Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2011, 7:18 am

Quote:
i think you pretty much make it a point to reject rational, fact-based arguments.

Hah!

Crom is a grim, gloomy and unforgiving god, ever watching from atop his mountain in dark clouds and obscuring mists, ready to pass disapproving judgment on any and all. But he is said to value courage and tenacity in mortals, even if they ultimately fail.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 5:28 am

lilypadfad wrote:
16 year old boy having consensual sex with his 15 year old girlfriend =/= rape

I agree it seems silly, but the cut-off point for "not knowing better" has to be made somewhere.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

Germany has some pretty sane consent laws. From wikipedia:

Quote:
The age of consent in Germany is 14, as long as a person over the age of 21 does not exploit a 14–15 year-old person's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination. In this rare and special case, a conviction on an individual over the age of 21 requires a complaint from the younger individual; being over 21 and engaging in sexual relations with a minor of that age does not constitute an offense in and of itself. Otherwise the age of consent is 14, although provisions protecting minors against coercion apply until the age of 18.

Still I wasn't complaining about the cut-off age, more about the unlawful offense implied being considered "rape". When at most it should be a sexual misdemeanor or something similar.
Today I overheard one of my younger siblings use the word "rape" to mean "defeated in a sporting context". Seems like it's already losing its meaning.

Crom is a grim, gloomy and unforgiving god, ever watching from atop his mountain in dark clouds and obscuring mists, ready to pass disapproving judgment on any and all. But he is said to value courage and tenacity in mortals, even if they ultimately fail.