Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

Fits my theory on over-extended feminism :lol:

nice article.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 9:35 am

I can see where this article is coming from, but I'd still prefer a girlfriend over video games. :\

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

The male revolution has begun!! :P

I have an idea, single men should mass-email mass-broadcast each others in order to adopt a new movement: boycotting asking the girls out (not boycotting girls, or dating ....but only boycotting the initiation of asking out). No more pain of rejection , no more awkwardness , no more of "being yourself (aka your -perfect-image-to-women self), no competition among guys anymore...

If this movement is adopted on wide scale and world wide ,all social behaviors will change to our favor:
-Women will be obliged to initiate the contact, real-like and online dating alike.
-Women will be the ones who should step in , talk and ask , while we just sit and wait.
-On online dating site, if most women (who are seeking for date) notice that they're receiving zero message then they will have to do the unusual :messaging guys.
-The absolutely unattractive guys (for some reasons like looks or social awkwardness) won't lose anything, the only difference that instead of being rejected 100s of times and getting nowhere they just won't get asked out by girls. Worst scenario for them: the same ,no gf. The best scenario for them: Being unexpectedly asked out by some girl.
-A much better balance between the number of desperate" guys and the number of "desperate" girls.
- Desperate girls or girls who are too socially awkward or too shy to ask guys out will start signing up on dating sites more often, balancing the ratio to our favor.
- The highly desirable guys will become taken much more quickly , leaving the girls with no choice but to ask out the less desirable guys.
-In clubs and pubs , the girls are the ones who will ask the guys for a dance or offer some guy a drink.
- Economic changes: by adopting this movement , the number of single men and women will increase significantly and the single period will rise in the beginning , pushing women to become more financially independent and aggressive in order to survive alone ==> the dream of being a housewife will decrease and so the need for a good breadwinner male , making the not-so-wealthy men's life easier.

Who's with me? Who's with me?? :twisted:

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

How about we don't and just keep on the lookout for wonderful women amongst the bad ones.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:28 am

Jonsi wrote:
How about we don't and just keep on the lookout for wonderful women amongst the bad ones.

Oh Jonsi, you're so smooth and dreamy.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:30 am

It's always tempting to develop elaborate theories to blame society for one's personal problems, but rarely, if ever, actually useful. :roll:

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Maybe not the video games or dolls per se, but all the crap I have to put up with isn't worth it. Sex as a goal is a shallow goal, so when you take out sex as the ace in the hole that women use...(wait, no pun intended, I mean the figure of speech) then all you are left with is whine whine whine. "I want a man with ambition" translated to "I want a man with money" Although there is nothing wrong with wanting a man with money (if you had a choice, wouldn't you choose the guy with money?) it's the self-deception I have a problem with. Just come out and say you want a guy with money. I'll take an honest (gold digger? I think there is a more accurate word here) over a lying prude any day. I have ambition, but I don't have the money just yet...yeah, so long. And then we wonder why more women are getting their degrees and men aren't doing so well in school. What is there to motivate us? Without women as a motivating tool...

Now, there are still plenty of women out there that don't fit this description. Take a look around and see for yourself. But people like this are disappearing at an alarming rate. As good women disappear, so do good men. Without the proportional increase/decrease, the logic wouldn't add up. If you want a good example of this, go to any restaurant and see how people act, or any other customer service place for that matter. Customers don't have to put on an act, they can be the real them. The Internet is another good example, as well as people's driving skills, or driving attitudes. If someone drives like an as*hole, it means they are an as*hole.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:36 am

emlion wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

Oh Jonsi, you're so smooth and dreamy.
I just don't like it when people gang up on others just because of something small like an article on the internet.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 10:48 am

And I wonder what kind of men would answer a survey from PC World?!?!?! To spell it out, GEEKS. (That site linked to this) ---> http://www.pcworld.com/article/142193/s ... women.html

Edit: Looks like PC World links the survey/testing to some games site. But my point is surely the kind of men who would want to participate would be gamers in the first place.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Just read my direct response.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

I can see where the article is coming from but I also think the article doesn't look at this issue in it's entirety.

I have (I'm a woman) been called bad names and had rude gestures directed toward me when I said no to men (sometimes after they had touched my private parts without even talking to me). Repeating the article, why would I want that when single?

Both genders have to learn that respect is not a one way street. To my knowledge my relationship with my bf works due to respect and communication, he has told me that our relationship seems different to other relationships that he has had previously though.

I never expect anyone to know my wants/needs without me telling them what I want or need, if my needs/wants aren't met (unless I remember clearly saying about it more than five times) I talk about it and ask questions, then explain. I expect to be treated in the same way in any relationship. Is this unusual in adult relationships?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

No, that's a prime example of a good relationship, when you can discuss with the other when yours or his needs aren't being met. Communication and respect are key as you've said.

Good on ya for finding that guy. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:25 am

Grisha wrote:
It's always tempting to develop elaborate theories to blame society for one's personal problems, but rarely, if ever, actually useful. :roll:

Lol, we need to look at the definition of 'society' and 'problem' in this case. Per the author, and per any evolutionary psychologist out there who's worth their salt, human beings - as any other animal - are economic machines. The most economic outcome is pure victory. Thus, the guys who can't find the right people and spend their times drinking with their buddies, staying single, and having their buddies over after they take their suit and tie off from work to play Gears of War or go downstate on their crockrockets or ATV's on the weekend are living the dream.

If there's a distance sadness that hangs over that its this: most guys want a good/healthy relationship but, like women as well, no one wants a relationship that doesn't work. People would rather be single than be with someone who'll attempt to crush the other person under their thumb, especially based on a battered and ragged mock up of gender role. These guys want someone to love who appreciates them for who they are and who they can relate to. There are lots of really cool girls/women out there but still - even from that point forward, it seems like once attempts are made to flip a friend into a relationship going forward, there's too much of a deep down cultural confusion, even the girls who seem ultra cool, if it didn't start out with you immediately showing interest (when the two of you were nothing to each other) then you're trying to start something that already has a wrench in the works.

Its still worth people trying but - I think a lot of guys are becoming much more measured in their attempts.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The male revolution has begun!! :P

I have an idea, single men should mass-email mass-broadcast each others in order to adopt a new movement: boycotting asking the girls out (not boycotting girls, or dating ....but only boycotting the initiation of asking out). No more pain of rejection , no more awkwardness , no more of "being yourself (aka your -perfect-image-to-women self), no competition among guys anymore...

If this movement is adopted on wide scale and world wide ,all social behaviors will change to our favor:
-Women will be obliged to initiate the contact, real-like and online dating alike.
-Women will be the ones who should step in , talk and ask , while we just sit and wait.
-On online dating site, if most women (who are seeking for date) notice that they're receiving zero message then they will have to do the unusual :messaging guys.
-The absolutely unattractive guys (for some reasons like looks or social awkwardness) won't lose anything, the only difference that instead of being rejected 100s of times and getting nowhere they just won't get asked out by girls. Worst scenario for them: the same ,no gf. The best scenario for them: Being unexpectedly asked out by some girl.
-A much better balance between the number of desperate" guys and the number of "desperate" girls.
- Desperate girls or girls who are too socially awkward or too shy to ask guys out will start signing up on dating sites more often, balancing the ratio to our favor.
- The highly desirable guys will become taken much more quickly , leaving the girls with no choice but to ask out the less desirable guys.
-In clubs and pubs , the girls are the ones who will ask the guys for a dance or offer some guy a drink.
- Economic changes: by adopting this movement , the number of single men and women will increase significantly and the single period will rise in the beginning , pushing women to become more financially independent and aggressive in order to survive alone ==> the dream of being a housewife will decrease and so the need for a good breadwinner male , making the not-so-wealthy men's life easier.

Who's with me? Who's with me?? :twisted:

Um... HELL YES? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-oABKLIXEM[/youtube]