Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

25 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

I assume when women are interested in me who were previously disinterested in me due to "You're not my type" reasoning (I.e., you're a not a creative, sensitive poetic guy or some such), it's because they see $$$ or some other future materialistic advantages and/or because they're attracted because other females are attracted(It's an NT trend - girls are attracted to guys that attract other girls.) and/or because there's been an uptick in my self-beliefs. So, I essentially don't trust that type.

There are other women whom we don't have, let's say, rapport but yet they're still interested in me, I'm assuming it's due to particular personality traits like ambition and confidence. What happens when the confidence or ambition temporarily wanes or tragedy strikes? Are they going to leave? Yeah, I don't trust that type to "stick around" through thick and thin, but I might entertain the idea if I'm interested in a potentially short term relationship. (So far, I haven't, but who knows how I may feel in the future?)

When they have rapport and they're interested, heck yeah, I'd trust that type because it has the potential for "truer" love, but I haven't yet encountered any females like that because conversation and rapport-building doesn't seem to be a specialty of mine. Or, rather, finding like minds seems to be a more difficult task for me.

So, what should I do? I mean, what's the best way to navigate the waters of L&D in my particular situation?

Last edited by swbluto on 25 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

If I had made a post with this title, I'd be banned.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

25 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

SadAspy wrote:

Why? It's not particularly wrong to be mistrusting, though it undoubtedly introduces... difficulties.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

Every time a woman goes out with a man she barely knows, or even a man she is an acquaintance of, she takes a risk. He could be a psychopath, a rapist, a murderer, or all of the above. He could be player who will leave her once he has sex with her, or a two timer who will cheat on her.

Men and women both take risks in relationships. Any time you interact with someone you take a risk. That is just something most people accept.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Chronos wrote:
Every time a woman goes out with a man she barely knows, or even a man she is an acquaintance of, she takes a risk. He could be a psychopath, a rapist, a murderer, or all of the above. He could be player who will leave her once he has sex with her, or a two timer who will cheat on her.

Men and women both take risks in relationships. Any time you interact with someone you take a risk. That is just something most people accept.

So, you're saying just take the plunge and take the risk? Hmmm... I wonder if "risk management" is beneficial with relationships? I know it's particularly beneficial in finances, business and insurance so I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial in relationships, but it could prove to be more of a hindrance than help in the long run.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

swbluto wrote:
Chronos wrote:

So, you're saying just take the plunge and take the risk? Hmmm... I wonder if "risk management" is beneficial with relationships? I know it's particularly beneficial in finances, business and insurance so I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial in relationships, but it could prove to be more of a hindrance than help in the long run.

You can take steps to mitigate risk but there is a risk in everything.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

i don't trust men

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i don't trust men

That's the step in the right direction! lol

What are your reasons? Are they infidelitous sex-manics or something?

Last edited by swbluto on 25 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

no male has ever earnt my trust, many have broken it. i'm justified
but not bitter

EmiliaL
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

swbluto wrote:
Hmmm... I wonder if "risk management" is beneficial with relationships? I know it's particularly beneficial in finances, business and insurance so I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial in relationships, but it could prove to be more of a hindrance than help in the long run.

I've found it to be beneficial, whether the relationship is potentially a life partnership or a friendship.

Finding the right balance between being an doormat and driving everyone off because of fear of any risk, now that's the hard part.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm

SadAspy wrote:

If the op had insulted females on his post(was asked to stop using curse words because its against the rules but you all know what I mean) he´d have been warned/banned if he refused to edit his post.

You are allowed to critique females all you want as long as you dont do personal attacks to other members/use curse words to describe all females.

As a matter of fact you´ve been doing it for a while and as far as Im concerned no mod has approached you since you stopped using curse words/attacking members

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

*steals swbluto's wallet*

Taking a break.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

These are unknowns for everyone. Just throw the dice and see.

Sometimes they'll stun you with their betrayals. Sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

everyone has to do what simon says

Karuna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

*throws dice*

Karuna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

Nothing happened, what kind of dice are we talking about here?

Zomg, sex dice?