Have I just done something stupid?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Mildrith wrote:
but be prepared for the possibility of that he is not interest4ed in a romantic way.

True; he may just want some fresh cat.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 3:23 am

diniesaur wrote:
I don't think all you people should be so quick to dismiss the relationship; she said the bus driver gave her his number. I ride the city bus all the time, and I've never seen a bus driver do that. I've also never seen the bus drivers flirt with other people; I think you're probably basing this off stereotypes. They're friendly, but I think there would have to be something special going on for one of them to give someone its number.

Thank you.

Quote:
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I don't think the bus driver was flirting with you. They're nice to everybody. Maybe you mistook his friendliness for flirting. People who deal with the public have to be nice to everyone. Not all of them are nice, of course, but the ones who are being nice aren't necessarily flirting with you. I'm not saying that the girl who gave you a nasty look had the right to do so (and she didn't), but maybe she thought it was strange that you were flirting with the driver. Maybe she wasn't flirting with him; maybe she was just chit-chatting with him, like most people do with bus drivers. Don't feel bad; as an Aspie, I can't always tell when people are flirting with me, either. Which is why I'm glad I have a boyfriend, so I won't have to worry about that so much, anymore. Set your sights on something (or someone) else.

There are lots of other really friendly drivers on it - one even gave me a chocolate bar because he said I was a ''regular passenger'', but I didn't pass that off as anything to do with romance nor flirting. And (this is not a driver) I know a man who always comes upto me in the street or in a shop and puts an arm round me and even gives me a kiss on the cheek and says, ''hello my love, how are you?!'' But I even know that he isn't meaning anything, it's just a friendly gesture from him and he's just that type. But with this bus-driver, it's a bit different. He knows I like him, and is practically encouraging me to like him more. He even lets me on for free - and not nobody else (as far as I know), and none of the other regular drivers do this to me, even if they're really friendly and even flirty too.
And I fancied a driver a few years ago and made it quite obvious, and he was friendly but didn't show signs to impress me or encourage me to like him more.

renemain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2011, 1:33 am

From the sounds of it you have nothing to worry about.
Just stop analyzing it so much.