The more I post on this forum, the less dateable I become

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 Oct 2011, 5:56 pm

I swear every time I post on this forum, I'm just simply avoiding reality and subsequently losing potentially valuable experience in the dating world and so by posting on here, I'm becoming even less dateable as I age. Gosh, it seems so ironic. The more help I seek, the worse off I am.

HELP! What's the cure, duuuude?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

1. Log off from WP.
2. Disconnect from the Internet
3. Shut down the computer.
4. Bathe.
5. Put some clothes on.
6. Go someplace where women your age are likely to be.
7. Introduce yourself to a woman.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

How do I do number 7?

Do I start off with talking about my favorite interest, the telephone? i.e.,

"The telephone, often colloquially referred to as a phone, is a telecommunications device that transmits and receives sound, most commonly the human voice. Telephones are a point-to-point communication system whose most basic function is to allow two people separated by large distances to talk to each other. It is one of the most common appliances in the developed world, and has long been considered indispensable to businesses, households and governments. The word "telephone" has been adapted to many languages and is widely recognized around the world."

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

this makes sense D:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

Well, you need to increase exposure.

Since I started the gym, other than befriending guys and older ladies, I approached about four young girls, and they befriended me very positively (not yet friend zoned) , 2 of them in obvious flirty way and one in more reserved way yet sounds kinda interested.

All of them have huge red flags of incompatibility though, so I don't see anything potential with any of them except one.

Well, there'd plenty of others.

My point is, you need more social exposure, and you can't find that on the internet.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
1. Log off from WP.
4. Bathe.
5. Put some clothes on.

It's not that easy.
Your not becoming more and more of a loser for posting on here. This is a different way of being social which is a first step for some people. If you feel uncomfortable talking to random people through highly social places like bars then that is simply not for you. A better way is to meet people in clubs doing activities that you like to do or even finding aspergers social gatherings. Some people even meet partners at comic conventions now a days. Don't force yourself to find a partner in a setting your uncomfortable with. Even just making more friends through your own interests will get you opportunities to meet good partners. Anyway your definitely not a loser for talking online to like minded people. Some people have social anxiety so bad being online is the easiest way to socialize which is better than not getting to.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

swbluto wrote:
How do I do number 7?

"Hello, my name is ________."

Then ask one of these, as appropriate:

"May I buy you a drink?" - Works best in a bar; maybe include her friends, if you can afford it.

"Will you have dinner with me?" - Works best when located near a restaurant or diner.

"May I have this dance?" - Works best when you know how to dance, there's a live band playing, and there's a dance floor available.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Angel_ryan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
1. Log off from WP.
4. Bathe.
5. Put some clothes on.
It's not that easy.

Yes, it is.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Your not becoming more and more of a loser for posting on here.

No, a person becomes a loser when he or she never tries to succeed.

Angel_ryan wrote:
This is a different way of being social which is a first step for some people. If you feel uncomfortable talking to random people through highly social places like bars then that is simply not for you.

Who said anything about bars? I said, "Go someplace where women your age are likely to be."

Angel_ryan wrote:
A better way is to meet people in clubs doing activities that you like to do or even finding aspergers social gatherings.

Clubs? Crowded, noisy clubs full of activity, strong smells and flashing lights? Right ... just the perfect kind of place for an Aspie to be.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Some people even meet partners at comic conventions now a days.

A crowded convention full of nerds, geeks, and people in weird costumes?

Angel_ryan wrote:
Don't force yourself to find a partner in a setting your uncomfortable with.

That makes sense. Meeting someone at a place you're uncomfortable with would seem to increase your chances of meeting a person that you'll be uncomfortable with.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Even just making more friends through your own interests will get you opportunities to meet good partners.

If it's a mainstream interest, perhaps.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Anyway your definitely not a loser for talking online to like minded people. Some people have social anxiety so bad being online is the easiest way to socialize which is better than not getting to.

If online socializing is the only way for a person to socialize, then that's just the way it is. But if a person uses their on-line activities as an excuse for avoiding social situations and not meeting people face-to-face when they have no such social anxiety, then that is a "loser" activity.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

funny I was just thinking about this today how I become such a terrible navel-gazer the more time I spend on this subforum. all this self-analysis and introspection is really counter-productive when my main problem with dating is relating to other people.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 7:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
Angel_ryan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
1. Log off from WP.
4. Bathe.
5. Put some clothes on.
It's not that easy.

Yes, it is.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Your not becoming more and more of a loser for posting on here.

No, a person becomes a loser when he or she never tries to succeed.

Angel_ryan wrote:
This is a different way of being social which is a first step for some people. If you feel uncomfortable talking to random people through highly social places like bars then that is simply not for you.

Who said anything about bars? I said, "Go someplace where women your age are likely to be."

Angel_ryan wrote:
A better way is to meet people in clubs doing activities that you like to do or even finding aspergers social gatherings.

Clubs? Crowded, noisy clubs full of activity, strong smells and flashing lights? Right ... just the perfect kind of place for an Aspie to be.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Some people even meet partners at comic conventions now a days.

A crowded convention full of nerds, geeks, and people in weird costumes?

Angel_ryan wrote:
Don't force yourself to find a partner in a setting your uncomfortable with.

That makes sense. Meeting someone at a place you're uncomfortable with would seem to increase your chances of meeting a person that you'll be uncomfortable with.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Even just making more friends through your own interests will get you opportunities to meet good partners.

If it's a mainstream interest, perhaps.

Angel_ryan wrote:
Anyway your definitely not a loser for talking online to like minded people. Some people have social anxiety so bad being online is the easiest way to socialize which is better than not getting to.

If online socializing is the only way for a person to socialize, then that's just the way it is. But if a person uses their on-line activities as an excuse for avoiding social situations and not meeting people face-to-face when they have no such social anxiety, then that is a "loser" activity.

I don't like going to public places and talking to people I don't know there are people like that, be a little more sensitive Fnord
CLUBS = An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity.
I've met a lot of Aspies at anime conventions and my current boy friend.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 7:35 pm

anna-banana wrote:
funny I was just thinking about this today how I become such a terrible navel-gazer the more time I spend on this subforum. all this self-analysis and introspection is really counter-productive when my main problem with dating is relating to other people.

You're right, Ryan has been claiming you've been doing a piss poor job recently at gazing at his navel. You need to stop neglecting your practice or you're going to atrophy all your real life skills.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

swbluto wrote:
I swear every time I post on this forum, I'm just simply avoiding reality and subsequently losing potentially valuable experience in the dating world and so by posting on here, I'm becoming even less dateable as I age. Gosh, it seems so ironic. The more help I seek, the worse off I am.

Request to be banned from WP.

Also I know this thread isn't about this but I've seen you post some very ignorant views in here in regards to women, my advice would be to go and live at a university dorm and grow up a bit in terms of trying to understand the opposite sex.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:14 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
swbluto wrote:

Also I know this thread isn't about this but I've seen you post some very ignorant views in here in regards to women, my advice would be to go and live at a university dorm and grow up a bit in terms of trying to understand the opposite sex.

Lol, just because I wasn't aware of all the manipulation techniques that guys use on women doesn't mean I have very ignorant views on women.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
1. Log off from WP.
4. Bathe.
5. Put some clothes on.
6. Go someplace...

In fact, just those six tips will be enough for many people. Just get out there.

Oh, and if you can stand it, put some aftershave on too after your shave. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

swbluto wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
swbluto wrote:

Lol, just because I wasn't aware of all the manipulation techniques that guys use on women doesn't mean I have very ignorant views on women.

I'll dig out stuff you've said when I have time; right now I don't, as you seem to not think you've said anything ignorant.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
swbluto wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
swbluto wrote:

I'll dig out stuff you've said when I have time; right now I don't, as you seem to not think you've said anything ignorant.

Lol, you don't have to bother. When I make statements like "Girls always like a$$holes", I'm usually just joking around.