So why am I not interested in him???

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

I have someone who I have been dating off and on for over 6 years. I love him, and he loves me, but the chances of us actually being together and living a life together is probably not going to happen. It seems that way with many guys I like. Not a possibility to have a life long relationship. I do have a friend though. He is kind to me, and he would do almost anything for me. He is a great friend. He would want more that that. He has told me this (oh ,I should mention that I am poly and all parties know this). I just have no other feelings for him other than platonic. If I should date anyone, it should be him. He would be good for me, but I just can't think of him as more than a very good friend. Why?? Why can't I pursue anything with him? I am I going after someone I can probably never have while the good guy I probably should is standing in front of me? I just don't think of him as any more than a friend... a friend who would move the world for me, but a friend. It makes me feel guilty.

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2011, 2:48 am

The exact same thing has been happening to me for a long time now
my best friend would absolutely love to end up with me, however I just can't go there
i have tried to over the years on a couple of occasions unfortunately i just cant force it.
I have also tried backing off and just being a sometimes friend and its impossible to keep that up either
I feel so guilty all the time, like i am stringing him along
i have told him to go and find someone else as there is no point waiting for me.
but he doesn't