Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

steeviebops
Raven
Raven

27 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

About a year ago I observed a girl who worked in a supermarket near me. At first I saw nothing, she was just another employee in there. That was until Easter, when I was buying some eggs. As I was paying for them (a self-service checkout, so she wasn't involved in any way) she commented on how so many people were buying them "not even as gifts but to scoff them all." After that I often noticed her going out of her way to talk to me and on one occasion she asked me if I lived with my girlfriend, which I took as her trying to find out if I was single. A while later she gave me her number and told me to text her, only the number she gave me was wrong. So I sent her a message on Facebook to tell her that, and she replied to say she was sorry and "felt bad" but has a girlfriend. I felt a bit confused and let down but bounced back fairly easily.

A few months ago I bumped into her in the street and she told me about how she was going away for a few weeks. That was the last I saw of her for ages, to the point that I assumed she didn't come back or else changed jobs... until last Sunday. She was in the same store and said hi to me when I went in. On the way out I commented that I hadn't seen her in ages and she said "yeah I've been hiding, you seem upset." I was in a desperate lull at the time and assumed I was giving off that vibe so replied that I was a little,. Turned out she was testing the waters to see if I missed her. She told me she was single again and to text her. What the hell? I thought she was a lesbian? My head was completely melted by that. I saw her again yesterday and she was trying to strike up a conversation with me but I just didn't feel like it, my mind went blank and I had no idea what to say. Then again I was also in a busy store with about 20-30 others and that would always stress me out.

Am I better off ignoring this girl or maybe avoiding the store completely? The thing is, I'm not completely against the idea. I like the attention as it's quite rare that a girl hits on me.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

I'd ignore her. It's obvious she wants attention. Do you know if she does this with other guys?

Kind of wish that happened to me tonight. I saw this really hot girl working as a cashier at the location of this one popular supermarket chain. I didn't notice her until I was about to leave because this location had a display blocking the view of the cashiers when you enter. I figured I had to buy something just so I'd have an excuse to go through her line (I almost walked out empty-handed because I couldn't find what I was looking for). Glad I did because through a second look, while I didn't find EXACTLY what I was looking for, I found something similar. I did go through her line, but it was pretty disappointing. She wasn't as hot up close as she was from a distance, probably because I only glanced at her for a second in passing at first. She also seemed really emo.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

Well, she could be bisexual, but it still seems like she's leading you on.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2011, 1:10 am

steeviebops wrote:
About a year ago I observed a girl who worked in a supermarket near me. At first I saw nothing, she was just another employee in there. That was until Easter, when I was buying some eggs. As I was paying for them (a self-service checkout, so she wasn't involved in any way) she commented on how so many people were buying them "not even as gifts but to scoff them all." After that I often noticed her going out of her way to talk to me and on one occasion she asked me if I lived with my girlfriend, which I took as her trying to find out if I was single. A while later she gave me her number and told me to text her, only the number she gave me was wrong. So I sent her a message on Facebook to tell her that, and she replied to say she was sorry and "felt bad" but has a girlfriend. I felt a bit confused and let down but bounced back fairly easily.

A few months ago I bumped into her in the street and she told me about how she was going away for a few weeks. That was the last I saw of her for ages, to the point that I assumed she didn't come back or else changed jobs... until last Sunday. She was in the same store and said hi to me when I went in. On the way out I commented that I hadn't seen her in ages and she said "yeah I've been hiding, you seem upset." I was in a desperate lull at the time and assumed I was giving off that vibe so replied that I was a little,. Turned out she was testing the waters to see if I missed her. She told me she was single again and to text her. What the hell? I thought she was a lesbian? My head was completely melted by that. I saw her again yesterday and she was trying to strike up a conversation with me but I just didn't feel like it, my mind went blank and I had no idea what to say. Then again I was also in a busy store with about 20-30 others and that would always stress me out.

Am I better off ignoring this girl or maybe avoiding the store completely? The thing is, I'm not completely against the idea. I like the attention as it's quite rare that a girl hits on me.
i'd be cautious of this one. girls that are fickle like this often times break hearts, and arent worth the effort.

this being said, if you want to pursue her, at least make a rule to stop 'going for it to see if it will work out' if you ever make plans with her to have her cancel them without giving you a reschedule date. when girls cancel plans for a 'date' without giving you an alternative day, it means they arent interested, and are just stringing you along because they like this type of attention. i had a girl do this to me, and im very glad i learned my lesson (thru experience and a bit of research) :D

if you want to go for it, dont beat around the push and lolligag around. ask her on a 'DATE'. 'do you want to go on a date with me?'

then take her somewhere unique, not a typical date spot. dates like this have a better chance of impressing a girl, i'd say, although a lot of it has to do with your demeanor, how well you carry a conversation, etc.

mini golf is a good choice, but where i live its out of season :C

honestly, though, i'd be very cautious about this one, and even consider not trying it at all. it very well could be against your best interests to try to date someone who is as fickle and manipulative as this.

"Turned out she was testing the waters to see if I missed her." <- this is a HUGE red flag.