Why don't single men hereput their pictures up as an avatar?

Page 1 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

So many times I have seen someone in a forum that interests me, but without a picture or a location, I just dismiss them and keep reading. Most of them are discussing issues in the "Love and dating" forum. If a girl is interested, she would probably like to see them and see if they were close by. So why should they thwart their chances by putting up a picture of their favorite artist?

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

I agree. Especially as to location. Often I see threads here which ask a question which can only be answered if the location of the original poster is known.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm

Because they aren't comfortable with sharing their picture? This isn't a dating site. Some people don't like to use their photos as avatars. I'd be terrified to put my own as my avatar and to have to look at my face every time I post. (I don't have anything against my pictures... I just don't like it in the forum).

But in a way, I understand your feelings. I guess that what PM is for? You can ask them about their location or ask them to show you their picture. However, some guys might see this as too pushy.

I like to know what people I interact with look like, so I've asked some of the people here to show me their picture. Nobody refused, and I wasn't even flirting.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm

The likelyhood of someone here finding someone willing to date them is low enough. And finding someone who is good enough for being your partner is lower. Yes a couple here have gotten married, but most relationships here fail bad

Skeith
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

also some of us just don't have pictures to post period.... im not one of them but it is there. just not very frequent.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

I used to have a normal picture of myself as my avatar, but it got old. I prefer this current photo of me shirtless and surrounded by a yellow light that looks like radiation.

This was my old photo, the result of a low quality cell phone camera:

It is actually pretty good, I think. But I prefer my current Radioactive Man schtick.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

deconstruction wrote:
Because they aren't comfortable with sharing their picture? This isn't a dating site. Some people don't like to use their photos as avatars. I'd be terrified to put my own as my avatar and to have to look at my face every time I post. (I don't have anything against my pictures... I just don't like it in the forum).

But in a way, I understand your feelings. I guess that what PM is for? You can ask them about their location or ask them to show you their picture. However, some guys might see this as too pushy.

I like to know what people I interact with look like, so I've asked some of the people here to show me their picture. Nobody refused, and I wasn't even flirting.

pretty much hit the nail on the head.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2011, 10:52 pm

Magnus...you are a great looking guy! My goodness, you need to do something....maybe it's your location? Do you smile a lot? That makes you more approachable.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:53 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I used to have a normal picture of myself as my avatar, but it got old. I prefer this current photo of me shirtless and surrounded by a yellow light that looks like radiation.

That's you in your avatar? 8O

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm

also, some of us (including myself) have posted many pics of ourselves in this forum

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:57 pm

MXH wrote:
also, some of us (including myself) have posted many pics of ourselves in this forum

oooh, yes.

But: noooooooooooooooooooo, why did you change your avatar? :cry:

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm

deconstruction wrote:
MXH wrote:

oooh, yes.

But: noooooooooooooooooooo, why did you change your avatar? :cry:

ive had it since like may, it was time. plus i found the DMbar but didnt go inside

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:10 pm

cinbad wrote:
Magnus...you are a great looking guy! My goodness, you need to do something....maybe it's your location? Do you smile a lot? That makes you more approachable.

I smile only when I am engaged in a conversation or when I see/hear something funny. Or when I am listening to some music I like on my headphone. Outside of that, both my current avatar and my old photo show what is pretty much my default expression.

I do not think my problem is my lack of smile, though. i think it has more to do with my eyes: many people told me I look like I am always daydreaming.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. You also look great.

deconstruction wrote:

Why? Is there a problem? I like the Radioactive Man. :lol:

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

MXH wrote:
ive had it since like may, it was time. plus i found the DMbar but didnt go inside

Oh, it's ok. It's your avatar and all. I'll get used to it. .... Eventually.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Words like violence break the silence, come crashing in into my little world...

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:14 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
deconstruction wrote:

Why? Is there a problem? I like the Radioactive Man. :lol:

No, no, quite the contrary, your avatar is great. And you are very good looking.

It's just... I don't know how to say this... I thought it was someone on the electric chair. Like a frame from a music video or something.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 11:14 pm

deconstruction wrote:
MXH wrote:

Oh, it's ok. It's your avatar and all. I'll get used to it. .... Eventually.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Words like violence break the silence, come crashing in into my little world...

painful to me, tears right through me, cant you understand, ohh my little girl