SUCCESS! (i think XD) advices / methodologies within

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

so awhile ago i posted a thread about a cashier i was interested in. oddly enough, this isnt a success story about the same cashier, but a different one.

tip #1: there is more than one girl for you. gravitating on ONE girl isnt good practice if you are looking to find someone. if you like someone more than they like you, it can be very hard for them because they'll likely know that (especially if you are as transparent as i am XD), and they'll feel obligated to develop feelings that they dont have faster than they feel comfortable with. this will push them away instead of making them closer to you.

so, i've interacted with this girl a grand total of 3 times. the first time it was very brief, and she directed me to a different checking lane because she was in the middle of something. the second time she smiled at me a lot, and when she gave me my change, she seemed to make a special effort to put her hand in mine for maybe a lil bit longer than needed.

tip #2: its sometimes hard to tell when they are interested sometimes. a good way of telling if they are is trying to hold eye contact with them, and smiling a LOT when you look at them, and seeing if they grin / smile back at you, and if they hold eye contact with you. this eye contact is kinda hard sometimes. when i was waiting in the line (the third time i interacted with her) she saw me (and there was a guy in front of me with roughly 40200 items). i said 'hey' from afar, because we couldnt really talk, but i wanted her to know that i remembered her because i knew she remembered me. she said 'hey' back. there was initial eye contact, but its super hard sometimes to maintain for aspies especially (at least for me), so i looked away after only about 1.5 or 2 seconds of eye contact. its as if my brain said "OMG WERE MAKING EYE CONTACT! AVERT EYES IMMEDIATELY!". so, i facepalmed (in my head, not in public LOL), and went for round 2 a bit later. this time we maintained eye contact for a good 4 maybe even 5 seconds. i've heard experts said something about the proper time frame is about 3 or 4 seconds, so i might have even went overboard with it a lil. she didnt seem to mind though, we maintained eye contact and just smiled. this was when my confidence seemed to go thru the roof. i knew she was into me now, it wasnt just an educated hunch like before.

when the guy in front of me moved away, i moved up and said 'hi ~insert name here~'. she seemed to respond to me using her name, even though we hadnt been formally introduced, and i got her name from her nametag (and somehow i STILL havent told her my name *facepalm*. i guess im going the mysterious route? XD). she seemed nervous, but i didnt mind, im pretty nervous sometimes too. when she handed me the receipt, i said "hey, do you have facebook?", to which she replied "yes". "can i add you?" (insert big smile :D), "sure!". so i wrote down my facebook URL (even though she asked for my name XD im so dense sometimes lolololol), and handed it to her.

i now patiently await her adding me in a few mins (she just got off work). i figured i'd share my (hopefully) success story with you guys, and how i went about it. maybe someone will learn from it!

bookworm285
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Congratulations! Did she add you on facebook?

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2012, 4:24 pm

yea. she did. :P

unfortunately things arent exactly going as planned T.T