Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2012, 5:39 am

chance would be a fine thing...

datingman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2012, 5:49 am

sex is important part of our life everyone need to sex and not need to divide category.

mark99
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2012, 6:09 am

What other people do is their business, but I've got no interest in casual sex. The risk of disease goes up as you start sleeping around, and unwanted pregnancies are no fun either.

Then there's the situation where one party thinks they're getting into a serious relationship and they other party just wants to get laid with no strings attached. That hurts.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 6:23 am

I've got no problem with it as a concept. In practice, well, let's just say I'm glad I'm married and don't have to worry about it any more.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 6:45 am

Miharu wrote:
No. Sex is special to me, even kissing. I can't be intimate without love, i can't seperate sex from love. I can't let someone that close to me unless i really love him.

This. :)

mv
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 7:52 am

No for me; fine for what other people want to do in the privacy of their own homes.

For all the reasons TEGH and cinbad put down.

Also, OP, it's quite liberating not to care what other people think of you. I'm lucky that way (I'm also much older).

identity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:45 am

I can't imagine that I would ever want to, or could have casual sex.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:02 am

While it's far from my first choice, I might consider it under the right circumstances.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:08 am

I don't mind casual sex. It's nice. He does his thing, I do my thing, and then he goes home and I have the bed to myself. What more could I ask for?! :D

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

I used to think it sounded fun until I entered a monogamous relationship. With one partner you don't have to worry about not getting any for months at a time, and also I've got the affection and love side of things to enhance it.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:30 am

If a person prefers casual sex, there's no real reason why they should be made to feel bad for having it. That said, I personally prefer being in a relationship, but then I certainly wouldn't turn down casual sex when I'm not in one :P

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:42 am

I never had a problem with it, but a lot of my "casual" partners ended up wanting to keep me.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

I haven't had the love aspect of sex yet. I figure that'll happen when I learn to give more than I take. I'm not quite there yet, and I don't know if it would be fair to someone else.

But then again, some people like a tumultuous road. More power to 'em, if they can melt my ice. :)

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

I don't judge people who do. Especially those who get drunk and have the odd encounter (as it's not uncommon). I think though that there might be something amiss if all you ever have our casual relationships. Plus if you do go for a causal relationship I think it shouldn't be with the same person more than once. I mean then it just starts to get messy.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:24 am

Strictly speaking, I'm not for it.

Heavy Petting, handies and fingering.. even oral sex I can see participating in on a casual level. But actual penetration I will not consider with anyone unless I'm willing to entertain the idea of raising a child with them and being with them for years and years and years. This is really at the root of the reason why I'm as old as I am and still a virgin. Though I've done or had done to me all the things I listed above, I've turned down opportunities for vaginal penetration because I couldn't see myself procreating with the other person.

After all, that is the whole point of sex. We simply take advantage of the fact it makes us feel good in order to rid ourselves of boredom. If I can't see myself, not only in 10 months time, but in 20 years time, still with that person, raising a child, then I won't even consider it.

Yes, of course, you can use protection. Even if she's on the pill and I use a Condom.. there is still a chance, however slim. If I'm not prepared to deal with the consequences of that, or she isn't ready to deal with the consequences of that.. I don't want to be part of it. Sex is not just a fun past time, it carries weight and inherent responsibility, regardless of our wish to forget those facts.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

mds_02 wrote:
Yes. But a lot of people have casual sex for entirely the wrong reasons. If you just want to get off and you find someone else who wants the same, great. But, from what I've seen, there is a tendency among women to have sex with a man (who wants nothing more than sex) in a misguided attempt to make him like her. And there is a tendency among men to have sex (whether he actually wants to or not) with anyone they find willing, because they feel that not having sex makes them less masculine.

i had a one night stand turn into a 20 year relationship. we were acquaintances and we had mutual friends so he wasn't a stranger. the next morning i gave him my number and he called. i was cool with FWB or a relationship but i didn't have any expectations or burning desire for either one. i was glad to just have the one night, however he was serious right from the get-go. i think that this stuff sometimes goes along gender lines, and sometimes it doesn't. people are complicated, and it's really hard to get inside anyone else's head.

OP, i am not for or against casual sex for other people. i advocate honesty between people so that both partners are fully aware of what they are getting into. for myself, i am not able to do it anymore as i tend to become more attached to sex partners now.