Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Soomie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

So, I think I might be a possible Aspie, but I haven't been diagnosed yet. I became involved with this guy that is one of my classes, and we ended up hooking up two weeks ago. I fell hard for him. He expressed a desire to date me, but I told him I wanted to think about it (I find myself needing to analyze pros and cons before committing to something). After about three or four days of thinking, I decided to give it a shot. That's when he told me that he felt differently and had changed his mind after how I had "acted" that week. He told me that he found me too "passive and quiet" and that I view everything as "black and white" and "generalize." He also said we had different tastes in music, ideas of fun, and lifestyles, though he does find me attractive, we think the same, and I'm mentally stimulating. I just expressed that I cared for him and that I wanted to at least "try" a relationship to see how it would work, and he wanted to analyze why exactly I felt the way that I did. Every time I gave an answer, he gave me the "black and white" thing. I was heartbroken. Then we kept arguing and arguing and taking things that each other said the wrong way. I was supposed to take the bus to visit him friday. He texted me and got upset that I didn't text him in a timely manner about getting on the bus. I said that I was tired of being his pincushion because he's always nitpicking my faults and overanalyzing things until they become meaningless. He got upset, I guess, and deleted me from Facebook. I sent him an apology even though I don't feel that I was at fault just to patch things up, and I said I would give him some space, but I still haven't heard from him.....

I don't know if any of you out there are into astrology, but Mercury is currently retrograding. It began on the 12th, which is coincidentally when he and I started having communication problems.... I thought maybe if I give him space and wait until that's over, maybe we could be friends again.

I get so hooked on guys. I mean, I really like this one, but somehow I always tend to mess relationships up. Who am I kidding.....I can't even get one started. I can't help that I think and perceive things the way that I do and that I have trouble with social situations.... I haven't mentioned to him that I might be an Aspie. He has an IQ of 163 and possesses eidetic memory. He also suffers from OCD and Depression/Anxiety, so maybe if I told him he would understand me better..... I don't know. It would be nice to meet a guy who understands me at least once, ya know?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAD Face :cry:

questor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:14 am

1. The two of you are not a match. Stop beating a dead horse and move on.

2. According to things you posted, you seem to be somewhat needy, and in a big hurry to rush romantic relationships. Good romantic relationships take time to develop, and can't be rushed. Hasty relationships tend to lead to failure and regret. So slow down, and take the time to get to know people before getting too seriously involved with them.

3. Astrology is about predictions based on imaginary characters created by playing connect the dots with groups of stars, and with the celestial movements of these imaginary characters in relation to our planet. The stars are millions and in most cases billions or even more miles away from us. That is too far for them to have any real physical effects on us using gravity. The only star close enough for that is our own Sun. The stars are massive flaming balls of gas and plasma, and except for our Sun, have no physical effect on us. Playing connect the dots with groups of them doesn't change that. Our system planets are closer than the stars, but are a whole lot smaller, so they also have no effect on us, with the exception of our moon. The Moon is close enough to have gravitational effects on tides, and even makes the Earth bulge towards it due to the Moon's gravitational pull. None of this gives the stars, our Sun, or our Moon any power to indicate future personal events in people's lives. The only events they can indicate are things like eclipses, and line-ups of different stars and planets, etc.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:34 am

The best thing you can do is disregard him and move on to something more positive, build more self understanding and awareness in who you are and look for someone that has a better understanding towards you.

Soomie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

Yes, I was thinking that I should just chalk this up and try to have it as a friendship. It's just so hard, because I'm really picky about guys that interest me, and when you find one that you like and that makes you feel happy it's hard to let go of the idea of it :(

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Sounds like if you did get together he would just keep demeaning you.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

I think you should have text him a couple of times to keep him sweet, as I know how it feels when someone doesn't reply back (it appears either arrogant or not caring).

It sounded like he WAS going to give you a chance but he couldn't understand why you had to analyse him rather then jump into the deep end.

Sorry if I sounded harsh there, but sometimes you can't take a step back and think about a potential date....you take the smooth with the rough. You learn from your mistakes and try to minimise it the next time you look at guys who will like you in return.

No, he shouldn't of nicpicked, but you need to give him a reason to see through your flaws, and you to him as that is how relationships work.