Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Niez228
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

I'm wondering what others do to not feel lonely and desperate thats if you feel lonely and desperate in the first place.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

I'm lonely all the time. I'm watching TV now, Flashpoint, to be exact. I'm gonna go to the store and buy some hard cider soon. I just try to stay busy. Busy, busy, busy. That's my secret. It works most of the time...! :D

Niez228
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2012, 10:06 pm

I don't feel like that right now I'm getting a consensus of what others do, btw whats flashpoint about I've heard of it a long time ago but never bothered to look it up.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

It's a well-photographed, well produced Canadian procedural show. Most of the time it's pretty good. Can't complain.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 11:04 pm

I dunno. I'm lonely all the time. I grasp at straws, I mindlessly refresh web pages, I scroll through the same online dating lists over and over. All the interesting ones already have "First contacted on X day" by them.. with no replies from any of them..

School's out right now.. so I'm just sitting at home.. waiting for school to start on august 20th.. Not working.. not going out.. dwelling on things I've done wrong.. regretting past mistakes.. generally just being miserable.

Flyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jun 2012, 11:51 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
It's a well-photographed, well produced Canadian procedural show. Most of the time it's pretty good. Can't complain.

Quite a lot of good tv shows come from Canada. If you liked Flashpoint you may want to check out Defying Gravity and Continuum.

rabbittss wrote:
I dunno. I'm lonely all the time. I grasp at straws, I mindlessly refresh web pages, I scroll through the same online dating lists over and over. All the interesting ones already have "First contacted on X day" by them.. with no replies from any of them..

School's out right now.. so I'm just sitting at home.. waiting for school to start on august 20th.. Not working.. not going out.. dwelling on things I've done wrong.. regretting past mistakes.. generally just being miserable.

I have been doing that for quite a long time. I thought that maybe getting a job would somehow make me more attractive. Unfortunately full time school, full time job and mostly Canadian tv shows leave no time for dating at all. I still have some exams and I hope that before school starts again, I would be able to finish at least some of the projects I have planned for summer. I'm thinking of building a perfect HTPC for my Canadian tv shows :D and learning microcontroller programming.

I really want to get a date this summer, but it's quite unlikely. Well, at least I'm getting some responses. Local dating site I use, has this response rate and received messages feature. I usually send message to girls who don't get that many messages and reply to most of the messages they receive. I didn't get any actual dates so far, but I got a couple of skype contacts.

rober
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jun 2012, 8:18 am

when I feel lonely, I makes new friends or girl friends, make cooking and watching lots of my favorite T.V. show..

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

Drink, sleep, get lost in some book or game or tv show, listen to music. None of it really works but it's all I've got really.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...