Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
All this talk of serial killers, poems, bad grammar creeps got me all creative. It's time to creep up this thread!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there stranger,

I come from the Planet, of that which is Wrong
When I see you I want to sing song
So I r make this poem ofyour looks
You know, the hot pics of you on your facebook..

I not make love yet, but that time will come
When it just you and me and no one
Else I will get my marriage sack
And chuck you in van, not in front, in back.

Sincerely,
That creepy guy that likes you
-------------------------------------------------------

*Hides in hole*

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I can't stand creepiness far easier than I can a grown man with poor grammar.

What if they had dyslexia or specific language impairment? It would seem harsh to overlook someone for that reason.

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2012, 11:57 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
I can't stand creepiness far easier than I can a grown man with poor grammar.

What if they had dyslexia or specific language impairment? It would seem harsh to overlook someone for that reason.

Maybe grammer is just that important to her. I know some people who find other people who do not wear the latest fashion as creepy and thats because fashion is just important to them.

Last edited by Zinnel on 12 Jun 2012, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

creepy= someone who doesn't respect or understand boundaries, someone ho makes you uncomfortable / scared.

If someone creeps me out, which means they've in some way crossed a boundary, I think they are creepy. It's that simple.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 12:29 am

Come on guys you can do better. Give us some GOOD examples!!

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

Theres a time and place for almost everything and some of the things on this email wouldnt be relevant if they had been talking for a while.

With that being said telling a woman that you dont know that you will stop contacting her if she says so makes the receiver usually scared.
I highly encourage you to substitute it with something like if you are busy/dont feel like replying I´ll understand.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:25 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
creepy= someone who doesn't respect or understand boundaries, someone ho makes you uncomfortable / scared.

If someone creeps me out, which means they've in some way crossed a boundary, I think they are creepy. It's that simple.

I agree, obsessive behaviour that isn't reciprocated is probably the main indicator that someone may be manipulative or possessive in a relationship. People that attempt to make other people feel obliged to them without any basis of mutual interest attraction or interest being evident.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:35 am

Wolfheart wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

I agree, obsessive behaviour that isn't reciprocated is probably the main indicator that someone may be manipulative or possessive in a relationship. People that attempt to make other people feel obliged to them without any basis of mutual interest attraction or interest being evident.

Now this ^^^^is creepy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:40 am

There are people who are creeped out by anybody who doesn't do everything the exact same way they do.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:45 am

I have a problem stemming, I presume from some sort of issue with the way I was treated by my 'Friends' growing up, where, if some one doesn't talk to me for a few days, who had previously been talking to me a lot.. I kind of freak out and jump to the conclusion that they hate me, and based on my life experience, chances are they really do hate me for some reason I can't comprehend.

So I will send them a bunch of emails and check their facebook pages a lot, which sucks now cause you can get apps for facebook that show you how many times some one has viewed your page..

It's not something I'm happy with, but it's a compulsion, almost a physically painful itch behind my eyes and in my limbs to do this. I really struggle with not doing it.. But simply put.. outside of a very few people.. I simply don't trust people not to hurt me emotionally.. and instead I wind up driving them off.

This is something that wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have the internet.. maybe I need to get rid of the internet..

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:54 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
There are people who are creeped out by anybody who doesn't do everything the exact same way they do.

That would be known as ignorance.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 4:03 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
Give us an example of something you think a woman would like to read/hear.

"I earn $2 million a month, and I'm away for most of the year."
Women would probably jump into the marriage sack by the dozen upon hearing that.

Well, the "$2 million" comment would make me think he was trying to buy me, and thus that he was classing me as a prostitute. That would get him put in the "complete d*ckhead" basket.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

AS_Citizen_43275-B
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2012, 4:09 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
Come on guys you can do better. Give us some GOOD examples!!

Exhibit A:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUrNwvvBk&feature=related[/youtube]

Creepiness is:
Bad delivery...
Not respecting boundaries...
Not knowing when to quit...
Imposing one's self and yet lacking self-confidence...
Appearing desperate...
Expressing or admitting one's fears, doubts, and weaknesses to a woman... (a serious no-no!)
Bad timing (unwelcome attention)...
Being too idiosyncratic...
Not accepting or lacking ability to sense apathy or rejection...
Being too forward...
Etc... etc...

ialdabaoth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2012, 4:23 am

"Creepy" is just another word for "needy".

Needy people are harder to exploit without giving them what they need first.

That makes them bad.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:01 am

ialdabaoth wrote:
"Creepy" is just another word for "needy".

Needy people are harder to exploit without giving them what they need first.

That makes them bad.

I don't think this is always true.
Creepy things, like old porcelain dolls, spiders, and being in a creaky old house alone at night, are things that make us uncomfortable.

I do think we're socialized to hide what we need from other people and so find people expressing their needs very vocally or very early on uncomfortable because they're breaking an internalized social norm. The same discomfort with norm breaking applies when the needs themselves break other internalized boundaries.

So while needy people can and certainly are sometimes seen as creepy, not all people seen as creepy are needy.

As far as needy people being less easy to exploit, I think that is very false.
Drug addicts, for example, have very pronounced needs and the needs themselves make them exploitable. When you know what somone's needs are it gives you a tool to exploit them with by granting/withholding what it is they need.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 10:42 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Well, the "$2 million" comment would make me think he was trying to buy me, and thus that he was classing me as a prostitute. That would get him put in the "complete d*ckhead" basket.

After the divorce, of course. These are very large amounts of money for a lot of people, and they'd think twice before skipping an opportunity like that.
By women, I meant a lot of women. A significant part of the female population would probably still marry for money. Hence 'by the dozen'.