How to tell if a girl is interested in you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:45 am

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this wikihow article and began to wonder, how much of this actually reflects reality:

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-when-a-Girl ... ted-in-You

It would be nice to hear from other people's experience if this "guide" is rougly to be trusted. Would be interesting to have some kind of reference what to look for when meeting with women. Not that I plan to push anything, it is really just curiorisity. Most of us with AS tend to be rather oblivious about these things, and I am not an exception. I wouldn't know how to show special interest in a woman, because I really have only two levels of caring: Either I do, or I don't. If I care about a person or what they do, I show it by being... well, interested. If I am not, most of the time I simply say so. In return, I never bothered much about trying to interpret different levels of interest that a woman might have towards me. If they ask me something about myself, or want to talk about stuff that concerns me (hobbies, college, stuff like that), I usually answer because I like talking about my stuff. If they don't, I don't.
So, when talking to """normal""" women, do they act like that?

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:31 am

I can relate to what you say. Looking back at memories, there may have been women showing an interest in me that I didn't pick up on at the time. I've gotta start paying more attention.

As for the web page, it seems to be geared toward high school students. It's presuming that you have daily interaction with a woman that you don't know quite that well. But it's not a work environment, because she's also socializing and with friends. But it's not a bar, because she may be alone sometimes. And it presumes you'll see enough of her on a regular basis to work up these advances.

Basically, it's mostly applicable in a high school environment, or possibly college.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

I would say that this guide might not be totally correct, but is at least somewhat useful.

First of all, every girl is different, and they will all show interest in different ways. Some might even fake interest for various reasons. That being said, there are a couple of things that I have learned along the way, that are usually pretty accurate:

*She find ways to touch you or get close to you, or she lets you touch her and/or get close to her.

*She acts different around you than she does other people (especially guys). This doesnt always mean she is interested in you, but it does mean that she sees you differently than others, which can be a good thing.

*Prolonged eye contact (you might catch her staring at you a lot, or she might gaze into your eyes while talking to you)

*She shows direct interest (she might ask a lot of questions about you, etc.)

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2012, 10:57 pm

SilverStar wrote:
I would say that this guide might not be totally correct, but is at least somewhat useful.

First of all, every girl is different, and they will all show interest in different ways. Some might even fake interest for various reasons. That being said, there are a couple of things that I have learned along the way, that are usually pretty accurate:

*She find ways to touch you or get close to you, or she lets you touch her and/or get close to her.

*She acts different around you than she does other people (especially guys). This doesnt always mean she is interested in you, but it does mean that she sees you differently than others, which can be a good thing.

*Prolonged eye contact (you might catch her staring at you a lot, or she might gaze into your eyes while talking to you)

how do to tolerate eye contact i can't stand it

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:29 pm

J-P wrote:
SilverStar wrote:

how do to tolerate eye contact i can't stand it

I have gotten better at it over the last few years, but I still can only handle it for so long, before I have to look away. People still ask me why I am looking at the floor, or walls though. :D

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:37 pm

Engaging in eye contact is a skill that you need to learn to develop. Don't gaze at the floor as this is a sign of submission, don't gaze or dart your eyes around quickly as that is a sign you can't be trusted and don't engage the eyes at in a fixed gaze or this may seen as aggressive.

The best thing to do is to stare at different parts of face so stare at the eyes for 3 seconds, shift to staring at the cheek for another 3, this will ease the tension if you switch around the facial area and it won't take your eye contact away from their face. You can use eye contact to indicate at something but in certain scenarios, looking all around or gazing into the opposite direction is usually a sign that you want to end the conversation.