Page 17 of 21 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 7:12 pm

GF's prefer me stoned, because I am better socially:

I dont talk about special interests
I dont become moody, I dont think about special interests
My compass moves to chattiness and higher angles of social orientation
I laugh more and become more playful

These are also common to NT's who sit down for a cuppa, a beer, or a meal together

By my experience, I can honestly say, some women want stoner boyfriends!

Strange but true

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

JCJC777 wrote:
seems to me the points the initial poster made about being an alpha male provider etc are correct in the initial female attraction phase

but girls/women also want to have fun once they're in the relationship - and that's where Aspie's (zero or very quirky sense of humour, no small talk, don't naturally attribute any value to 'hanging out', would rather be pursuing their own interests) can hit real problems

I haven't found an answer to this - any ideas very welcome- thanks

I guess "fun" is in the eye of the beholder. I think a lot of the people here on WP have a great sense of humor, as well as contributing to interesting, non-self-centered discussions. Sure, this is online and with other Aspies, but I'm just saying, the potential is there.

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
JCJC777 wrote:
seems to me the points the initial poster made about being an alpha male provider etc are correct in the initial female attraction phase

but girls/women also want to have fun once they're in the relationship - and that's where Aspie's (zero or very quirky sense of humour, no small talk, don't naturally attribute any value to 'hanging out', would rather be pursuing their own interests) can hit real problems

I guess "fun" is in the eye of the beholder. I think a lot of the people here on WP have a great sense of humor, as well as contributing to interesting, non-self-centered discussions. Sure, this is online and with other Aspies, but I'm just saying, the potential is there.

I agree. And I think that someone with a "normal" sense of humour, who insists on continuing with small talk when we are in a relationship, is not someone I am likely to have fun with. So for those first two points in brackets at least, those are positive qualities rather than negative.

As for the last point in brackets, if someone really would rather pursue their own interests than "hang out" with a partner, then they probably aren't too concerned about what a female really wants, because they would not be pursuing a relationship anyway.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

JCJC777 wrote:

Maybe we need to start a thread on appropriate and inappropriate humour and flirting.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 12:03 am

metaldanielle wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
As far as what women want, I can only speak for myself. Fidelity, feeling that they I am prefered and just someone you settled for, appreciation.
Faithfulness comfort acceptace affection snuggles and hugs and respect. :D :cheers:

Hell yeah! :wink:

I could give all of that and more... and enjoy every bit of it as well.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 12:06 am

Wolfheart wrote:
JCJC777 wrote:

Maybe we need to start a thread on appropriate and inappropriate humour and flirting.

I think that could end up being really helpful.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

If you are not myself, then you have at least one quality that females want.

AQ Test 43/50

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 12:19 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
JCJC777 wrote:

I think that could end up being really helpful.

Hmm definitely but it's something we would all have to contribute towards in some way. Some people learn through trial and error or visually so trying to explain it in theory might not work for everyone.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:00 am

^^^
I know quite a few on this site who are talented at banter, maybe you should ask them to contribute, as a practise thread?

Explain the theory and then let them practise on the thread?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:49 am

Kjas wrote:
^^^
I know quite a few on this site who are talented at banter, maybe you should ask them to contribute, as a practise thread?

Explain the theory and then let them practise on the thread?

The internet is different from real life since a person must take into account body language, gestures and the social surrounding but I do like the idea of an interactive thread.

eddyr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 4:43 am

supguysfriedchicken wrote:

And yet you behold humour. What is wrong with that? 8)

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 6:03 am

eddyr wrote:

Might be a little pedantic, but I think you've confused "behold" with the concept of possessing something. It does not mean "to hold" or like that. It is to observe, or be a spectator.

eddyr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 6:13 am

edgewaters wrote:
eddyr wrote:

Might be a little pedantic, but I think you've confused "behold" with the concept of possessing something. It does not mean "to hold" or like that. It is to observe, or be a spectator.

Yes I observe his humour as I can see it in his passage. :)

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

eddyr wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
eddyr wrote:

Yes I observe his humour as I can see it in his passage. :)

You didn't say you "behold" his humour.
You said he "beholds" humor, in response to his post that could be taken as intentionally-comedic due it's self-deprecation.

to his Interest."

eddyr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

Was meant to say "I" did not see the typo, sorry! 8O

Anyways i'm sure he sees what i meant, which actually matters :)

my bad grammar police ;)

Actually if I was speaking in 3rd person it would be okay in that he sees humour from my perspective in which he understand sit he just doesn't realise. But yeah I understand the initial notion sometimes I speak in rather complex Lang.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

eddyr wrote:
my bad grammar police ;)

Well ... it is WP after all ... its involuntary for some of us! At least I managed to (sort of) admit I was being pedantic.