Page 18 of 21 [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 5:42 pm

eddyr wrote:
Was meant to say "I" did not see the typo, sorry! 8O

Anyways i'm sure he sees what i meant, which actually matters :)

my bad grammar police ;)

Actually if I was speaking in 3rd person it would be okay in that he sees humour from my perspective in which he understand sit he just doesn't realise. But yeah I understand the initial notion sometimes I speak in rather complex Lang.

It it not possible to know everything. However I don't really get why you are claiming after the fact that you used the right word, and are trying to distort the context, around it when it clearly didn't fit. It is more credible that you simply used the wrong word. It happens. In fact that is one of the ways people learn about words, they hear them, and then try to fit into to situations that come up, based on assumed meaning.

Try to not take feedback as a slight.

eddyr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 5:49 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
eddyr wrote:
Was meant to say "I" did not see the typo, sorry! 8O

Anyways i'm sure he sees what i meant, which actually matters :)

my bad grammar police ;)

Actually if I was speaking in 3rd person it would be okay in that he sees humour from my perspective in which he understand sit he just doesn't realise. But yeah I understand the initial notion sometimes I speak in rather complex Lang.

It it not possible to know everything. However I don't really get why you are claiming after the fact that you used the right word, and are trying to distort the context, around it when it clearly didn't fit. It is more credible that you simply used the wrong word. It happens. In fact that is one of the ways people learn about words, they hear them, and then try to fit into to situations that come up, based on assumed meaning.

Try to not take feedback as a slight.

I don't know if that's a stab at me or not as we are online but what I can tell you I know what I meant and I am sure the poster I targeted it at did too. I was initially wrong as I made a typo but I had to discount people's corrections as such simply because it can be grammatically correct no matter how you oppose that. Lol. As you can see I don't like to be wrong.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

edgewaters wrote:
eddyr wrote:
my bad grammar police ;)

Well ... it is WP after all ... its involuntary for some of us! At least I managed to (sort of) admit I was being pedantic.

Me too, obviously.

I get off going through my local paper with a red ink pen.
I'm ashamed of myself. :oops:

to his Interest."

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

What can I say? For some of us, spelling 'n grammar are sssexy! :D

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 8:21 pm

What do I want? I'm a female, from what I recall. I actually just had some cookies, so I'm quite satisfied. Do I come here when I need something in particular?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 8:43 pm

Kinme wrote:
What do I want? I'm a female, from what I recall. I actually just had some cookies, so I'm quite satisfied. Do I come here when I need something in particular?

Yes - place your order and some attractive person will deliver. ;)

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

It's inexcusable from professional writers and editors! :evil:

Why not just have it proofread by Mr. White's grade 3 English class, they'd do better than most editors, I am sure.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Kinme wrote:

Yes - place your order and some attractive person will deliver. ;)

Could you pick me up some sweet and sour chicken, please? That'd be nice.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

Actually, I occasionally go through local papers with a red ink pen to mark the many poor choices made in their design. Like page-wide ads that consist of a yellow background with black text, or contact ads that specify too much about the people writing them. I've found one that led me to deduct from three lines of badly-abbreviated text that this was a woman who didn't look bad, but was so boring her ex-husband had cheated on her. The contact ad started with this rather revealing line:

"MONOGAME man gezocht." Or:
"Looking for a MONOGAMOUS man."

One of my favourites is still the one where they said "finally, after a series of black-and-white photographs, here is one in colour provided by the local history club!"
And above that was yet another photo in black and white, because the historical photo of the week section was apparently automatically printed in black and white.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
eddyr wrote:
my bad grammar police ;)

Well ... it is WP after all ... its involuntary for some of us! At least I managed to (sort of) admit I was being pedantic.

Me too, obviously.

i used to do that, and i contemplated sending it back to them after i corrected it, for several days in a row. i suspect it might be a good way to get a job

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:00 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Actually, I occasionally go through local papers with a red ink pen to mark the many poor choices made in their design. Like page-wide ads that consist of a yellow background with black text, or contact ads that specify too much about the people writing them. I've found one that led me to deduct from three lines of badly-abbreviated text that this was a woman who didn't look bad, but was so boring her ex-husband had cheated on her. The contact ad started with this rather revealing line:

"MONOGAME man gezocht." Or:
"Looking for a MONOGAMOUS man."

One of my favourites is still the one where they said "finally, after a series of black-and-white photographs, here is one in colour provided by the local history club!"
And above that was yet another photo in black and white, because the historical photo of the week section was apparently automatically printed in black and white.

I guess the copy desk doesn't mess with paid ads, but sounds like maybe you'd be suited to copy editing or layout. I did some layout for a small organizational newssheet once (not a newsletter, newspaper format), it was pretty fun. Antique stuff though, now. We had Exacto knives, a Xerox machine, a right angle ruler, little brushes and heated glue. :lol:

Editing interests me, I'm surprised to run into 3 or 4 other people who have an interest all at the same time like this.

Sorry Hyp ... I guess we are making work for you going off-topic yet again 8O

eddyr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2012, 7:50 am

BlueMax wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

What can I say? For some of us, spelling 'n grammar are sssexy! :D

8O :hmph: lol

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 9:56 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
eddyr wrote:
my bad grammar police ;)

Me too, obviously.

Well isn't someone quite the sapiosexual?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:17 am

Females want respect, love, comfort, security, and Intimacy and of course chocolate. :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Females want respect, love, comfort, security, and Intimacy and of course chocolate. :D

Does it matter what kind of chocolate or can I give her various kinda to let her taste test them? :P

Then I have done my job

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:59 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Does it matter what kind of chocolate or can I give her various kinda to let her taste test them? :P

No, just take her into a candy shop, browse the chocolate section, and let her show you what she likes by what she goes for the most. nothing needs to be said :P