Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 12:30 am

There's a couple of girls at my school that I'm semi-interested in, but there's a problem.

One of them is in my AP Physics class, and she's always in my group for labs. The problem is, I don't know how to get her alone so that I may possibly ask her to a movie or something. I don't want to ask for her number or anything where people are in earshot. Should I try to catch her after class or what?

Then the other girl, I haven't really talked to her much. I found her in the phone book, because I forgot what our English assignment was. That didn't really spark any conversation though. I took the ACT today, and I was hoping she'd be there so that I could use that as a conversation starter. I have no idea what she likes, so I have no idea what the hell I would talk about.

Any suggestions?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 2:33 am

yeaaaaaaaaah....no.

That is something I don't think I've ever had to deal with.

my advice? go with your own instincts.

ooh_choc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2006, 7:59 am

Cras ac enim eget elit rutrum fermentum. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Mauris magna. Donec rhoncus eros a eros. Integer ultricies magna a arcu. Fusce eros tellus, cursus quis, pretium eu, mollis ut, sapien. Quisque pulvinar.

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2006, 8:19 am

Cyanide wrote:
There's a couple of girls at my school that I'm semi-interested in, but there's a problem.

One of them is in my AP Physics class, and she's always in my group for labs. The problem is, I don't know how to get her alone so that I may possibly ask her to a movie or something. I don't want to ask for her number or anything where people are in earshot. Should I try to catch her after class or what?

Then the other girl, I haven't really talked to her much. I found her in the phone book, because I forgot what our English assignment was. That didn't really spark any conversation though. I took the ACT today, and I was hoping she'd be there so that I could use that as a conversation starter. I have no idea what she likes, so I have no idea what the hell I would talk about.

Any suggestions?

Just stalk them and you should have a better idea of their interests*

*note do not actualy do this

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 9:26 am

well if you find it hard to get her alone, then if she likes you give her a note asking her to meet you somewhere private so you can get her alone with you so you can ask her...

and found the other in the phone book??? what does semi interested in mean lol go with the one you want to be with... If she likes you she will meet you but if she doesn't show make sure she wasn't just too nervous to show up..

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 1:05 pm

okay now that I think about it.

number two you found via el phonebook............nada...nunca....zilch...zero. not a flipping good idea.

my advice. go afte number one, but don't stalk her, and all that jazz.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 2:40 pm

Do not stalk her & do not give her notes! If you are in HS, it will make the both of you look bad and turn you into a total creep! Being one who did so myself, the girl{s} you are pursuing will report you to administration & they will stalk you back.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 3:42 pm

Aye.

so pretty much mate, you are royally screwed.

The only way that I can possibly see this working is...........................................................well....hmm....that idea may not work ere.

My best hedged idea is that you straight up and tell her. while this may sound dumb, and if you are shy, out of your best interests, is the best thing to do. It shows that you're brave enough to talk to her................if not, then no one can't call you a coward.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 3:55 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Do not stalk her & do not give her notes! If you are in HS, it will make the both of you look bad and turn you into a total creep!

hmm think that was more to do with the stalking than the note - - - well if there like that then you know there not the one for you if there can't even be sensitive about that maybe you went after the wrong ones... but from my experience is not the same maybe coz I stuck to people that are not out of the league - and if notes don't have it use a poem if there don't like that stuff then you know there won't understand if you try and explain your ways...

Like to know what school you go to - wonder if the desks are bolted to the floor and all the books on the ceiling not really funny but hey...

would not think females hate been sexist done to them yet a shy guy hmmm stamp on them im shy and proud of it, yell it in ye head :p

"And I don't mean knock them over and stamp on them Literally"

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 8:13 pm

Gamester wrote:
okay now that I think about it.

number two you found via el phonebook............nada...nunca....zilch...zero. not a flipping good idea.

my advice. go afte number one, but don't stalk her, and all that jazz.

I didn't "find her in the phonebook", I just used the phonebook to call her for an English assignment. I sort of know her from that class, and Calculus. She was the only person in that class I could think of that a) I didn't hate and b) had an uncommon last name.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 8:43 pm

Cyanide wrote:
I sort of know her from that class, and Calculus. She was the only person in that class I could think of that a) I didn't hate and b) had an uncommon last name.

I'm wondering what you see as a foot hold of basing if you should take someone from been just friends to someone who you might want to have a relationship with coz seems very short on reasons to go into a convo with someone on that basis but probably alot you missed out on the a) I didn't hate probably end up slapping you for when she asks well ""what do you like about me?"" or "" why should I go out with you"" just something to think about reasons why your interested in her - what you like about her so on...

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 12:57 am

logitechdog wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
I sort of know her from that class, and Calculus. She was the only person in that class I could think of that a) I didn't hate and b) had an uncommon last name.

I'm wondering what you see as a foot hold of basing if you should take someone from been just friends to someone who you might want to have a relationship with coz seems very short on reasons to go into a convo with someone on that basis but probably alot you missed out on the a) I didn't hate probably end up slapping you for when she asks well ""what do you like about me?"" or "" why should I go out with you"" just something to think about reasons why your interested in her - what you like about her so on...

I know at least 2 qualities I like about her: she's intelligent and attractive. I could also mention that she was nice enough to give me the info about the English assignment. (she could've said "no" and hung up *shrug*)

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 1:19 am

Cyanide wrote:
I know at least 2 qualities I like about her: she's intelligent and attractive. I could also mention that she was nice enough to give me the info about the English assignment. (she could've said "no" and hung up *shrug*)

yep good starting point she might want you to branch out on the "intelligent" "attractive"
exp:- "what do you find attractive about me" but been short is good as gives more time into a conversation - but if your like me im not that quick on my feet with feelings & like to be prepared - above all just be yourself

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 1:34 am

logitechdog wrote:
Cyanide wrote:

yep good starting point she might want you to branch out on the "intelligent" "attractive"
exp:- "what do you find attractive about me" but been short is good as gives more time into a conversation - but if your like me im not that quick on my feet with feelings & like to be prepared - above all just be yourself

Yeah that would be a hard thing if I immediately got asked that, though I don't know if she'd be the type to do that. I'd have to be careful not to say I think her feet are pretty (i have a foot fetish) or else she'd get rather weirded out I bet lol.

I have my ways for responding to those questions on a whim though :)

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 9:43 am

Rather than jumping in with all sorts of grand plans, why not just say "Hi, how are you?" and smile, and see how she reacts. If her face lights up with happiness and she willingly starts a conversation with you, get talking. Ask lots of questions. If you are worried about this, view it as a kind of project - to find out everything about her.

Keep it quite general, though - not "So.. how many children would you like?" :D

Mention your own interests if she asks, but not in too much detail. Offer gentle compliments only if it seems appropriate and you know you won't say anything daft.

Take your time. Continue the conversation next time you meet, referring back to the previous one (e.g. if she mentions any topical plans, hopes or concerns, next time ask her how things went).

A little trust and communication at a time; just enough to let her know you're interested in her and worth knowing. Even if you don't end up in a relationship, you might gain a friend out of it.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 2:18 pm

Aye and don't flirt with her right off hand.