some aspie women get dates,other aspie women can't

Page 10 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2017, 11:36 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
It means that women don't understand their own minds, because of biology and hormones and emotional thinking. Men are more rational and know how women think better than women do.

This is sarcasm on my part, obviously, but it's also how guys like this think. It's pretty sexist and disgusting, but that's not uncommon here.

Yes, I've certainly seen it for myself. What blows my mind is that they legitimately wonder why they can't get a girlfriend when they have such horribly skewed perceptions of women!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
It means that women don't understand their own minds, because of biology and hormones and emotional thinking. Men are more rational and know how women think better than women do.

This is sarcasm on my part, obviously, but it's also how guys like this think. It's pretty sexist and disgusting, but that's not uncommon here.

Yes, I've certainly seen it for myself. What blows my mind is that they legitimately wonder why they can't get a girlfriend when they have such horribly skewed perceptions of women!

They make it harder for guys like me who already have a slippery mountain to climb.

The scary thing is that Bible Belt women for the most part actually give in to these kinds of guys and truly think they are only good for shopping for shoes and clothes, blabbering on their cellphones, listen to only "girly" music, and reading as well as watching sappy romance novels and TV dramas.

The Abdominal Snowman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2017, 1:59 pm

Quote:
They make it harder for guys like me who already have a slippery mountain to climb.

Nothing makes it harder on ALL of us than obsequious, self immolating, hypocritical, boys who think that the key to having a girlfriend is to basically lop off their own privates and hand then to some termagant.

The idea that men and women are different. Want different stuff. Have different assets they bring to the table in relationships. The idea that sex is usually a transaction of value from female to male, that females are (on average) more sexually valuable than males etc.
All this is common sense stuff. It's all 2+2=4 stuff.

Now here come some folks that want to try and say that this is wrong. That 2+2=5 or that 2+2=3.
They do this because the only way for them to have MORE power than they already do is by denying that they have any to begin with.
They may not stretch you on a rack to get you to see 5 digits when they're holding up only 4 but they ARE holding something that you want very, very badly over your head to get you to see those 5 digits.
Moreover you want to see the 5 digits they want you to see because deep, down inside you understand that if the reality they peddle were true (like the idea that women's sexuality is the equal of your own or that women don't universally prefer big hunky dudes to runts and bookworms) then your chances of getting any would be much greater.

So you have the choice of either seeing the truth and not getting any OR seeing an illusion that it's all right around the corner just waiting for you. And all you gotta do to get it is help smash the 'pay tree are key' and fight the good fight for 'e-kwa li tee' or whatever. Only it's never around the next corner. You chase a rainbow. A mirage.

They will continue to dazzle us all with specious reasoning, ad hominem, appeals to emotion, hairsplitting, anecdote, etc. to persuade you that 2+2=5 and you will continue to buy into that until or unless you wake up before it's too late.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 2:24 pm

The Abdominal Snowman wrote:
Quote:

Nothing makes it harder on ALL of us than obsequious, self immolating, hypocritical, boys who think that the key to having a girlfriend is to basically lop off their own privates and hand then to some termagant.

The idea that men and women are different. Want different stuff. Have different assets they bring to the table in relationships. The idea that sex is usually a transaction of value from female to male, that females are (on average) more sexually valuable than males etc.

Now here come some folks that want to try and say that this is wrong. That 2+2=5 or that 2+2=3.
They do this because the only way for them to have MORE power than they already do is by denying that they have any to begin with.
They may not stretch you on a rack to get you to see 5 digits when they're holding up only 4 but they ARE holding something that you want very, very badly over your head to get you to see those 5 digits.
Moreover you want to see the 5 digits they want you to see because deep, down inside you understand that if the reality they peddle were true (like the idea that women's sexuality is the equal of your own or that women don't universally prefer big hunky dudes to runts and bookworms) then your chances of getting any would be much greater.

So you have the choice of either seeing the truth and not getting any OR seeing an illusion that it's all right around the corner just waiting for you. And all you gotta do to get it is help smash the 'pay tree are key' and fight the good fight for 'e-kwa li tee' or whatever. Only it's never around the next corner. You chase a rainbow. A mirage.

They will continue to dazzle us all with specious reasoning, ad hominem, appeals to emotion, hairsplitting, anecdote, etc. to persuade you that 2+2=5 and you will continue to buy into that until or unless you wake up before it's too late.

I am comfortable being a male. I don't think masculinity is a bad thing at all. What I don't like is machismo. There is nothing wrong with being assertive but calling everything that you don't like "gay" is stupid.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:11 pm

MarissaKay wrote:

No one understands their own mind. We are all subject to more cognitive biases than we can comprehend.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:13 pm

Marknis wrote:
Quote:

I am comfortable being a male. I don't think masculinity is a bad thing at all. What I don't like is machismo. There is nothing wrong with being assertive but calling everything that you don't like "gay" is stupid.

I think there are other forms of machismo. It can be done well or it can be done badly.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
You're SETTLING for a nerd.
OR you reckon they make (or have the potential to make) a lot of money.
These are examples of strategic choices not mate preferences.
Other examples:
A man seeking out women shorter than him. It's not his preference. It's just that women taller than him generally ignore him so he knows he's wasting his time with them.
Back in 80's/90's someone only wanting to date obese people because they reckon they're less likely to have HIV.

I honestly feel sorry for you and your more narrow-minded attitude towards women. Usually, when one has such a negative opinion towards a certain group, it's because of either pain or conflict in morals. I'm guessing it's the former, and I'm so sorry because that really sucks. I have no idea what's happened to you to cause that line of thinking, but it's quite sad and I hope that it can stop hurting you someday.

Dating a nerd for me is a preference. I'm a nerd myself, and I want someone who can totally relate to that. Someone who can't (or won't) have an intellectual discussion is an instant turn off for me, no matter how physically attractive they are.

In fact, I was looking at a really cute dude today but immediately passed on him when I read on his profile that he thought learning/knowledge was "lame", and a bunch of other things about how much he liked partying and stuff (in other words, there was practically no way we would really relate to each other). I care so much more about things than just surface beauty. A REAL example of "settling" would have been me talking to him, anyhow.

Sounds like you want a science nerd not just a nerd. As nerds can be comic nerds, cartoon nerds, anime nerds, sci-fi nerds(biggest amount of nerds, even gun nerds exist. I’m a sci-fi,cartoon, gun nerd. I’m not that knowledgeable about science though I enjoy learning about it and watching shows on space. I enjoy some animes too. Only read on comic. Apparently me not being into science makes me unintelligent so I guess Id be seen more as a pet to some women 0.o and not in the way I’d like lol

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:35 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Don’t tell her why she likes nerds, she has a better idea than you.

Thank you!

Also, I just want to say: I've seen your posts throughout the forum. You are totally awesome and I agree with almost everything I've seen you write. :D

Ah
I’ll have to keep note of that in future responses and treat you as a hostile similarly.

Edit thought of better word use

Last edited by sly279 on 04 Nov 2017, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:37 pm

Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

The scary thing is that Bible Belt women for the most part actually give in to these kinds of guys and truly think they are only good for shopping for shoes and clothes, blabbering on their cellphones, listen to only "girly" music, and reading as well as watching sappy romance novels and TV dramas.

You’re doing the same thing. Your saying you know what those women think and want more then they do. Lots of women enjoy that stuff lots of women enjoy makeup too. Just like lots of men enjoy shaving Ailey for shaving sakes. I don’t have to shave for work. I just like it.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 5:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

You’re doing the same thing. Your saying you know what those women think and want more then they do. Lots of women enjoy that stuff lots of women enjoy makeup too. Just like lots of men enjoy shaving Ailey for shaving sakes. I don’t have to shave for work. I just like it.

Where did I say I don't like women who put on make up and where did I imply shaving was bad? You have a bad habit of pulling things out of thin air when it comes to my posts. I like gothic and punk girls and the fact they apply make up on their faces doesn't bother me at all. I also shave because facial hair makes me look older. A lot of the guys who terrorized me let their facial hair grow out once they graduated and I felt like vomiting upon seeing them. You shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Marknis wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

Where did I say I don't like women who put on make up and where did I imply shaving was bad? You have a bad habit of pulling things out of thin air when it comes to my posts. I like gothic and punk girls and the fact they apply make up on their faces doesn't bother me at all. I also shave because facial hair makes me look older. A lot of the guys who terrorized me let their facial hair grow out once they graduated and I felt like vomiting upon seeing them. You shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

You said women there are letting men make them think they all are only good for that stuff which implies those women simply don’t just like doing all that stuff. Maybe hey aren’t being made to think that’s all hey good for maybe they like shopping for clothes and shoes and putting on makeup.

I like goth and punk girls and nerds hair styles
Non natural hair is cute and a turn on. Nerd girls I’d get along with i dont know I’d get along with goths or punk rock girls. Definitely know I won’t get along with metal girls . Heavy metal gives me headaches.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm

sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

You said women there are letting men make them think they all are only good for that stuff which implies those women simply don’t just like doing all that stuff. Maybe hey aren’t being made to think that’s all hey good for maybe they like shopping for clothes and shoes and putting on makeup.

I like goth and punk girls and nerds hair styles
Non natural hair is cute and a turn on. Nerd girls I’d get along with i dont know I’d get along with goths or punk rock girls. Definitely know I won’t get along with metal girls . Heavy metal gives me headaches.

Where are you getting this false notion I have a problem with make up? I don't at all. My point is that some men in the Bible Belt really push for gender roles and I've seen them tell women how they should behave. They also say things like "That dumb b***h." or "She's bossy." when women aren't around.

I never said anything bad about gothic and punk girls. I'd rather be around them than preppy girls or church girls. Metal girls I would be friends with in a heartbeat.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
Ah
I’ll have to keep note of that in future responses and treat you as a hostile similarly.

Edit thought of better word use

I'm sorry you feel that way. I personally don't have anything against you, but it's your own choice to dislike me.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 10:28 pm

Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

I can't imagine being expected to be like that because of guys. I do love clothes and makeup but my video games and passion for manga are what makes me feel like I shine as a person. Those will help form long term friendships.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 10:58 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Marknis wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

I can't imagine being expected to be like that because of guys. I do love clothes and makeup but my video games and passion for manga are what makes me feel like I shine as a person. Those will help form long term friendships.

I wish more girls in my area thought like you. I can't really talk to them about video games or manga because they make it clear they either don't know about those things or even like them. The few that do are in the extreme minority and I never get to hang out with them. One I know is married and has kids while another rejected me despite our common interests. :(

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2017, 11:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
I can't really talk to them about video games or manga because they make it clear they either don't know about those things or even like them. The few that do are in the extreme minority and I never get to hang out with them.

One thing I've noticed since I've moved to the South is that some guys (not all, of course) I've come across are a little bit patronizing when it comes to me being a female gamer. They sort of treat me almost like I was a cat playing the piano, saying things like, "You play video games? That's so cute!". The thought that a girl enjoys something that's not "feminine" absolutely blows their tiny little minds!

Of course, though, that allows me to use my next strategy: Use big words they can't understand until they feel threatened and go away. Works every time. :wink: