Probably the Worst Pickup Line Ever.

Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 3:41 am

I got this lovely gem in my Inbox on a dating site about 20 minutes ago:

"I'm the stud you're looking for, except I have the std and I'm missing u".

A for effort, I guess?

I'm usually down with an ultra cheesy or punny pickup line, but wow.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 3:50 am

Slight exageration.

Edit: link because embedded videos don’t appear for me on ipad.
https://youtu.be/kTMow_7H47Q

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:01 am

:lol:

I had something kind of similar happen to be about a week ago. A guy messaged me, seemed pretty nice and we talked for a bit about stuff like video games, politics, and so on. Then, he wanted me to send him suggestive pictures. I politely told them that I wasn't into that sort of thing with anyone. I'd honestly rather he had insulted me because what happened next was super uncomfortable.

He had a total breakdown. Next thing I knew, he went into this ultra-long rant about how he was so sad because this clearly meant I didn't trust him, and that he was just sooo sad because he needed that in order to be able to feel like he could open up to me emotionally. Then, he went into this ridiculously long monologue about how he'd been hurt by so many people before and how everyone mocked him. He also said he wasn't telling me this to "change my mind". When I still (very politely) refused for logical reasons, he then dramatically ended our conversation by saying something along the lines of, "I guess there was something wrong with me. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough".

This all happened within the span of an hour, I should add.

Last edited by MarissaKay on 06 Nov 2017, 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:05 am

^^ Wow. What an absolute freak. Block.

That guy is an absolute cot case.

You handled that well. If I got that I would have mocked the guy. That is potentially the most ridiculous reaction I have ever seen.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:07 am

MarissaKay wrote:

I had something kind of similar happen to be about a week ago. A guy messaged me, seemed pretty nice and we talked for a bit. Then, he wanted me to send him suggestive pictures. When I politely said that I wasn't into that sort of thing (with ANYONE, not just him), he had a BREAKDOWN. I'd honestly rather he had insulted me because what happened next was super uncomfortable.

He went into this ultra-long rant about how he was so sad because this clearly meant I didn't trust him, and that he was just sooo sad because he needed that in order to be able to feel like he could open up to me emotionally. Then, he went into this ridiculously long monologue about how he'd been hurt by so many people before and how everyone mocked him. He also said he wasn't telling me this to "change my mind". When I still (very politely) refused for logical reasons, he then dramatically ended our conversation by saying something along the lines of, "I guess there was something wrong with me. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough".

Just... WHAT?!?!?!

Why would anyone trust someone they just met on the internet with something like suggestive pictures or nudes, that's ridiculous. Also kind of creepy they tried guilt tripping you into doing something you were uncomfortable with.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:11 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:

I had something kind of similar happen to be about a week ago. A guy messaged me, seemed pretty nice and we talked for a bit. Then, he wanted me to send him suggestive pictures. When I politely said that I wasn't into that sort of thing (with ANYONE, not just him), he had a BREAKDOWN. I'd honestly rather he had insulted me because what happened next was super uncomfortable.

He went into this ultra-long rant about how he was so sad because this clearly meant I didn't trust him, and that he was just sooo sad because he needed that in order to be able to feel like he could open up to me emotionally. Then, he went into this ridiculously long monologue about how he'd been hurt by so many people before and how everyone mocked him. He also said he wasn't telling me this to "change my mind". When I still (very politely) refused for logical reasons, he then dramatically ended our conversation by saying something along the lines of, "I guess there was something wrong with me. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough".

Just... WHAT?!?!?!

Why would anyone trust someone they just met on the internet with something like suggestive pictures or nudes, that's ridiculous. Also kind of creepy they tried guilt tripping you into doing something you were uncomfortable with.

If someone I was having a normal conversation suddenly asked for suggestive pics, I’d block them. Not because it’s offensive. Because it’s extremely creepy. The internet attracts all sorts of nut cases. Yikes.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:11 am

hale_bopp wrote:

You handled that well. If I got that I would have mocked the guy. That is potentially the most ridiculous reaction I have ever seen.

Truthfully? I was laughing my head off because I couldn't believe what was happening. However, I remained polite in our messages and tried to make him feel better to the best of my abilities. I even tried to say, "Hey, I don't want to do it because I have body issues. It's not you at all, it's me." to make him feel better, but it fueled the fire.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:15 am

MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Truthfully? I was laughing my head off because I couldn't believe what was happening. However, I remained polite in our messages and tried to make him feel better to the best of my abilities. I even tried to say, "Hey, I don't want to do it because I have body issues. It's not you at all, it's me." to make him feel better, but it fueled the fire.

People who try to manipulate people like that deserve to be mocked. What a loser. You don’t owe him an excuse. You’re way too nice. He deserves a “You’re pathetic, I’m not sending you pictures because you’re a creep. F off”.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

I know, right? He was so obviously doing it that I busted out laughing when he made the comment about "not trying to change your mind".

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:21 am

hale_bopp wrote:

People who try to manipulate people like that deserve to be mocked. What a loser. You don’t owe him an excuse. You’re way too nice. He deserves a “You’re pathetic, I’m not sending you pictures because you’re a creep. F off”.

It's not the first time someone's said that to me, and I'm certain it won't be the last. :lol:

I think I have only ever blocked one person on OkCupid. He literally tried to start a conversation with, "send nudes" to me. I almost DID tell that guy to F off, but I just settled for taking a screenshot of the message and sending it to my friends so that they could roast him for me (after I edited out his username and picture, though).

Last edited by MarissaKay on 06 Nov 2017, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:24 am

You WP girls here certainly don't compute sense of humor.

No way this guy in the OP was being serious.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:26 am

MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's not the first time someone's said that to me, and I'm certain it won't be the last. :lol:

I think I have only ever blocked one person on OkCupid. He literally tried to start a conversation with, "send nudes" to me. I almost DID tell that guy to F off, but I just settled for taking a screenshot of the message and sending it to my friends so that they could roast him for me.

At least if they straight up ask for pictures they’re honest and laying it on the line.

That other guy lured you with normal conversation, then exposed his ulterior motive, and then tried to make you feel sorry for him, which screams psycho if you ask me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:27 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You WP girls here certainly don't compute sense of humor.

No way this guy in the OP was being serious.

I think most people are talking about the second guy. The first guy is your standard messager, which is all good.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:34 am

Any any thought of trying to be silly or playful in first messages are now gone.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:34 am

hale_bopp wrote:

At least if they straight up ask for pictures they’re honest and laying it on the line.

That other guy lured you with normal conversation, then exposed his ulterior motive, and then tried to make you feel sorry for him, which screams psycho if you ask me.

I had another one that was silly, but not nearly as crazy. A dude started talking to me and he said straight off of the bat that he liked me, but was concerned about whether we would be a good match because he was a very sexual person and I'm not. We mutually agreed to talk more, laying out boundaries for what was and wasn't acceptable in conversation. I thought that was a very mature and respectful thing to do and was impressed by his thoughtfulness!

...And then he ruined it all by asking for pictures after about 2 hours of talking, then started begging after I politely said no.

Last edited by MarissaKay on 06 Nov 2017, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:37 am

MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think I have only ever blocked one person on OkCupid. He literally tried to start a conversation with, "send nudes" to me. I almost DID tell that guy to F off, but I just settled for taking a screenshot of the message and sending it to my friends so that they could roast him for me (after I edited out his username and picture, though).

I imagine women share my messages with their friends and talk about what a loser I am and how dare I think I was good enough for her.

Most The Women who message me usually ask for pictures of my privates after few days of messages or less :(