'The Undateables' - UK TV series

Page 4 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
enough of that, no trading insinuations please.

i do find it ironic that people are calling him "undateable" at face value, considering all of his experience!! ! i suppose it is something like a few female members we've had who had a lot of experience in short term relationships but no lasting connections.

What experience?

I could easily say I've had around 25 girlfriends by far just by talking to them and being very close with them. I do think it's the obliviousness that makes him think he actually had 17 girlfriends when in fact they were nothing serious. Maybe one or two were somewhat serious ... but 17 is hard to imagine.

You don't know anything about him but your prejudice is clear and you seem to be looking down on him

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

i do find it ironic that people are calling him "undateable" at face value, considering all of his experience!! ! i suppose it is something like a few female members we've had who had a lot of experience in short term relationships but no lasting connections.

What experience?

I could easily say I've had around 25 girlfriends by far just by talking to them and being very close with them. I do think it's the obliviousness that makes him think he actually had 17 girlfriends when in fact they were nothing serious. Maybe one or two were somewhat serious ... but 17 is hard to imagine.

the experience.... of having 17 girlfriends. that makes him dateable by definition. he had one that was pretty serious i think. that qualifies as experience, anyways.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:34 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

the experience.... of having 17 girlfriends. that makes him dateable by definition. he had one that was pretty serious i think. that qualifies as experience, anyways.

Note that I did put "undateable" between quotes. So I never said he was completely undateable.

So one or two, believeable. 17 with the cluelessness he was showing in the episode? Nah.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

nessa238 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

It's the tendency of people to think 'Why would someone like him have had 17 girlfriends' but I'd say 'Why on earth not?'

If he's 'clueless' what are the people calling him clueless then?? Expert daters? - tell me more about this brilliant social ability
of yours!

i KNOW!! !! he is pretty smooooooth, hence his success at launching relationships. he fails at keeping them going, but that's a whole other matter.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:36 pm

MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

Note that I did put "undateable" between quotes. So I never said he was completely undateable.

So one or two, believeable. 17 with the cluelessness he was showing in the episode? Nah.

so you think he was lying? he had a list so i doubt it. i don't think most people put fake girlfriends on a list like that. plus his mom would call him out on it.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:36 pm

nessa238 wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

You don't know anything about him but your prejudice is clear and you seem to be looking down on him

Well, good. You don't know anything about me, so don't attribute wrong motives to me and don't suggest I'm fake.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:38 pm

MCalavera wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

Well, good. You don't know anything about me, so don't attribute wrong motives to me and don't suggest I'm fake.

Don't call autistic people clueless then!

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:39 pm

Funny thing is I was sort of "high-fiving" Michael in my first post in this thread. And yet people only focus on the seemingly negative stuff I say. Whether here or in PPR or elsewhere.

F*ck this. I'm taking another break.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:41 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Funny thing is I was sort of "high-fiving" Michael in my first post in this thread. And yet people only focus on the seemingly negative stuff I say. Whether here or in PPR or elsewhere.

F*ck this. I'm taking another break.

I just thought there was a strange disconnect between an autistic person calling another one clueless, as if you didn't feel any
kind of kindred spirit with him

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 3:39 pm

I also think it extremely unlikely that he had 17 girlfriends, at least in the way most people would understand or define "girlfriend".

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

Marcia wrote:
I also think it extremely unlikely that he had 17 girlfriends, at least in the way most people would understand or define "girlfriend".

Does it really matter if he did or not?

NTs lie all the time - why is it such a big deal for autistic people to have to be totally accurate??

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Marcia wrote:

Does it really matter if he did or not?

NTs lie all the time - why is it such a big deal for autistic people to have to be totally accurate??

I don't think he was lying. I think his understanding of "girlfriend" is likely to be unusual, and given it's a dating show and he himself made a deal of the 17 previous girlfriends then as far as that goes it is relevant.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

so you think he was lying? he had a list so i doubt it. i don't think most people put fake girlfriends on a list like that. plus his mom would call him out on it.

People can have misunderstandings when it comes to relationships(ie I think we are a couple because we hang out a lot and I invited you to do some one on one stuff and you said yes but you just see us as close friends...)

Its quite likely to happen with people with asperger and Im sorry to say that I doubt anyone with 17 girlfriends rehearses dates with his mum.

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

spongy wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What experience?

People can have misunderstandings when it comes to relationships(ie I think we are a couple because we hang out a lot and I invited you to do some one on one stuff and you said yes but you just see us as close friends...)

Its quite likely to happen with people with asperger and Im sorry to say that I doubt anyone with 17 girlfriends rehearses dates with his mum.

'"
When they were discussing the 17 gf's in the program the narrator actually said "some of them only went for one or two 'dates'" ....and we don't know what his definition of 'date' is either...

SpaghettiSmuggler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2013, 4:28 pm

After that fist bump, "they don't call me Mr. popular for nothing"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:42 pm

Despite everything, I am still feeling I am 'undateable".