'The Undateables' - UK TV series

Page 5 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Despite everything, I am still feeling I am 'undateable".

Why??

You seem to have an endless supply of women to choose from!

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

SpaghettiSmuggler wrote:
After that fist bump, "they don't call me Mr. popular for nothing"

I loved that line!

It showed a lot of self-awareness and was very witty in my opinion

Android7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

I think the autistic man's idea of girlfriend maybe a little different to the real definition. From the sounds of it it doesn't sound like he had an actual RELATIONSHIP with these girls, for one thing they only lasted a few days! They may interact with him for a few dates etc but then they end it after a few days. He may think that they where actual girlfriends but I don't think that they considered him a boyfriend.
I suspect that they where all NT and therefore couldn't/wouldn't relate to an autistic individual. I was relieved when he found success with a woman who was also on the spectrum. I think that the Tourettes found success with another woman with tourettes?

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2013, 4:35 am

Android7 wrote:
I think the autistic man's idea of girlfriend maybe a little different to the real definition. From the sounds of it it doesn't sound like he had an actual RELATIONSHIP with these girls, for one thing they only lasted a few days! They may interact with him for a few dates etc but then they end it after a few days. He may think that they where actual girlfriends but I don't think that they considered him a boyfriend.
I suspect that they where all NT and therefore couldn't/wouldn't relate to an autistic individual. I was relieved when he found success with a woman who was also on the spectrum. I think that the Tourettes found success with another woman with tourettes?

I didn't think that the autistic guy's date at the end was on the spectrum? I thought they said she had a mild learning disability. As for the tourette guy's date, I don't think she had tourettes?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 7:16 am

spongy wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
enough of that, no trading insinuations please.

i do find it ironic that people are calling him "undateable" at face value, considering all of his experience!! ! i suppose it is something like a few female members we've had who had a lot of experience in short term relationships but no lasting connections.

What experience?

I could easily say I've had around 25 girlfriends by far just by talking to them and being very close with them. I do think it's the obliviousness that makes him think he actually had 17 girlfriends when in fact they were nothing serious. Maybe one or two were somewhat serious ... but 17 is hard to imagine.

the experience.... of having 17 girlfriends. that makes him dateable by definition. he had one that was pretty serious i think. that qualifies as experience, anyways.

Note that I did put "undateable" between quotes. So I never said he was completely undateable.

So one or two, believeable. 17 with the cluelessness he was showing in the episode? Nah.

so you think he was lying? he had a list so i doubt it. i don't think most people put fake girlfriends on a list like that. plus his mom would call him out on it.

People can have misunderstandings when it comes to relationships(ie I think we are a couple because we hang out a lot and I invited you to do some one on one stuff and you said yes but you just see us as close friends...)

Its quite likely to happen with people with asperger and Im sorry to say that I doubt anyone with 17 girlfriends rehearses dates with his mum.

i guess so, but i had a boyfriend for 4 or 5 days and i still called him my boyfriend. it depends on the situation and whether the other person agrees, and i don't think we can know that for this guy.

i do think his mother is so deeply entrenched in his life that she would set his thinking straight, or at least explain to him which ones would count as girlfriends in a case like that. in fact, she probably met every single one of them. :lol: been there... done that...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:10 am

nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why??

lol endless supply, this is the result of an endless effort, not the endless supply.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why??

lol endless supply, this is the result of an endless effort, not the endless supply.

Do you tell them you have Aspergers?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:59 am

periphery wrote:
Android7 wrote:

I didn't think that the autistic guy's date at the end was on the spectrum? I thought they said she had a mild learning disability. As for the tourette guy's date, I don't think she had tourettes?

That's correct - Michael's 2nd date had a learning disability and she seemed to be very empathetic ie she was able to be more tolerant of Michael's autism than a lot of people would be - this is exactly what he needs.

The Tourettes person's date did not have Tourettes as well - she did nothing to indicate she might have Tourettes to me.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:01 am

Android7 wrote:

1. What made you think Michael's 2nd date was on the autistic spectrum?

2. What made you think the lad with Tourettes's date had Tourettes as well?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:02 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sorry. No. Not buying it. Please try again.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:13 am

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sorry. No. Not buying it. Please try again.

i think there are few women in his area that fit his criteria for dating. i'd agree that is not the same as undateable.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

Indeed.

On S02E01 of The Undateables: I'm currently working my way through the first disc of a 3-DVD set called The Anthology of Polish Children's Animation. When I finish the first disc, I'll watch that episode of The Undateables (amongst other things) and I might come back to this thread when I've finished.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

Just watching it now.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 3:59 pm

The autistic lad reminds me of a Dalek, the way he speaks.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

Kirsty has nice cleavage.

Mike's 'dancing' is hilarious.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 4:27 pm

Sarah is quite attractive. Nice smile.