How do I say it without saying it?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 8:07 am

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
I'm almost certainly not 'hot' enough and as a person who objectifies women with terms such as 'hot'

I don't think evolution would be your favorite topic in school. Also, protip: You're objectifying people by calling them "intelligent". Reality is hilarious, isn't it?

What are you on about??

Your point about evolution makes no sense at all - explain it

How on earth can you be objectifying a person by calling them intelligent??

Your version of reality is hilarious, agreed!

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:27 am

nessa238 wrote:
Your point about evolution makes no sense at all - explain it.

It's simple. In natural terms, hot = health = excellent mating parter, that's the way evolution has wired up men. It's how evolution has wired up much of women as well (nothing wrong with a healthy provider, right?).

Quote:

By making them into an intellectual object, instead of a sexual one. One is just seen as better as it tends to carry less risk of rape, but it's ultimately the same affair.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:38 am

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Your point about evolution makes no sense at all - explain it.

It's simple. In natural terms, hot = health = excellent mating parter, that's the way evolution has wired up men. It's how evolution has wired up much of women as well (nothing wrong with a healthy provider, right?).

Quote:

By making them into an intellectual object, instead of a sexual one. One is just seen as better as it tends to carry less risk of rape, but it's ultimately the same affair.

I disagree because 'hot' is a very objective term and what constitutes hotness these days can often be brought about via unnatural means ie plastic surgery, which would be no indication of genetic health and probably indication of mental instability or weakness of character

The whole point of appreciating a person for their intellect is the very fact you appreciate them for who they are as a person ie for their mind as opposed to their outward appearance. That is not objectifying as you are treating the person as a person, not just a hot body. If you value a person for their mind/personality it won't matter what they look like and age will make no difference but if you value someone for how hot they are you will presumably be trading them in for a younger/hotter model when they get old and aren't hot any more, because according to you, hotness is everything right?

This demonstrates the clear difference in the value systems being used.

And as for this line:-

"One is just seen as better as it tends to carry less risk of rape, but it's ultimately the same affair." I don't understand the point you are making at all here.

Do you mean an intellectually-focused person is less likely to rape or be raped?

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:13 am

nessa238 wrote:
because according to you, hotness is everything right?

Look, I'm not even gonna bother talking to you if you're gonna pull that kinda crap out of your behind the whole time. I'm not in the mood to defend myself from points I never made.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:13 am

nessa238 wrote:
I disagree because 'hot' is a very objective term and what constitutes hotness these days can often be brought about via unnatural means ie plastic surgery, which would be no indication of genetic health and probably indication of mental instability or weakness of character

The whole point of appreciating a person for their intellect is the very fact you appreciate them for who they are as a person ie for their mind as opposed to their outward appearance. That is not objectifying as you are treating the person as a person, not just a hot body. If you value a person for their mind/personality it won't matter what they look like and age will make no difference but if you value someone for how hot they are you will presumably be trading them in for a younger/hotter model when they get old and aren't hot any more, because according to you, hotness is everything right?

Maybe you could start a thread for guys asking "What besides looks turns you on?"

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:15 am

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Look, I'm not even gonna bother talking to you if you're gonna pull that kinda crap out of your behind the whole time. I'm not in the mood to defend myself from points I never made.

Well if you don't want to defend the points you make that's up to you

"In natural terms, hot = health = excellent mating parter, that's the way evolution has wired up men."

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:19 am

ripped wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Maybe you could start a thread for guys asking "What besides looks turns you on?"

Some men are obsessed with hotness (but then deny it when presented with the realities of this mindset, which is quite amusing)
and others are interested in a person's mind as much as or sometimes more than their body, which is a healthier mix in my opinion

An obsession with hotness is just plain boring and I have no desire to enter into debate with such people - they are welcome to as many hot woman as they can cram into their bedrooms!

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:21 am

nessa238 wrote:

"In natural terms, hot = health = excellent mating parter, that's the way evolution has wired up men."

Men liking (and perhaps prioritizing) looks is not the same thing as men only caring about looks, and that's precisely why this exchange is now over cause you need this explained to you to begin with.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:22 am

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Men liking (and perhaps prioritizing) looks is not the same thing as men only caring about looks, and that's precisely why this exchange is now over cause you need this explained to you to begin with.

Make your mind up!

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:22 am

nessa238 wrote:
Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

You point out a vulnerability. And yes, I certainly do like looks.
But women certainly do like status.
So if I complained about a female graduate engineer who wouldn't date me because I was not also a graduate, then that would be the same complaint, just based on status.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:23 am

ripped wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

So if I complained about a female graduate engineer who wouldn't date me because I was not also a graduate, then that would be the same complaint, just based on status.

A single woman - not all women

Presumably a hot woman too - oh dear these hot women are impossibly picky aren't they? :lol:

Status doesn't impress me either and a lot of other women are the same

hasn't it dawned on you that status and hotness are commodities - you have to bring what you have to offer to the table just as
women are expected to!

Last edited by nessa238 on 15 Feb 2013, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:24 am

nessa238 wrote:
ripped wrote:

Some men are obsessed with hotness (but then deny it when presented with the realities of this mindset, which is quite amusing)
and others are interested in a person's mind as much as or sometimes more than their body, which is a healthier mix in my opinion

An obsession with hotness is just plain boring and I have no desire to enter into debate with such people - they are welcome to as many hot woman as they can cram into their bedrooms!

And this is a difference between men and women generally.

Last edited by ripped on 15 Feb 2013, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:32 am

nessa238 wrote:
ripped wrote:

Presumably a hot woman too - oh dear these hot women are impossibly picky aren't they? :lol:

Yes and this is the point.
I am not 'impressed' by looks. It isn't an intellectual decision.
Its a feeling of falling toward them when they are in the same room.
Its being lost for words because the sensitivity of their features is its own captivating story.
You want to give yourself to them, and its not all based on looks.
It is by looking that we find the qualities we value.

And the of course there is the good old fashioned great shag.

Last edited by ripped on 15 Feb 2013, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:37 am

ripped wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
ripped wrote:

Yes and this is the point.
I am not 'impressed' by looks. It isn't an intellectual decision.
Its a feeling of falling toward them when they are in the same room.
Its being lost for words because the sensitivity of their features is its own captivating story.
Its dreaming about their life story for all the questions you haven't asked.
Is wondering how their hopes and dreams fit in with yours.
You want to give yourself to them, and its not all based on looks.
It is by looking that we find what we want to see.

Huh?

Sounds like looks are the main influence to me

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:44 am

nessa238 wrote:
Huh?

No, the beauty of a woman is reveled by her countenance.
Or rather, it is a mystery even to me precisely wherein a woman's beauty lies,
although it is visible to my eyes, it is more than the product of her proportions.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 4:58 am

ripped wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Huh?

No, the beauty of a woman is reveled by her countenance.
Or rather, it is a mystery even to me precisely wherein a woman's beauty lies,
although it is visible to my eyes, it is more than the product of her proportions.

Ok

I've got to go out now anyway