Page 5 of 20 [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i don't think Brad Pitt is goodlooking. i could not pick someone with his features out of a lineup as an example of someone who is goodlooking. the idea that it is universal or objective is utter bollocks. many women might find him attractive, but that doesn't mean that all women do.

I agree :D

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:47 pm

Shau wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Well, then, I guess I should learn to love being the monkey wrench in everyone's plan, or the exception to every rule... :evil: :roll:

Let me help you.

"Attractive people are, from a statistically significant standpoint, paid more than their less attractive counterparts. As this is a statistical thing, it does allow for exceptions, but such instances will be less common."

Sweetleaf wrote:
If god did exist, why the hell would that be a reason for him to bless humanity?

I swear, sometimes you lot make me feel like I'm not actually an Aspie, not that I'd consider that a bad thing.

And remember that a gender divide also exists. This shows what features correlate with salary for each sex

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret- ... 89606.html

It has a great infographic on jobs and attractiveness

Words to live by: attractive people have more self esteem, and higher self esteem is related to a higher salary.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:55 pm

deltafunction wrote:
Words to live by: attractive people have more self esteem, and higher self esteem is related to a higher salary.

...unless they're Aspies. Then all related bets are off. :wink:

~Steve Jobs

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

SINsister wrote:
deltafunction wrote:

...unless they're Aspies. Then all related bets are off. :wink:

:lol:

Yeah, I don't know, it's all just greek then because we are talking about majorities and norms here.

Aspies would be the ones that would be excluded from these statistics because their data would be so far from the norm that it would be rejected as an error :P Anyways I'll stop being a nerd now

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 10:38 am

deltafunction wrote:
Yeah, I don't know, it's all just greek then because we are talking about majorities and norms here.

Aspies would be the ones that would be excluded from these statistics because their data would be so far from the norm that it would be rejected as an error :P Anyways I'll stop being a nerd now

But skewing data is fun! :D :lol:

...and please don't! 8)

~Steve Jobs

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:30 am

hyperlexian wrote:
but i am neither one of those groups (the admirers of Wolfheart or hale_bopp, or the members themselves), so what happens with them doesn't matter. like, it literally has no effect on my life. they can go and do their thing and form a hot club+admirers, and it would not matter in the slightest.

they might have a slightly easier life, but how does it benefit me to care about it? if i do focus on their shenanigans, i think it would actually have a detrimental effect on my chances, because i'd be staring after their flirty pack and getting jealous and bitter instead of noticing all of the other wonderful single people around me who aren't the popular ones and hangers-on.

Like I said before, being perceived as attractive can come with difficulties but you would only have to ask Hale_Bopp for her opinion on that because she has stated in the past she gets unwanted attention and admirers so that's one thing. Of course it's more important for a woman to look attractive, looks can help men but there's also the case of financial security, income, social status and other factors that determine attraction.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:37 am

I am an attractive male but it doesn't get me anything except comments. People are more weirded out by my femininity. Being male might have something to do with it, or maybe autism awkwardness trumps good looks. If I go to a gay bar, lots of men want to take me home for a quick shag because they see me as a novelty, but that is NOT the kind of attention I want, and it makes me feel unloved. Good looks haven't helped me in daily life so far. I got good grades and my job because I worked my ass off.

Maybe it works if you are an NT with "media-defined" good looks. /shrug

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

kouzoku wrote:
I am an attractive male but it doesn't get me anything except comments. People are more weirded out by my femininity. Being male might have something to do with it, or maybe autism awkwardness trumps good looks. If I go to a gay bar, lots of men want to take me home for a quick shag because they see me as a novelty, but that is NOT the kind of attention I want, and it makes me feel unloved. Good looks haven't helped me in daily life so far. I got good grades and my job because I worked my ass off.

Maybe it works if you are an NT with "media-defined" good looks. /shrug

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Is that you in your display image? I have nothing against guys who like to appear feminine, just curious.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

No, I am paranoid about putting my pic online but I tried to choose something similar to me. I look similar to him, but I don't color my hair red.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm

kouzoku wrote:
No, I am paranoid about putting my pic online but I tried to choose something similar to me. I look similar to him, but I don't color my hair red.

That's pretty cool, interesting choice of style. You shouldn't be paranoid about it really, I have never had any worries putting my photo online but everyone is different.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2013, 12:51 am

i actually once heard a guy say he views men with goodlooking faces but crappy social skills as a joke becuz its like being a ugly woman with a great career, it gets you nowhere as far as sexual attention goes.

and any woman who complains about unwanted attention is a joke. i get unwanted groping and catcalls all teh time, but becuz im an ugly girl the men around me here expect me to be grateful or just shut up and stop complaining while tehy coddle the pretty girls who boohooo about being sent too many flowers:D:D and GOD FORBID some1 touch a pretty girl, when i get groped its a joke and funny but when they do every1 here freaks out and drama all over.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2013, 12:53 am

so, basically, if ur an ugly girl and get groped/raped/whatever s** men throw at you, learn to laugh it off cuz noone cares.

if ur a pretty/average girl, boohooo and whinge and the guys will take care of it for ya.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 1:01 am

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 1:03 am

bluerose wrote:
so, basically, if ur an ugly girl and get groped/raped/whatever s** men throw at you, learn to laugh it off cuz noone cares.

if ur a pretty/average girl, boohooo and whinge and the guys will take care of it for ya.

and thats another word from our sponsor Im not misogynist Im just stating the facts

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 1:05 am

bluerose wrote:
i actually once heard a guy say he views men with goodlooking faces but crappy social skills as a joke becuz its like being a ugly woman with a great career, it gets you nowhere as far as sexual attention goes.

Cruel thing to say, but there is some truth to it.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2013, 1:20 am

its what happened to me.

funny how it is that pretty girls can make all the dicush they want about how much it sucks to be so admired and every1 nods along like oooh yeahh creepy guys suck blah blah blah.

be an ugly girl and point out how men treat you different and all of a sudden ur sexist etc etc. its just another form of bullying. keeping some1 down cuz the majority want to live in their little bubble and dont wanna hear it.

did i say i hate men? nope. did i say what has HAPPENED TO ME. yeah. but noone understands the difference, now do they. only when a pretty girl starts whining and thats when guys show up to bash themselves for the women, yeh were such pain in the ass sending you flowers, can we lick ur feet instead :D:D:D:D

y is it not hateful of men for pretty girls to whine about attention but is hateful for ugly girls to whine about the attention we get?