Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 8:28 am

"every saucepan has a lid"

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 8:31 am

"Just be yourself", "Don't stress it", "It happens when you least expect it" etc. Say that to the 40 year old virgins out there. Here's one that actually works: "If you do what you've done, you get what you've always gotten!"

Every time I've been in a relationship or gotten laid, it didn't happen when I least expected it; it always happened with girls who were very clear about their intentions and who made the first move. In most cases where we're talking about one-night stands, I've had to make mysef more outgoing than I really am, pretend that I have an active social life and all that; I didn't do it by "just being myself".

If a girl invites you to her apartment on the first or second date at the evening, you can bet your ass you're going to get laid, so don't f*ck anything up. If you've gotten this far by pretending to be the life of the party, a drink mixer with rich parents or a womanizer who knows the most popular night club owners, keep up the charade for a little while longer--it's working.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 8:47 am

“Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.”

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 9:07 am

"women only go for bad boys"
"men only care about appearance"
"it is easier to be a woman"
"it is easier to be a man"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

"A real man treats his woman like a princess, and f**k her like a whore".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 9:30 am

"A woman never forgets the men she could have had; a man, the women he couldn't "

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Feb 2013, 12:36 pm

"love conquers all" (sounds like a nice idea, but it doesn't always work that way)

Also, not really a quote exactly, but the ideal of "unconditional love"... which often gets used as a way to convince someone to tolerate abuse.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

"A real man will take a women as she is, or watches her walk away and into the arms of someone who will." or something like that.
My personal favourite because it's a huge double standard by the majority of people that use this line "If you can't deal with me at my worst, you certainly don't deserve me at my best."

Tennyson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm

Its not you, its me.
translation.. they think your fu(kin crazy and want to get out of dodge.(yea.. thats a fun one to hear)

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

go f**k a donkey!

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

It's what on the inside that counts....total nonsense :roll:

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

"Relationships are hard work"

No, they shouldn't be. Any type of relationship you have, be it partner, friends, parents, housemates... is going to have the odd tough time. But it shouldn't be hard work all of the time. And it certainly shouldn't be one person doing all the work while the other does nothing.

I stayed in my only real relationship a lot longer than I should have done because I believed in this myth, rather than being able to look at it and realise it just wasn't working out.

"You've made your bed and now you lie in it" (usually referring to a marriage, means you have to live with the choice you made)

Says who? Of course you should take the relationship seriously and not just leave at the first difficulty* but if it really isn't going to work out and you've both tried your best but it has come to an end, than split up and both go and be happy. You only get one shot at life but there is more than one way to be happy, with a different partner or by yourself.

*Of course this doesn't apply in cases of abuse etc, you should try to leave at the first instance.

"I can't help how I feel" (usually used to excuse cheating on your own partner or sleeping with someone else's)

You certainly can't help how you feel or who you are attracted to but you can control what you do about it and either end the relationship you're in before starting an affair, or waiting for your crush to be single again before going with them.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm

Ichinin wrote:
"There is someone out there for everyone."
aspiesandra27 wrote:
“Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.”

aspiesandra27 wrote:
Its not you, its me....

The actual translation to that is "It's not me, it's you".

Quote:
"women only go for bad boys"

No, not 'only', but mostly, and most women are bad girls anyway ;)

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2013, 5:56 pm

"Opposites attract"

I would probably feel like throttling my polar opposite if I had sustainable interaction with her, and most likely vice versa. Having certain opposite traits is good as a way to sustain and build value for a relationship, but I have found attraction is more often directed toward similarities rather than toward differences.