Mad in love with a girl, need serious help.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

IcarusToDust
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

This is going to be a long story.

I was in an Asperger unit in for three years in middle school and one year of high school. I have a buddy who is literally the closest thing i'll ever have to a brother. We have fought for each other, we have studied together, we've defended other aspies and auties from bullies, and to put it lightly, we'd go against the universe.

But that's not what this is about, now is it? Three years ago, i was protecting my buddy (i did this always, basically laying down cover fire for us to escape back to the room) when he started to introduce me to the most beautiful girl i've ever seen. I was in awe, we said hi to each other and i stayed the heck away from her for quite a while. (3 years) I really didn't want to creep her out. But when my bro talked to her, as i was being his guardian angel, i'd keep tabs on her. Days past, months went by, years came and went. I am in a new high school now. Ive left my fellow aspies behind. I still see my buddy occasionally and we'll do stuff together.

But this year, i have been absolutely god smacked. This school I am in is a entirely different county, and she goes to /my school./

I made friends with her in the beginning of the year, but some moron thought it would be HILARIOUS to tell her I was stalking her and I wanted to do horrible stuff to her. ( The moron got what was coming to them after this. ) It took awhile, but i fixed the friendship. It took a lot of damage control, but i know she knows it was a big lie. I've been friends with her for a while, she does sometimes give my the "What in the hell are you doing bro?!" look. I want her, badly. She recently was with a womanizing piece of crap who used her for his own gains. She broke down and I comforted her as to the best of my ability. I recently told her I was autistic, she said it was pretty cool and its been fine. She is in a relationship with someone else right now and I want to know what to do after it ends.

:oops:

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Well, generally a good idea is waiting until her current relationship ends (Assuming it does). Until then, just keep contact through text, and try not to lose contact ;p

As for afterwords; I'd say maybe about two weeks after that one ends, maybe say you MIGHT be in love with her and don't know what to do? Going full on with the 'OMGILOVEYOUSOMUCH' route at the onset probably isn't the best idea. It's probably similar to that one guy you've never met screaming 'OHAIDERIMBOBWATSURNAME?' in your ear in a very disruptive fashion.

Author/Writer

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 3:34 pm

Ok. My advice to you would be to find another girl to faun over. She's dating someone else (and seems to think of you as just a friend) so rather than wasting your time with her, focus your attention elsewhere (in my experience that's the only way to move past an infatuation.)

Since I'm guessing you probably aren't going to listen to that advice I have some questions for context:
What's your definition of friendship?
How well do you know her?
Have you hungout outside of school?
Do you know her friends?
Do you have anything in common?
What makes you think the two of you would be a good match?

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

Dude, you're not going to want to hear this but there's a lot of things going against this working out. Right now you're in the friendzone. At your age, that is likely to lead nowhere as everyone is running on hormones.

Secondly, she seems to have some issues herself...poorly choosing boyfriends. She's going to continue to do that for a while until she either figures her s**t out or she doesn't. That's not something YOU can change.

My advice: remain friends with her, but ask her to help you get a date with one of her gfs or other girls.