Women are not attracted to me because I'm not 'masculine'?

Page 13 of 17 [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

Greb wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
that's correct, I'm 47

your point being?

I'm sorry. I'm confused. I think that you just said you were 32.

No, the FWB is 32 I am 47

but a young looking 47 :wink:

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Greb wrote:

Nope - she's a cougar who snagged a man 15 years younger for some hot, steamy snugglebunnies.

Giggity. :thumright:

Pity the only gals who've shown interest in me lately either live impossibly far away... or live right here but are.... unappealing. :oops:

s'okay. until my heart truly heals, I've decided it's best for me to remain a monk.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:23 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Greb wrote:

Nope - she's a cougar who snagged a man 15 years younger for some hot, steamy snugglebunnies.

Giggity. :thumright:

Pity the only gals who've shown interest in me lately either live impossibly far away... or live right here but are.... unappealing. :oops:

s'okay. until my heart truly heals, I've decided it's best for me to remain a monk.

Lol

believe me there's been a high emotional price to pay for it all!

I'm weak-willed though :roll:

who is going to turn down nice cuddly sex with a person you really fancy at 47 though??

He's God's consolation for all the s**t I have to put up with in my life!

I've earned him!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:33 pm

i was never masculine. i was always generic and here is a picture of my non masculine being when i was your age. i never had a designer stubble, and i never followed any protocols that any other person my age followed. girls liked me but they could not see what i was looking at, and i ignored them because i was very much interested in what i wanted to see.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

darktemplar05 wrote:
and there are cute girls in our league that arent obese/fat or ugly nor ostentatious and gamorous, it's just that those girls are few and far between. the world seems to be on opposite spectrums, where there are either Kim Kardashians or Mo'Niques and not enough Michelle Obamas, but i am still hunting myself dude so dont give up! 8)

if a man is obese, wouldn't obese women also be the same "league"? some aspie men who are overweight and obese stated that they don't want to date women who have the same BMI as themselves, even though those women would be technically in their "league". it doesn't really make sense.

but further along those lines... i have noticed that many aspie men and women on this board see overweight and obese people as lower quality, whereas in the real world it's not such an issue to be bigger. it will DEFINITELY lead to fewer dating opportunities if even overweight people are excluded. although overweight and obese people might not be as popular with as many people as their thinner counterparts, you don't see them rejected outright so much in real life like you see on this board. it explains a great deal of why some people's dating pools are so very small to begin with.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 7:58 am

hyperlexian wrote:
but further along those lines... i have noticed that many aspie men and women on this board see overweight and obese people as lower quality, whereas in the real world it's not such an issue to be bigger. it will DEFINITELY lead to fewer dating opportunities if even overweight people are excluded. although overweight and obese people might not be as popular with as many people as their thinner counterparts, you don't see them rejected outright so much in real life like you see on this board. it explains a great deal of why some people's dating pools are so very small to begin with.

The thing is I am neither obese nor Over weight. I am still getting taller. I love to exercise, trim my red beard, wear a sport coat and a fedora and look generally handsome. I may have over-complained a bit. I have been hit on by almost every college woman that does by hair because of my blue eyes and eyelashes. I am not picky, just waiting till I am man enough, and wealthy enough to support a girlfriend. I don't know why I am the bad guy if I want to wait till I become the man I will so women know what I am like.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 10:58 am

appletheclown wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

The thing is I am neither obese nor Over weight. I am still getting taller. I love to exercise, trim my red beard, wear a sport coat and a fedora and look generally handsome. I may have over-complained a bit. I have been hit on by almost every college woman that does by hair because of my blue eyes and eyelashes. I am not picky, just waiting till I am man enough, and wealthy enough to support a girlfriend. I don't know why I am the bad guy if I want to wait till I become the man I will so women know what I am like.

i don't think you need to "support" a girlfriend in this day and age. 8O surely she can support herself.

i was not suggesting you are overweight or obese, only that your advice didn't take those aspies into account.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 12:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i don't think you need to "support" a girlfriend in this day and age. 8O surely she can support herself.

i was not suggesting you are overweight or obese, only that your advice didn't take those aspies into account.

If I don't have enough to take her out to eat, go with her to the movies, and just generally treat her like she means something to me, I can't really say I could make it work. And supporting her, I don't understand the problem with that, I never said chain her up and keep her from going out side. What I meant by support her is to buy her groceries, make sure she isn't out of milk. Women take this as men making them feel unneeded when we are just showing that we care. Next time a girl knocks on my door and asks for sugar, I might have second thoughts! :x
And I'm not discounting them at all, there are almost as many if not more obese men as there are obese ladies! Sorry if I appeared to disclude them, but most obese women I see are nowhere near the appropriate age for me to date or are already in a relationship. Most women I see my age are close to same category of weight that I belong to, it is not my fault. :oops:

If I was 40 and overweight too, I'd be ready to date an overweight woman in a heartbeat, but I'm not, sorry. :oops:

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2013, 1:49 pm

OP,are you sure you interpreted those three girls responses correctly? I think it is quite rude to say to someone you aren't masculine enough and there is nothing you can do about it.A few years ago I had long blonde hair was very slender with a baby face but now I have a shaved head and am muscular i.e. more masculine looking but the results are still the same.I don't go after women and ask them out,that's why I am single. Perhaps you are going after women who have no interest in you.It doesn't take a lot of perception to surmise that a woman may be interested in you if she is smiling at you from a distance or if she initiated a conversation.To randomly approach a woman who hasn't given you any sign of interest is a recipe for disaster.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

appletheclown wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

If I don't have enough to take her out to eat, go with her to the movies, and just generally treat her like she means something to me, I can't really say I could make it work. And supporting her, I don't understand the problem with that, I never said chain her up and keep her from going out side. What I meant by support her is to buy her groceries, make sure she isn't out of milk. Women take this as men making them feel unneeded when we are just showing that we care. Next time a girl knocks on my door and asks for sugar, I might have second thoughts! :x

that isn't necessary though. women buy their own groceries these days, and don't need someone to get it for them. perhaps you can take turns buying the milk. "showing that you care" can take many forms (including giving gifts if your like), but it's best to foster independence in your partner (and to be independent yourself).

in my entire lifetime, nobody has ever knocked on my door to borrow a cup of sugar or other groceries. it doesn't really happen, what with grocery stores being open many hours.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
that isn't necessary though. women buy their own groceries these days, and don't need someone to get it for them. perhaps you can take turns buying the milk. "showing that you care" can take many forms (including giving gifts if your like), but it's best to foster independence in your partner (and to be independent yourself).

in my entire lifetime, nobody has ever knocked on my door to borrow a cup of sugar or other groceries. it doesn't really happen, what with grocery stores being open many hours.

How ungrateful! I've been struggling my whole life to be independent, without a girlfriend! The minute I say I am willing to share what little I have, to show I have that capability even, an actual female moderator tells me that women can do it themselves because they are not helpless?!? How much of a jack*** do you want us to be? The boyfriend/girlfriend thing means the woman helps the man and the man helps the woman. It doesn't mean the man who loves it when his girlfriend cooks, or does anything for him for that matter, gets his head cut off for doing what the heck he is supposed to! I am a family guy, not a "partner" guy or what ever the heck your even talking about! In my mind, my future wife is more important than myself, and I would die protecting her, if you don't like that, then you're not the one for me. Psshh, doesn't like it when her boyfriend buys her milk and sugar, what a load of crud.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

So I'm opressing my lady by buying her milk so she can cook dinner? Hahaha, NO. All those in the generation before me, my cousin, my friends from college, NONE of them have agrued "I can get it myself!" Not one single human I've met. Only brothers and sisters do that crap, not spouses, partners, girlfriends nor boyfriends. Yet as I recall in all of them they WANTED it to happen. Huh...... you ever hear a daughter is always a daughter, but a son is a son till he takes a wife? It is because, to the rest of the world, you women and children are more important! I would never, ya know why, cause her dad would make me eat lead, 4 you, not me!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 6:12 pm

appletheclown wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

How ungrateful! I've been struggling my whole life to be independent, without a girlfriend! The minute I say I am willing to share what little I have, to show I have that capability even, an actual female moderator tells me that women can do it themselves because they are not helpless?!? How much of a jack*** do you want us to be? The boyfriend/girlfriend thing means the woman helps the man and the man helps the woman. It doesn't mean the man who loves it when his girlfriend cooks, or does anything for him for that matter, gets his head cut off for doing what the heck he is supposed to! I am a family guy, not a "partner" guy or what ever the heck your even talking about! In my mind, my future wife is more important than myself, and I would die protecting her, if you don't like that, then you're not the one for me. Psshh, doesn't like it when her boyfriend buys her milk and sugar, what a load of crud.

no, a man is not "supposed" to do anything at all - men and women are not given roles that they have to follow. in the western world, about half of all of the people in the workforce are men, and half are women.

i agree that men and women should help each other, but that does NOT mean that anyone must be financially caring for anyone else unless that is the arrangement that an individual couple agrees upon. for some periods, when i was married, my husband stayed at home and cared for my daughter when she was little, and i worked full-time. it worked for us. other couples do it differently - sometimes the mother stays at home, sometimes neither parent stays at home.

i don't think most people end up in a situation where anyone has to die protecting them, i saved a man who could have died if i had not stopped someone from trying to kill him.

appletheclown wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

So I'm opressing my lady by buying her milk so she can cook dinner? Hahaha, NO. All those in the generation before me, my cousin, my friends from college, NONE of them have agrued "I can get it myself!" Not one single human I've met. Only brothers and sisters do that crap, not spouses, partners, girlfriends nor boyfriends. Yet as I recall in all of them they WANTED it to happen. Huh...... you ever hear a daughter is always a daughter, but a son is a son till he takes a wife? It is because, to the rest of the world, you women and children are more important! I would never, ya know why, cause her dad would make me eat lead, 4 you, not me!

i don't think i used the word "oppression" but i would use the word "old-fashioned". it just isn't necessary anymore to pay for women to stay at home to cook in the kitchen.

women are not more important than men, we are equal.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
no, a man is not "supposed" to do anything at all - men and women are not given roles that they have to follow. in the western world, about half of all of the people in the workforce are men, and half are women.

i agree that men and women should help each other, but that does NOT mean that anyone must be financially caring for anyone else unless that is the arrangement that an individual couple agrees upon. for some periods, when i was married, my husband stayed at home and cared for my daughter when she was little, and i worked full-time. it worked for us. other couples do it differently - sometimes the mother stays at home, sometimes neither parent stays at home.

i don't think most people end up in a situation where anyone has to die protecting them, i saved a man who could have died if i had not stopped someone from trying to kill him.

The willingness to do so is what I mean. Since men and women are not given roles, I will ask you this: Do men give birth? So women never ask to be comforted? So women never ask for us to listen? So women don't want us to be there when our children are born? So women don't think we should have to do the nice things we do, when we don't even do it because we think we have to? So women don't want someone to protect them? So women don't want a man to make them feel safe at night? So women don't appreciate a Gentleman, Chivalry, or unconditional love?

Yes it will be equality and full of compromise. What it won't be is either of us not giving EACHOTHER help when we need it. Me and my spouse will stay together way longer and love each other way more if we depend on each other, not if we try to create an unneeded rift to help each other grow. I could say anything, but just because you have experience and I don't doesn't make me believe a woman's role will ever be the same as a man's. That is why we care so much. Male, Female, they are different. Men don't give birth! You are probably a great gal yourself, but I am not being a Gentleman to make it seem like I think women can't do things themselves, I do it because there are men with the opposite opinion who don't care about women. All you are doing is misinterpreting my rants and it is getting annoying. If my lady wants me to be lazy, then I will listen, sheesh!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:21 am

appletheclown wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

The willingness to do so is what I mean. Since men and women are not given roles, I will ask you this: Do men give birth? So women never ask to be comforted? So women never ask for us to listen? So women don't want us to be there when our children are born? So women don't think we should have to do the nice things we do, when we don't even do it because we think we have to? So women don't want someone to protect them? So women don't want a man to make them feel safe at night? So women don't appreciate a Gentleman, Chivalry, or unconditional love?

Yes it will be equality and full of compromise. What it won't be is either of us not giving EACHOTHER help when we need it. Me and my spouse will stay together way longer and love each other way more if we depend on each other, not if we try to create an unneeded rift to help each other grow. I could say anything, but just because you have experience and I don't doesn't make me believe a woman's role will ever be the same as a man's. That is why we care so much. Male, Female, they are different. Men don't give birth! You are probably a great gal yourself, but I am not being a Gentleman to make it seem like I think women can't do things themselves, I do it because there are men with the opposite opinion who don't care about women. All you are doing is misinterpreting my rants and it is getting annoying. If my lady wants me to be lazy, then I will listen, sheesh!

just because a woman gives birth doesn't mean that she has to have someone buy her groceries and take care of her indefinitely. giving birth is one small biological act, but life can have many other acts and roles in it. the small physical differences between men and women don't mean a whole lot in day to day life. childbirth doesn't happen for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week after all. you don't have to believe anything at all, because people are off doing these roles whether you believe in them or not. i have to admit i am rather shocked that you have never noticed that women are out doing jobs and contributing in the real world.

many men and women have similar roles in a household (differentiation is not actually required), or reversed roles, or whatever works for them. you can choose a more traditional way to do things, but that doesn't make it the "right" way or the way that things should be for other people. that's the beauty of the modern world - people can choose to do what works for them within their own relationship.

you don't have to be lazy (not sure where you got that idea, as i did not say that at all). but your future wife could work too, if she wanted to. or you could take turns working and caring for the household, if you wanted to make an agreement like that. many people work because they want to, not because they have to. it gives them a feeling of fulfilment and a sense of accomplishment. but your future wife will probably make her feelings clear about that.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:22 am

hyperlexian wrote:
women are not more important than men, we are equal.

Equality? Bullpucky! So next time a woman slaps me you want me to treat her as an equal and deck her?