A new horizon and a new girl on the scene

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

I am thinking about starting over with a new girl in Australia, she's a health care student and I am am a qualified City & Guilds Mastery tradesmen. I think we could have a very happy together as we both qualify under the Skilled operatives list, it could be a fresh start and I could focus on things like getting a beautiful home near the beach, building a good lifestyle and relationship.

She has said she finds me adorable and she has told me a few times that she loves me, it is still early days but this could be the type of girl I am looking for.

I'm thinking of moving to the Gold coast and taking positive steps into becoming a good businessman and a good boyfriend. It's a good first step in the right direction and I think it is a positive one, I really want to treat this girl right, protect her, satisfy her and love her.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

Gee... ANOTHER one? After destroying the last one for not being up to your "standards" and a hotter one walked in the room?

Lemme' guess - this one is even better. And more money, too... for that fancy house on the beach.

Shallow. :eew:

You don't become a better person by destroying all others before the NEW one - as if to eliminate the evidence.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

I can understand the sentiments that BlueMax has for you... but my thoughts are wellwishes. If you do feel that way, all the best to you and good luck. However, I have to ask if this person is possibly a person trying to scam you if she telling you that she loves you this early?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

do you love her? what do you love about her?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:03 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Gee... ANOTHER one? After destroying the last one for not being up to your "standards" and a hotter one walked in the room?

Lemme' guess - this one is even better. And more money, too... for that fancy house on the beach.

You don't become a better person by destroying all others before the NEW one - as if to eliminate the evidence.

I can't undo the past but I can focus on becoming a better guy and have positive wishes or goals for the future.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:10 pm

Okay... so what are you going to do with your CURRENT girlfriend? (You know, the one you've been with for all of two weeks tops?)

Last edited by BlueMax on 10 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:17 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
I can't undo the past but I can focus on becoming a better guy and have positive wishes or goals for the future.

Saying "oh well, it's in the past" isn't going to help you unless you're truly willing to aknowledge and learn from your mistakes. I could be wrong but I've yet to see you express genuine remorse about the stuff you've done. You've merely deflected your behavior with crap about positive wishes and goals.........

I know where you're coming from because I used to rely on the exact same defense mechanism. Still do on occasion but I usually relent fairly quickly now.

Last edited by Geekonychus on 10 Apr 2013, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

Have you met her in person yet?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

nessa238 wrote:

Kind of this. I know I'm not the best to say this advice but don't go too ahead on a ldr until you meet the person for real. No Skype is not meeting someone.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:12 am

BlueMax wrote:

I just received a text from the other one and she's extremely angry, saying that she hates me more than I will ever know and that she will destroy this for me. I understand she is coming from a place of hurt but I tried to patch things up with her, I need to approach this with a level of sensitivity.

aspiemike wrote:
However, I have to ask if this person is possibly a person trying to scam you if she telling you that she loves you this early?

People always get lead on and I think I would be aware if she was holding something back from me. I don't invest my emotions or put my faith in people, my faith is in myself and God and I am aware people can be vulnerable at times. She's a great girl and love is about taking risks, anyone can be lead on in any situation and she seems willing emotionally and sexually so this is a sign that her attraction is on genuine.

hyperlexian wrote:
do you love her? what do you love about her?

She's a great girl, fun, bubbly, kind and very affectionate, she likes huskies.

MXH wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Kind of this. I know I'm not the best to say this advice but don't go too ahead on a ldr until you meet the person for real. No Skype is not meeting someone.

I met her on a dating site but she lives about an hour away from me unlike the other girl I was seeing, I have been very busy with starting my business, the gym and my nan passing away but I do have free time so I will see her soon.

She is a student so she needs to stay in the area she is studying in, most girls I have seen have been older than me and didn't have any problem travelling an hour to meet me.

She seems very keen to have sex with me but I think it's more than that, she is very keen to have a relationship. I will just see how it goes and have a positive mindset about the future, I have a few grand so I figure I can get set up in Australia with my business.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:26 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Saying "oh well, it's in the past" isn't going to help you unless you're truly willing to aknowledge and learn from your mistakes. I could be wrong but I've yet to see you express genuine remorse about the stuff you've done. You've merely deflected your behavior with crap about positive wishes and goals.........

I know where you're coming from because I used to rely on the exact same defense mechanism. Still do on occasion but I usually relent fairly quickly now.

I have accepted and learned from my mistakes to go to be a better person, learn from trial and error but my positive goals are my own, I have had them for years. I won't simply stop working out or let my finances slide into a state of collapse with no ambition for the future, I am not going to sit in a monastery to reflect on it. It is in the past now and what has happened has happened, I can only go forward because there is no going backwards.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 2:12 am

Just took a fan photo for her.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 2:50 am

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2013, 3:04 am

At least you say you learned from the past. I hope things go well with this girl and go much deeper than physical attraction and you are able to make a good connection.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:25 am

I thought she was living in Australia

So she's in the UK like you?

How old is she?

so you haven't met in person yet but she wants sex with you badly
and you're basing long-term life life plans on this person?

Who brought up the idea of going to live and work in Australia?

Please keep communicating about what's happening on WP as
I've got a bad feeling about this girl!

You've been discussing money with her without even meeting - very bad sign

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:53 am

Dude I should warn you, this country has a reputation for turning qualified workers away at immigration for having a disability (if they catch any whiff that the foreign person could be a potential future burden on taxpayers...).

Even if things don't work out with the girl (99.9% chance there) stay for the work. Sunshine Coast is where the work will be though, not the Goldy. Just whatever you do don't live near me.