freshman aspie and senior aspie in highschool.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Vincent287
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2013, 3:15 am

Ok so today at lunch I met a girl who likes to write poetry just like I do. I told her that I am autistic and she shook my hand and said that she was autistic too. It has been my dream for an aspie girl to be with me. There is just one problem. She is a senior and I am a freshman (Im talking about high school). Let me give you an age difference. she is 18 and I am 15. My school is very small with only 450-500 students so this is such a miracle that this is happening. What do I do?

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2013, 3:20 am

Ask for her contact info (ie - Facebook, phone)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

PresidentPorpoise
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2013, 4:07 am

Vincent287 wrote:
Ok so today at lunch I met a girl who likes to write poetry just like I do. I told her that I am autistic and she shook my hand and said that she was autistic too. It has been my dream for an aspie girl to be with me. There is just one problem. She is a senior and I am a freshman (Im talking about high school). Let me give you an age difference. she is 18 and I am 15. My school is very small with only 450-500 students so this is such a miracle that this is happening. What do I do?

Hmm, well, a three-year age difference at your age is fairly significant. You might be a bit young for her (and depending on the kind of relationship that you're thinking about, I'm not entirely clear on what the laws are concerning consent with an 18 year old and 15 year old). But first, you've literally just met this girl. So how about focusing on becoming friends with her for now? It seems like you have more in common than just an ASD (for example you said you both like writing poetry). And if you being friends with her doesn't work out, I highly doubt that a relationship would have worked out.

Also, it's entirely your choice as to who you date, but limiting yourself to only dating aspie girls could lead to you missing out on other girls, who, despite not having an ASD, could be compatible with you, and you with her.

Whatever happens, I would advise you not to get hung up on this girl. In my own experience, speaking as a suspected aspie, that's never a good idea.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 5:28 am

Well, don't get your hopes too down. Hell, some people say getting a girlfriend who lives halfway across the country is a bad idea - it's been working with me so far, best decision ever :3

As for actually entering a relationship, with Aspie/Aspie contact through text or email is probably the best solution. Just don't wait too long to tell her your feelings, nor spring them too early (I'd say approximately a month and a half)

Author/Writer

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 7:45 am

I honestly don't think the age difference is that big.

Peraps its because I'm from the liberal Netherlands

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 2:19 pm

A guy could get arrested if the ages were reversed, but a girl isn't likely to be arrested for this sort of thing.

I say go for it.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

1000Knives wrote:
A guy could get arrested if the ages were reversed, but a girl isn't likely to be arrested for this sort of thing.

I say go for it.

You'll be considered the most BA 15 year old ever, but still take it slow, but keep going.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 9:32 am

Once you turn 16, you should be fine. :)
(Don't take that too seriously. But you might want to check the legislation concerning sexual contact.)