Men, Math and Marriage--arguments against marriage

Page 6 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 9:27 pm

BlueMax wrote:
I'd bet big money that more feminists have overstated tiny offences by their husbands were "abuse", than men have actually RAPED their wives!

Possibly lose that bet since in many places marital rape is legal and some areas state it's abuse to deny your partner sex. I know many gals in such states that refuse to marry since they would be coerced into having sex and if their husbands raped them it would be cased as not only unfounded since it's sex with a current partner but self-defense as he's fighting against potential/present abuse.

BlueMax wrote:
I'm not denying there have been some... but have you ever sat in a conference room filled with 500-1000 women all claiming, "Oh, I didn't want to (but I never told him) so when we did it anyway I didn't really participate. Now I can bust the abuser for rape!" I highly doubt anywhere near that many beat their wives and rape them!

No you're not denying you're simply downplaying and making it seem as if your issue is oh so more bigger despite how statistics show way more than 500-1000 guys beat and rape their wives. I've never sat in such a conference room as you. I have sat in many rooms filled with guys hundreds to thousands the smallest being 800 and largest being 5000 guys all denying they were rapists because it only happened once, it was only with sl*ts, etc.

BlueMax wrote:
Too much noise over not enough crime, and punishing everyone for the acts of very few.

Bit telling how often guys will downplay crimes against gals going with the notion that guys have it oh so worse. Such as with rape claiming rape is some rare freak occurrence but false rape accusations are rampant and some guys have to fear 24/7. It seems the notion is bad acts against gals by guys is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against guys by gals is prevalent. :?:

BlueMax wrote:
There's a very good ch desance this could backfire drastically as the balance becomes more and more uneven - and a similar revolt may come that sets us back hundreds of years.

Slight agreement I think a male revolt will occur due to butthurt guys and innate desire to dominate and control gals as it seems quite a lot of guys desire to treat gals as cattle to do with as they please.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:34 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
I'd bet big money that more feminists have overstated tiny offences by their husbands were "abuse", than men have actually RAPED their wives!

Possibly lose that bet since in many places marital rape is legal and some areas state it's abuse to deny your partner sex. I know many gals in such states that refuse to marry since they would be coerced into having sex and if their husbands raped them it would be cased as not only unfounded since it's sex with a current partner but self-defense as he's fighting against potential/present abuse.

BlueMax wrote:
I'm not denying there have been some... but have you ever sat in a conference room filled with 500-1000 women all claiming, "Oh, I didn't want to (but I never told him) so when we did it anyway I didn't really participate. Now I can bust the abuser for rape!" I highly doubt anywhere near that many beat their wives and rape them!

No you're not denying you're simply downplaying and making it seem as if your issue is oh so more bigger despite how statistics show way more than 500-1000 guys beat and rape their wives. I've never sat in such a conference room as you. I have sat in many rooms filled with guys hundreds to thousands the smallest being 800 and largest being 5000 guys all denying they were rapists because it only happened once, it was only with sl*ts, etc.

BlueMax wrote:
Too much noise over not enough crime, and punishing everyone for the acts of very few.

Bit telling how often guys will downplay crimes against gals going with the notion that guys have it oh so worse. Such as with rape claiming rape is some rare freak occurrence but false rape accusations are rampant and some guys have to fear 24/7. It seems the notion is bad acts against gals by guys is a very few, minority, miniscule minority, etc but bad acts against guys by gals is prevalent. :?:

BlueMax wrote:
There's a very good ch desance this could backfire drastically as the balance becomes more and more uneven - and a similar revolt may come that sets us back hundreds of years.

Slight agreement I think a male revolt will occur due to butthurt guys and innate desire to dominate and control gals as it seems quite a lot of guys desire to treat gals as cattle to do with as they please.

Exactly why I said what I did. I treat the women in my life like queens, your full of it. I hate it when women and children get hurt, how dare you say such horses**t. You're probably a really nice person, but come on, what the hell!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:36 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
As for how annoying feminism has made marriage..yeah it must be so annoying that marital rape is illegal in most areas. :roll:

There's a very good chance this could backfire drastically as the balance becomes more and more uneven - and a similar revolt may come that sets us back hundreds of years.

Both sides really should work on fairness and equality... and that's the problem with both those camps - they're at war fighting for goodies only for their side at the expense of the other.

Not only that, there is also sexism inherent in the system and very much a part of feminism which causes sexual abuse in men to be completely missed or ignored. By pretending it's only a women's issue and men are always to blame, some feminists (not going to say all; I like many feminists and agree with them) are actually being sexist.

I personally suffered from the result of the system being sexist against men for decades. And guess who the perpetrator was on one of the occasions? A woman. A woman sticking things into a child and forcing the child to stick wires into animals and cut up cats in terrible ways while they are tied up. Yeah, sounds like men are the only ones who ever commit sexual violence, and women are always the victims. :roll:

The whole world now pertains to you, I am truly sorry for being a dick to you....

What?

I thought you were the child, so I felt guilty for yelling at you, sorry...

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 9:38 pm

appletheclown wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Exactly why I said what I did. I treat the women in my life like queens, your full of it. I hate it when women and children get hurt, how dare you say such horses**t. You're probably a really nice person, but come on, what the hell!

That's not exactly why you said what you did as that post and topic didn't enter until just now. You said what you did because I didn't explicit say men instead I said feminists are changing rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment. Unsure why you got so butthurt as the discussion was what feminists are changing and feminists can be guys or gals.

I'm not full of it as I wasn't talking about you in fact I wasn't even talking to you. You may hate it when gals get hurt however there is no denying that many guys do not hate it and in fact approve or encourage it. It seems you're doing quite a bit of projecting onto my words. 8O

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:44 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

That's not exactly why you said what you did as that post and topic didn't enter until just now. You said what you did because I didn't explicit say men instead I said feminists are changing rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment. Unsure why you got so butthurt as the discussion was what feminists are changing and feminists can be guys or gals.

I'm not full of it as I wasn't talking about you in fact I wasn't even talking to you. You may hate it when gals get hurt however there is no denying that many guys do not hate it and in fact approve or encourage it. It seems you're doing quite a bit of projecting onto my words. 8O

Are you SURE you're not a misandrist? I'm just asking. I mean, this seems to be a pretty bold claim to make.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 9:51 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Are you SURE you're not a misandrist? I'm just asking. I mean, this seems to be a pretty bold claim to make.

I'm sure I'm not a misandrist. In fact I even stated it was a misandric opinion of another user to think that guys are naturally rapists, domestic abusers, or sexual harassers.

How is it misandry or a bold claim to state that many guys approve and encourage gals getting hurt? There are many guys that do and many guys that don't. It's not a bold claim to make on either side. A bold claim would be applying it to the majority such as "most guys" or applying it to guys as a whole such as "in guys in general".

Perhaps you have not encountered such guys if so a quick perusal on google will show many guys who approve and encourage gals getting hurt.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 10:42 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

I'm sure I'm not a misandrist. In fact I even stated it was a misandric opinion of another user to think that guys are naturally rapists, domestic abusers, or sexual harassers.

How is it misandry or a bold claim to state that many guys approve and encourage gals getting hurt? There are many guys that do and many guys that don't. It's not a bold claim to make on either side. A bold claim would be applying it to the majority such as "most guys" or applying it to guys as a whole such as "in guys in general".

Perhaps you have not encountered such guys if so a quick perusal on google will show many guys who approve and encourage gals getting hurt.

Okay, I am not getting into a debate, but I want to point out one thing: As someone who is intersex and dresses like a girl quite often (but I'm not a girl, let's make that clear now), I have spent equal amounts of time in "women only" and "men only" spaces. I have heard the exact same amount of abuse coming from both sides.

The most frequent place I heard sexist comments was at my workplace of two years. This was a corporate accounting office with 98% female employees and there were easily 150+ employees in my department ALONE. Everyone thought I was a woman because I never revealed that I'm intersex. Why should I at work? It's no one's business... though a few people caught on. Anyway, every single day, I heard so much trash coming from everyone's mouths against men. Not over legitimate concerns, but nitpicking, saying all men are stupid, commenting on famous mens' bodies, and even insulting their own husbands.

Anytime a younger female employee got a new boyfriend, the rest of the women would verbally pick him apart and say why he's not man enough or whatever, unless he was VERY handsome, in which everyone would faun over his photo and say "he's a keeper," "marry him and make him take care of you," etc. All of these comments, positive or negative, over a man that they had never even spoken to. That is the SAME thing that women claim men do. Objectification.

One day, I made the mistake of putting my partner's photo on my desk. Several female co-workers thought they were doing me a favor by giving me their opinions on him BEFORE I HAD EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. This included some racist comments, which they probably thought were normal... I took his photo down because I didn't need the added stress. There was also a general attitude that women didn't need men, that all men are bad, that men will have sex with anything that moves, and all the other stereotypes. I heard it every day and it nauseated me. I'm not a man, but I know plenty of good ones and I thought of them every time I heard a nasty remark aimed at all men.

To be honest, I was extremely uncomfortable working there.

To deny that women are equally as sexist as men is completely absurd. To say that all men deserve the misandry thrown at them is also absurd. Neither sex deserves it. I understand the plight of both sexes, but I think a lot of generalization is taking place. There are also many of good men and women who treat each other with courtesy and respect. Personally, I would never be friends with men or women who are sexist.

I have been physically, mentally, sexually abused and tortured in the past, but I don't think most men or women are like my abusers. To make such a claim would be horribly unfair to the general population and not right.

I do have a unique viewpoint since I am intersex. I don't relate wholly to either sex. I'm kind of outside looking in, so to speak. Most groups do not allow a gender role/space for someone like me and I am usually rejected from traditional female/male socialization once anyone finds out I'm intersex. So, I do a lot of observation.

If anything, the good men and women here on WP should give both side pause before they insult the opposite sex.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 10:53 pm

kouzoku wrote:
Okay, I am not getting into a debate, but I want to point out one thing: As someone who is intersex and dresses like a girl quite often (but I'm not a girl, let's make that clear now), I have spent equal amounts of time in "women only" and "men only" spaces. I have heard the exact same amount of abuse coming from both sides.

The most frequent place I heard sexist comments was at my workplace of two years. This was a corporate accounting office with 98% female employees and there were easily 150+ employees in my department ALONE. Everyone thought I was a woman because I never revealed that I'm intersex. Why should I at work? It's no one's business... though a few people caught on. Anyway, every single day, I heard so much trash coming from everyone's mouths against men. Not over legitimate concerns, but nitpicking, saying all men are stupid, commenting on famous mens' bodies, and even insulting their own husbands.

Anytime a younger female employee got a new boyfriend, the rest of the women would verbally pick him apart and say why he's not man enough or whatever, unless he was VERY handsome, in which everyone would faun over his photo and say "he's a keeper," "marry him and make him take care of you," etc. All of these comments, positive or negative, over a man that they had never even spoken to. That is the SAME thing that women claim men do. Objectification.

One day, I made the mistake of putting my partner's photo on my desk. Several female co-workers thought they were doing me a favor by giving me their opinions on him BEFORE I HAD EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. This included some racist comments, which they probably thought were normal... I took his photo down because I didn't need the added stress. There was also a general attitude that women didn't need men, that all men are bad, that men will have sex with anything that moves, and all the other stereotypes. I heard it every day and it nauseated me. I'm not a man, but I know plenty of good ones and I thought of them every time I heard a nasty remark aimed at all men.

To be honest, I was extremely uncomfortable working there.

To deny that women are equally as sexist as men is completely absurd. To say that all men deserve the misandry thrown at them is also absurd. Neither sex deserves it. I understand the plight of both sexes, but I think a lot of generalization is taking place. There are also many of good men and women who treat each other with courtesy and respect. Personally, I would never be friends with men or women who are sexist.

I have been physically, mentally, sexually abused and tortured in the past, but I don't think most men or women are like my abusers. To make such a claim would be horribly unfair to the general population and not right.

I do have a unique viewpoint since I am intersex. I don't relate wholly to either sex. I'm kind of outside looking in, so to speak. Most groups do not allow a gender role/space for someone like me and I am usually rejected from traditional female/male socialization once anyone finds out I'm intersex. So, I do a lot of observation.

If anything, the good men and women here on WP should give both side pause before they insult the opposite sex.

I'm unsure how your post is even applicable to mine as nowhere do I state, suggest, or imply that the abuse is not equal on both sides, deny that gals are equally as sexist as guys, say all men deserve the misandry thrown at them, or insulting the opposite sex.

It's quite interesting to me that I get quoted with these responses instead of the posters that are insulting the opposite sex don't get quoted such as the one with the misandric opinion of guys naturally being rapists, domestic abusers, and sexual harassers. :?:

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:00 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:

She's just shouting the slogan everyone in the club HAS to shout, repeating the same phrases they all must. This isn't about intelligent debate or rational discussion - it's about standing firm on the doctrine and never, ever, EVER budging an inch.

(And don't forget to mock all intelligent argument to ruin the credibility of the speaker, thus invalidating any good points!)

In the first world the women have well and truly taken over - once you exclude the elite class where gender makes no difference, pay is equal-or-better for women in the same jobs, they don't get drafted, they do less jail time for the same crimes and practically OWN family courts and will usually give their sisters far more than their "fair share". Worse is also excusing any wrongdoings as "butthurt men whining they have to do the housework for a change"...

In the forward march to rightfully claim their equality from some genuinely greedy brutes a few generations ago, they forgot to stop at the border and have continued the charge to take even more because any man still holding something is an evil rapist b*$tard who must be overcome and his goods taken "for the cause". For crying out loud, some of the zealots even name infant baby boys as rapists for having hurt her vagina! (No, I'm NOT kidding!)

I'm asking you all to take a good look at where you stand and what you stand for... do you really think women in the first world are being subjugated??? If you want to attack people here at home, attack REAL rapists, not all men because they may become one ("look to the left, then look to the right - one of those men will rape you this semester!") George Orwell and Einstein both predicted how ugly this will become if you lose focus on what's "humane" and actually beneficial for all. Take the fight to the hard places, the nations where the men will still rape anyone not covering their head then stone them afterwards.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 11:11 pm

BlueMax wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:

She's just shouting the slogan everyone in the club HAS to shout, repeating the same phrases they all must. This isn't about intelligent debate or rational discussion - it's about standing firm on the doctrine and never, ever, EVER budging an inch.
WTCupcake? What slogan have I repeating and of what supposed club? This isn't an intelligent or rational debate to me because others are making posts that aren't applicable to me such as appletheclown getting upset I don't explicitly say men are helping stop rape instead saying feminists are changing rape in a discussion about what feminists are changing. Or DialForAwesome questioning I'm a misandrist because I said many guys approve/encourage hurting gals which is not misandry that's a fact no different than many guys don't approve/encourage this.

(And don't forget to mock all intelligent argument to ruin the credibility of the speaker, thus invalidating any good points!)
I haven't mocked anyone or their argument or attempt to ruin their credibility if anything I've been the one mocked, insulted, and had credibility tried to be ruined such as others claiming misandry or you saying I'm just shouting a slogan.

In the first world the women have well and truly taken over - pay is equal-or-better for women in the same jobs, they don't get drafted, they do less jail time for the same crimes and practically OWN family courts and will give their sisters far more than their "fair share". Worse is also excusing any wrongdoings as "butthurt men whining they have to do the housework for a change"...
No gals have not well and truly taken over as there are still gender stereotypes and double standards negative to gals as well as crime against gals. Pay is equal for gals in some jobs there are still jobs were gals get paid less for the same hours of work, neither gender gets drafted as it was disbanded, and both gals and guys do less jail time for certain crimes. Perhaps read the study on Gender, Race, and Class Disparity on Sentencing as it shows this isn't a gender thing exclusive to gals.

In the forward march to rightfully claim their equality from greedy brutes, they forgot to stop at the border and have continued the charge to take even more because any man still holding something is an evil rapist b*$tard who must be overcome and his goods taken "for the cause". For crying out loud, some of the zealots even name infant baby boys as rapists for having hurt her vagina! (No, I'm NOT kidding!)

I'm asking you all to take a good look at where you stand and what you stand for... do you really think women in the first world are being subjugated??? If you want to attack people here at home, attack REAL rapists, not all men because they may become one ("look to the left, then look to the right - one of those men will rape you this semester!") George Orwell and Einstein both predicted how ugly this will become if you lose focus on what's "humane" and actually beneficial for all. Take the fight to the hard places, the nations where the men will still rape anyone not covering their head then stone them afterwards.
I'm being to think some such as yourself are people are projecting an image onto me because of their own issues.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:23 pm

AnonymousGIrl, my beef is more with militant feminists in general (not so much about you, even if you repeat some of the same battle cries as the rest.)

But I've said too much already... There's a very high probability the message will simply be ignored by the ones who need to hear it. [shrug]

Popular tactic in internet debate... never budge and inch and continue repeating until your opponent gives up and leaves - then claim it as a debate "victory".

Like I said, my particular beef was not really about you, personally.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 11:32 pm

BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl, my beef is more with militant feminists in general (not so much about you, even if you repeat some of the same battle cries as the rest.)

But I've said too much already... There's a very high probability the message will simply be ignored by the ones who need to hear it. [shrug]

Popular tactic in internet debate... never budge and inch and continue repeating until your opponent gives up and leaves - then claim it as a debate "victory".

Like I said, my particular beef was not really about you, personally.

Okay though care to state what are these same battle cries I repeat? As nothing I've stated with the exclusion of the cause of the revolt you brought up is about battling or making anything a gender issue if anything the one doing the battle crying seems to be you.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:44 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Okay though care to state what are these same battle cries I repeat? As nothing I've stated with the exclusion of the cause of the revolt you brought up is about battling or making anything a gender issue if anything the one doing the battle crying seems to be you.

Not content to let it go, eh? Rather keep fightin' eh?

I guess I'm just "butthurt".

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 6:28 am

kouzoku wrote:
The most frequent place I heard sexist comments was at my workplace of two years. This was a corporate accounting office with 98% female employees and there were easily 150+ employees in my department ALONE. Everyone thought I was a woman because I never revealed that I'm intersex. Why should I at work? It's no one's business... though a few people caught on. Anyway, every single day, I heard so much trash coming from everyone's mouths against men. Not over legitimate concerns, but nitpicking, saying all men are stupid, commenting on famous mens' bodies, and even insulting their own husbands.....

I had the same experience--being the only male in a workplace, and listening to non-stop male bashing. Then, they brought on a male temporary employee, who I thought was a complete jerk, but with whom all of the ladies would flirt constantly. Whereas they treated me as if I had cooties. The experience really put me off of my countrywomen, once and for all.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

09 May 2013, 6:34 am

BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:

Not content to let it go, eh? Rather keep fightin' eh?

I guess I'm just "butthurt".

What is there to let go and fight in I asking what are these slogan and same battlecries you accused me of used? Seems more like an evasion tactic that shames others from questioning you leaving you to be always right never budging an inch. Quite amusing how your words about militant feminists suit you.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:38 am

There does seem to be quite a lot of anger, hostility, resentment and bitterness, on the part of a large section of our female population, towards men in general.

Which wouldn't tend to make for a happy marriage with one of them.

Some women seem to be especially attracted to men who are violent and abusive. To which I say: go ahead and take your lumps. You deserve them. If that is what you want, then you're not getting any sympathy from me.

Nothing has been presented to counter Mr. Elam's thesis that marriage is a disaster and that men should stay well away from the institution all together. You can assert that "it is all men's fault!" all that you want. It simply adds to Mr. Elam's credibility.