Men, Math and Marriage--arguments against marriage

Page 5 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 2:12 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Anomiel wrote:
BTW you guys: Did you know that the autistic brain, which is different in so many other ways, also is different in that our brains are like the midpoint between NT-males and NT-females brains? That goes for all genders of autistics.
So you all can just f**k off.

Quote:
Beacher FD, Minati L, Baron-Cohen S, Lombardo MV, Lai MC, et al. (2011) Autism attenuates sex differences in brain structure: a combined voxel-based morphometry and diffusion tensor imaging study. AJNR. Jan 33(1): 83.9 doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A2880.

That's very interesting. My brain is like split between being more male than NT male brains in some ways and being feminine in others. It's like autistic extremes, basically.

Definitely, from a social processing/affective point of view, I am hyper male. I have quite low affective empathy. But, in terms of cognitive empathy, I am quite feminine.

Same here, neither and both at the same time. Which just goes to show that the concepts of femininity and masculinity are just social constructs. Even in NT-males and NT-females there's not that much difference.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 6:53 pm

Anomiel wrote:
If you don't understand that gender is a social construct,

In our species, it is primarily a chromosomal construct. For crocodiles, the gender depends upon the temperatures experienced during embryonic development.

Anomiel wrote:
and you think the things feminism wants to "undo" - like rape, violence,

I'm not in favour of rape and violence.

Anomiel wrote:
being incapable of housework,

Why do women like to harp so much on housework?

Anomiel wrote:
thinking they deserve bigger salaries for having penises

Do I detect a hint of Freudian penis envy?

Anomiel wrote:
- comes from evolution and are something natural to men then YOU must really hate men a lot.

Some men are okay.

Anomiel wrote:
It's a made up social construct.

My possession of a penis is a "social construct?"

Anomiel wrote:
Are you any of those things?

I'm lousy at housework.

Anomiel wrote:
Are you a rapist?!?

No.

Anomiel wrote:
Why not, if you think evolution made all men that you have some explaining to do if you're not.

I'm old. But, even when I was young, and my pecker could do its thing, I was a weakling. Plus, I don't like to harm anyone. Moreover, I don't want to be imprisoned, where I might be subject to rape myself.

Anomiel wrote:
Are you abusive?

I try not to be.

Anomiel wrote:
If it were evolution, you should probably be locked up already, and all others that are like you.

I attribute the presence of my penis and of my male hormones to evolution. I've confessed to being lousy at housework. Locking up men for being lousy at housework strikes me as being a rather extreme solution.

Anomiel wrote:
Here's someone that could teach you a thing or two:

“Calling gender violence a ‘women’s issue’ is part of the problem.”

Perhaps it should just be called "violence", then.

Anomiel wrote:
Jackson Katz, an anti-sexist activist.....

He strikes me as being sexist. Lots of women are very, very nasty, but they get a free pass. Men aren't "men" if they can't put up with women who are nasty.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 7:22 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
I think that Feminism isn't so much about "gals should stay away from guys" as "gals should go to work and undo millions of years of evolution that make men what they are", and that gals should have legal, moral, and other advantages over men.

Your thought process seems to be quite misandrist as feminists have worked to undo rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment so if those things make men what they are...yeah that's quite an opinion of guys. I'm not seeing feminists pushing legal, moral, and other advantages over guys. I am seeing feminists working on gaining equality for gals in areas they lack and reworking the patriarchal pitfalls for guys. Perhaps it seems like advantages over guys because guys still lack equality in areas and are prey to patriarchal pitfalls..in which case I say instead of blaming feminism work on it yourself dudes.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 7:34 pm

Well, the gals could just try staying away from the guys.

But, you seem to have made my point: Feminism is about changing men, and What's-his-name was advocating than men just stay away from women.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

08 May 2013, 7:41 pm

I say that both the MRA's and some of the most extreme feminists are disordered and bitter.

Why does it seem like the most extreme feminists and the MRA's are always so ugly? Normal people who aren't ugly may agree with feminism or men's rights, but going so far as to blame every problem on the other gender is typically a sign of being ugly.

Yep, I've thrown out my share of insults for the day. Now, I am going to disappear and let the food fight begin.

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 7:42 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

Which is what I initially stated then for some unknown reason to me you brought up feminism. Quite unsure how feminism from:
"Egh it seems more to support that gals should stay well away from guys." in reference to an unfortunate child custody case for a gal

ArrantPariah wrote:
But, you seem to have made my point: Feminism is about changing men, and What's-his-name was advocating than men just stay away from women.

Ah so you do have the misandric opinion that men are in general rapists, domestic abusers, and sexual harassers as my point was rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment are the things feminism is changing.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 8:18 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
Ah so you do have the misandric opinion that men are in general rapists, domestic abusers, and sexual harassers as my point was rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment are the things feminism is changing.

If misandry constitutes a form a sexism, and to the extent that sexism contravenes site rules, maintaining such an opinion would be unlawful.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 8:34 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Which is what I initially stated then for some unknown reason to me you brought up feminism. Quite unsure how feminism from:
"Egh it seems more to support that gals should stay well away from guys." in reference to an unfortunate child custody case for a gal

ArrantPariah wrote:

Is everyone here a dumb ass, or do you realize men do just as much work shooting rapists, beating pedophiles, and ignoring how annoying feminism has made marriage? Oh wait you don't shoot rapists, beat pedophiles, or ignore how annoying feminism has made marriage, mostly men in law enforcement do? Huh, if any future sons of mine ever become cops, I hope they don't have to deal with you.

Slight generalization I do detect.............................................................................?

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 8:41 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Is everyone here a dumb ass, or do you realize men do just as much work shooting rapists, beating pedophiles, and ignoring how annoying feminism has made marriage? Oh wait you don't shoot rapists, beat pedophiles, or ignore how annoying feminism has made marriage, mostly men in law enforcement do? Huh, if any future sons of mine ever become cops, I hope they don't have to deal with you.

Slight generalization I do detect.............................................................................?

Show me where I stated that men don't do any work shooting rapists or beating pedophiles? Oh that's right you can't because I didn't as I don't even mention which gender is stopping rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment rather I talk about a group- feminists.

There's no slight generalization to detect on my part in that regard as a feminist can be a gal or a guy. I do detect projection on your part.

As for how annoying feminism has made marriage..yeah it must be so annoying that marital rape is illegal in most areas. :roll:

If anything your post is more suited to ArriantParriah as he's the one claiming feminists are trying to change the way men are and since feminists are trying to change rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment that implies his opinion is that guys are naturally rapists, domestic abusers, and sexual harassers. However do tell why you chose to direct your post towards me?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 8:58 pm

appletheclown wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

ArrantPariah wrote:

Not to mention, who do you think punishes pedophiles in prison with compulsory anal sex in the shower?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:02 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
As for how annoying feminism has made marriage..yeah it must be so annoying that marital rape is illegal in most areas. :roll:

I'd bet big money that more feminists have overstated tiny offences by their husbands were "abuse", than men have actually RAPED their wives!

I'm not denying there have been some... but have you ever sat in a conference room filled with 500-1000 women all claiming, "Oh, I didn't want to (but I never told him) so when we did it anyway I didn't really participate. Now I can bust the abuser for rape!" I highly doubt anywhere near that many beat their wives and rape them!

Too much noise over not enough crime, and punishing everyone for the acts of very few.

There's a very good chance this could backfire drastically as the balance becomes more and more uneven - and a similar revolt may come that sets us back hundreds of years.

Both sides really should work on fairness and equality... and that's the problem with both those camps - they're at war fighting for goodies only for their side at the expense of the other.

Last edited by BlueMax on 08 May 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:03 pm

AnonymousGIrl wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

2) Show me where I stated that men don't do any work shooting rapists or beating pedophiles? Oh that's right you can't because I didn't as I don't even mention which gender is stopping rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment rather I talk about a group- feminists.

1)There's no slight generalization to detect on my part in that regard as a feminist can be a gal or a guy. I do detect projection on your part.

3) As for how annoying feminism has made marriage..yeah it must be so annoying that marital rape is illegal in most areas. :roll:

If anything your post is more suited to ArriantParriah as he's the one claiming feminists are trying to change the way men are and since feminists are trying to change rape, domestic violence, and sexual harassment that implies his opinion is that guys are naturally rapists, domestic abusers, and sexual harassers. 4) However do tell why you chose to direct your post towards me?

1) Have you ever heard of chivalry? It isn't feminism.
2) Show me where you stated they did, better yet, where I said you stated they didn't. (I was clearly using snyde remarks, not direct quotes)
3) I dislike marital rape even more than you could possibly understand. Feminism is contributing to the downfall of chivalry, where women more than often deny help when they need it, and get into these kinds of situations because of it. I love women, but sometimes feminism gets to hot for their britches, and over does it.
4) ArriantParriah, I do not have the time to complain about him. If you must know I took a college course on feminism. You know what the extreme form of feminism is? DEATH TO ALL MEN. I think it clearly states itself. It was a female professor, former navy, sociologist too. Her job is to study stuff like this, and teach us about it.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:06 pm

BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:

I'd bet big money that more feminists have overstated tiny offences by their husbands were "abuse", than men have actually RAPED their wives!

I'm not denying there have been some... but have you ever sat in a conference room filled with 500-1000 women all claiming, "Oh, I didn't want to (but I never told him) so when we did it anyway I didn't really participate. Now I can bust the abuser for rape!" I highly doubt anywhere near that many beat their wives and rape them!

Too much noise over not enough crime, and punishing everyone for the acts of very few.

There's a very good chance this could backfire drastically as the balance becomes more and more uneven - and a similar revolt may come that sets us back hundreds of years.

Both sides really should work on fairness and equality... and that's the problem with both those camps - they're at war fighting for goodies only for their side at the expense of the other.

Not only that, there is also sexism inherent in the system and very much a part of feminism which causes sexual abuse in men to be completely missed or ignored. By pretending it's only a women's issue and men are always to blame, some feminists (not going to say all; I like many feminists and agree with them) are actually being sexist.

I personally suffered from the result of the system being sexist against men for decades. And guess who the perpetrator was on one of the occasions? A woman. A woman sticking things into a child and forcing the child to stick wires into animals and cut up cats in terrible ways while they are tied up. Yeah, sounds like men are the only ones who ever commit sexual violence, and women are always the victims. :roll:

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:14 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:

Not only that, there is also sexism inherent in the system and very much a part of feminism which causes sexual abuse in men to be completely missed or ignored. By pretending it's only a women's issue and men are always to blame, some feminists (not going to say all; I like many feminists and agree with them) are actually being sexist.

I personally suffered from the result of the system being sexist against men for decades. And guess who the perpetrator was on one of the occasions? A woman. A woman sticking things into a child and forcing the child to stick wires into animals and cut up cats in terrible ways while they are tied up. Yeah, sounds like men are the only ones who ever commit sexual violence, and women are always the victims. :roll:

The whole world now pertains to you, I am truly sorry for being a dick to you....

AnonymousGIrl
Raven
Raven

08 May 2013, 9:15 pm

appletheclown wrote:
1) Have you ever heard of chivalry? It isn't feminism.
Chivalry wasn't being discussed feminism was and how feminism is changing men.

2) Show me where you stated they did, better yet, where I said you stated they didn't. (I was clearly using snyde remarks, not direct quotes)
You implied I did with "Is everyone here a dumb ass, or do you realize men do just as much work shooting rapists, beating pedophiles, and ignoring how annoying feminism has made marriage". However nice evasion tactic as you can't address how such a question is even applicable to me as I wasn't even making it a gender thing and talking about which gender is doing what in that regards.

3) I dislike marital rape even more than you could possibly understand. Feminism is contributing to the downfall of chivalry, where women more than often deny help when they need it, and get into these kinds of situations because of it. I love women, but sometimes feminism gets to hot for their britches, and over does it.
Uh huh feminism is contributing to the downfall of chivalry. Perhaps gals deny help when they need it because they don't think they'll get it, they think the offer isn't genuine or will come with some attached strings they don't want, or the person the help it comes from doesn't appeal to them...no wait it's clearly just feminism. :roll:

4) ArriantParriah, I do not have the time to complain about him. If you must know I took a college course on feminism. You know what the extreme form of feminism is? DEATH TO ALL MEN. I think it clearly states itself. It was a female professor, former navy, sociologist too. Her job is to study stuff like this, and teach us about it.
So you only have time to complain about a person who your complaints do not apply to...okay then. I know the extreme form of feminism and I also the extreme form of feminism wasn't being discussed.

I like your evasion tactics. You still have yet to answer why you addressed your post to me when none of it is applicable to me.

Last edited by AnonymousGIrl on 08 May 2013, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 9:18 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
AnonymousGIrl wrote:

The whole world now pertains to you, I am truly sorry for being a dick to you....

What?