I hope I didn't miss an opportunity

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm

There's this girl I know who over the last month, I find that she really likes to talk to me a lot. She smiles and waves at me all the time, and a few weeks ago i was having lunch and she took one of my fries and ate it, in a way that seemed kind of playful, if that makes any sense. . I don't know, though, if she is just being friendly or is mutually attracted to me, as sometimes I find these sorts of things difficult to read. That is all I can say about this, I wish I had some more eivdence to throw out but I can't think of much more at the moment. I would appreciate it if someone could help me decode this situation. i didn't want to misinterpret her friendliness with attraction because I have made that mistake in the party. However, I do know that she is having a birthday party soon and she didn't ask me if I wanted to come. I also saw her for the last time today and she didn't say we should keep in touch over the summer. However, I did neglect to mention we would be living in the same city over the summer. Also I only recently realized that I had feelings for her. I had found her attractive but didn't really know her that well to develop feelings for her because I thought she didn't like me all that much. I am in university and so is she.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2013, 6:07 pm

So now one is interested in my dilemma? I was thinking of sending her a text just saying hi and let her know I'll be in town over the summer.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

Disraeli wrote:
So now one is interested in my dilemma? I was thinking of sending her a text just saying hi and let her know I'll be in town over the summer.

Disraeli, if it makes you feel better, I hope more than anything it works out and it is a mutual attraction! Good luck!

JDintheQuietCorner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2013, 11:13 pm

Yeah, I don't have an answer here.

Way too easy to read too much into such a small thing. What some consider flirting, others simply consider having fun.

Go ahead with the Hi & I'm going to be in town for the summer. But I'd probably leave it at that, at least for now.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

When I told her good-bye a few nights ago she said bye and that it was bittersweet.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 12:05 am

Yeah, I wouldn't read to much into this.

If she liked you, she'd want you at her party.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2013, 12:46 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't read to much into this.

If she liked you, she'd want you at her party.

Very True. But something just occurred to me - many people assume that I am someone who doesn't party or drink, so it is possible that she thought that if she invited me I'd just say no because she thought maybe I wouldn't like to go.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 1:14 am

Its a bit tricky Id say.

Inviting yourself to her birthday party isn´t something I could pull off but hey if you think you can and you want to see her again try.

The only way to determine if its just being playful or not is by trying to keep the playfulness for a while and see how she reacts imo.
Too easy to overread a simple gesture, easier to interpret a set of gestures and how she reacted

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 1:18 pm

So, i sent her a text message today but did not get a reply. Now I am worried a did something wrong.

To clarify: I told her I got her number from an e-mail she sent a few weeks ago. I just told her I would be living in the same city over the summer and to have a good summer off. Maybe I shouldn't have done that?

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 2:29 pm

Disraeli wrote:
So, i sent her a text message today but did not get a reply. Now I am worried a did something wrong.

To clarify: I told her I got her number from an e-mail she sent a few weeks ago. I just told her I would be living in the same city over the summer and to have a good summer off. Maybe I shouldn't have done that?

Answer, she is not interested. More like pity.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 2:46 pm

PsychoSarah wrote:
Disraeli wrote:

Answer, she is not interested. More like pity.

Okay I get she probably isn't interested, and I'll leave it alone, but what do you mean pity??

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 2:49 pm

Girls pity awkward men. They try to be their friend. But they get bored, and move on in the end.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 2:55 pm

PsychoSarah wrote:
Girls pity awkward men. They try to be their friend. But they get bored, and move on in the end.

Ha that rhymes!

So, maybe she was just trying to be nice. I have mistook that before for romantic interest and that is why I was seeking advice here on wrongplanet.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 2:56 pm

Highly likely. Why can't I be this intuitive about my own problems?

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 4:01 pm

I actually double checked, and it turns out i didn't even send my text to the right number. I mixed up the digits so I don't even know who I texted!

Madeline
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2013, 4:22 pm

Disraeli wrote:
I actually double checked, and it turns out i didn't even send my text to the right number. I mixed up the digits so I don't even know who I texted!

If I were you, I'd resend that text to the right number though I might add something like "Let me know if you'd like to get coffee sometime" that way you're putting an invitation out there.

Good luck!