best girlfriend broke up with me

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Catheter
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2013, 7:02 am

Two days ago my girlfriend, lets call her Angie, of one year broke up with me. I've had girlfriends before but this was different. I didn't love any of them like I love Angie. I told her that if she ever left I wouldn't cry because I've never cried about people. I didn't cry. I teared up but otherwise I've been a soldier. Then last night I woke up in the middle of the night and just started crying like it hit me pretty deep so thats the only time it would come out. I have other friends, but none of them like Angie. We had fun together and in the future I saw only more fun.

But because I told her some things that happened to me when I was a kid (and I didn't do it the most elegant way. I said some mean things to her because I was being defensive about telling her what I thought I needed to), she freaked out and told her parents who told her she needed to stop talking to me because I'm "too messed up." I don't understand her parents but she's got a good relationship with them and trusts them to tell her what to do. I respect that. It just hurts a lot. People come and go but this is different. No one has understood me like her. I feel like I've lost a limb, like a real part of me just got cut out. I've never felt like this before.

All my other girlfriends I'm the one who broke up with them because they all screwed up so I felt like I was getting rid of bad stuff. I googled this but it's all pretty shallow stuff that doesn't apply because there's nothing about her I don't love. I know how to tell the difference between a person and their actions. I don't like all her actions, but I love her and nothing is going to change that because I didn't even try to, it's the same way I felt when I first met her.

I'm hoping that what this is is she just needs time because she's confused and maybe she'll change her mind later. I'm just afraid to see her again and to talk to her as though she's suddenly a stranger. I'd almost rather just not see her until she gets over this and if she never does, to think like she died instead of like she decided I wasn't good enough to be part of her life. I heard a quote the other day: "It's easier to make a lover out of a friend than it is to make a friend out of a lover."

I just had to post something on this because I'm figuring out that to avoid depression I need to be around people and right now this feels like being around people since I can't talk to anyone else about it.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 7:18 am

My advice would be:

Work out HARD, eat healthy and merge yourself in public as much as possible.

The fact that you've been with an awesome girl like that tells me you've got "flavor" and therefore have potential to meet girls equally as good as her or even better than her.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

I can't judge if you don't reveal what exactly you told her, the things that happened to you as kid.
Why her parents thought you're too messed up and why she agreed on that too?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 8:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I can't judge if you don't reveal what exactly you told her, the things that happened to you as kid.
Yeah. What kind of girlfriend turns around and immediatly tells her parents what you said after trying to confide in her? It must have been something super messed up, otherwise she doesn't sound that great.

Catheter
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yeah. What kind of girlfriend turns around and immediatly tells her parents what you said after trying to confide in her? It must have been something super messed up, otherwise she doesn't sound that great.

obviously I can't just post it online now that I know people take it so bad.
She was worried about me and asked her parents for help, not knowing their reaction would be like that.

LIke i said I don't understand her parents. I don't dislike them. They've actually helped me out sometimes sicne my parents are kind a screwed up. Her dad is pretty badass because he was in the military but he's not religious. I've been thinking about it all morning. I'm starting to see it differently. Its possible that her parents are actually pretty damn smart, Angie's in the middle of us, and they understand it better and know that I'll figure it out. Yeah, maybe Angie comes from pretty badass stock.