Look out! It's a Nice Guy! DESTROY HIM!!

Page 23 of 25 [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:48 am

So, just for clarification - is this topic just supposed to be a discussion of what is (or is not) rape now ?
:?:

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Dan_Vincze wrote:
Yes, the 7,032,000 rapes against men is much smaller than the 21,840,000 rapes against women.
So I have to wonder, what is your point? Why do you believe these statistics support it?

He's just saying that 'forced to penetrate' should be added to rape numbers.
I think it would be more accurate to divide it into "forced to penetrate by others" (ie. like some gang rapists forced their buddy to join) and "forced to penetrate by the penetrated" - I think only the latter should be added to rape in the men table while the former...umm I dunno, the penetrated was surely raped but is it double rape or not rape for the guy?

Yeap. That was the point. To see it the only thing needed is to read the post.

He didn't see it because he didn't want to see it. The same that stating that this thread is about 'nices guys deciding that a girl has to like them because they say so' when there was NOTHING even similar among the points that the video made. When people are in denial, they will avoid to see the point you make. Or they will keep inventing statements and putting them in your mouth to avoid the points you made. And, in last term, they just will skip them and will answer with verbal violence and personal attacks. They are the typical symptoms of denial. And there's a lot of it in this subject.

Last edited by Greb on 01 Aug 2013, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:57 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:

Two posts before I said: "And, in last term, they just will skip them and will answer with verbal violence and personal attacks."

The sooner I say it, the sooner it happens.

EDIT Well. it looks like MR_BOGAN has deleted his post. Glad I quoted him before it.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:05 am

Yeah I rethought it and probably was not a good taste thing to put on.

I'll leave you to your thread.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:09 am

Dan_Vincze wrote:
Yes, the 7,032,000 rapes against men is much smaller than the 21,840,000 rapes against women.
So I have to wonder, what is your point? Why do you believe these statistics support it?

I think "much smaller" is a big strong to use. It's also worth noting that there is a stigma against men for reporting rapes (this is also true for women, however), so the true numbers are quite likely veiled to us. For all we know, they're much closer than we all think.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:16 am

^ This.

Statistics for rape are kind of a pointless thing to study, since so many people who are raped (especially minors and guys, from what I can tell) never report it.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:21 am

Shau wrote:
Dan_Vincze wrote:

I think "much smaller" is a big strong to use. It's also worth noting that there is a stigma against men for reporting rapes (this is also true for women, however), so the true numbers are quite likely veiled to us. For all we know, they're much closer than we all think.

And what it's sad it's that what it's demanded is not to leave women unprotected, but to extend this protection to men who suffer this same experience and nowadays they have to stay hidden. I have known several women who were told me how they were were raped. I never knew about a man doing so. For a man, being raped is is a social stigma much worse than for a woman. From the social point of view, it's like taking away all his manhood. And he's not gonna receive support, but mockery.

Saying that, asking for empathy and support for these men, is basically answered with violence and insults.

Last months I'm getting more in the men's rights stuff... and, damn, when you see things like that (and it's plenty of them that Media never say) what remains is a really deep feeling of disappointment and deception with human race, with people in general. :(

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:34 am

Greb wrote:
For a man, being raped is is a social stigma much worse than for a woman. From the social point of view, it's like taking away all his manhood. And he's not gonna receive support, but mockery.
Saying that, asking for empathy and support for these men, is basically answered with violence and insults.

That happens plenty for women who have been raped too.
Perhaps with less threats of violence, but perhaps more with lecherous comments instead.
Many people will be as*holes to people who have been raped and admit to it, regardless of their gender.
8) Just saying.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:39 am

Plus there's the whole "She's faking it" scene, especially if the male is well-respected.

A lot of people (male and female) really misuse their power. It's disgusting and when people belittle those who have been raped or say they're lying, the give more power to the people who do these horrible things.

Worse of the lot are the people who really fake it. The give power to the people who say the victims are lying, which in turn gives power to the rapists.

People can be so mean.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:55 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Greb wrote:
For a man, being raped is is a social stigma much worse than for a woman. From the social point of view, it's like taking away all his manhood. And he's not gonna receive support, but mockery.

That happens plenty for women who have been raped too.
Perhaps with less threats of violence, but perhaps more with lecherous comments instead.
Many people will be as*holes to people who have been raped and admit to it, regardless of their gender.
8) Just saying.

Yeap, but the situation has really improved for women in the last decades, and that's great. But for men it didn't change. And feminists don't want it to change. It's like a revenge against men, just because... they're men. Like being born man is a sin by itself. It's funny that most of feminists are atheist, but you wont find anybody else so willing to defend the concept of original sin.

That has some similarities with the 'nice guys' question, that was the original topic. Unless many people here states, the points in the video are not about 'women must like nice guys, ar!! !', but about other stuff. Nice guys, nowadays, for example, they have a social stigma too. Many times a girl can decide not to go out with one of these guys not because she doesn't like him, but because she's afraid of the social problem she will have. 'Hey, are you with this guy? are you kidding? you couldn't get anybody better that this poor loser?'. This is for example a problem to be addressed and it's a fair claim.

But what you see is people answering with violence, and insults, and perpetuating, this way, this social stigma. Many men included because, no matter I support men's rights, I have to agree that stupidity is very usual male feature.

Kezzstar wrote:
People can be so mean.

Yeap. :(

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:10 am

I could try pointing out that the situation hasn't changed any over the last few decades for women (perhaps in certain areas of the world, but not in many (probably most) areas.... or I could try pointing out that the previous comment about feminists is massively generalised, as well as over-presumptious and fairly offensive towards many people ... but why bother ? :wink: I doubt that what I have to say will make any difference to how this topic is going, anyway.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:16 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
I could try pointing out that the situation hasn't changed any over the last few decades for women (perhaps in certain areas of the world, but not in many (probably most) areas.... or I could try pointing out that the previous comment about feminists is massively generalised, as well as over-presumptious and fairly offensive towards many people ... but why bother ? :wink: I doubt that what I have to say will make any difference to how this topic is going, anyway.

[1] I don't know in your country. In Boo's one, for example, surely it didn't change. But in mine a woman can talk openly about have been raped and she'll receive empathy and support. And I know because I have seen it more than once.

[2] Generalised and over-presumptious? Check this thread, please. 80% of it are insults.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:20 am

[1]Most of the people in the world do not live in your country, whichever one that is.
I would expect that even within your own country, actually many women are most likely treated badly after saying that they have been raped.... whatever you have seen yourself a couple of times.

[2] So ? Does that mean it's okay to hurl generalised offensive comments around without any good reason for doing so ?

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:41 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
[1]Most of the people in the world do not live in your country, whichever one that is.
I would expect that even within your own country, actually many women are most likely treated badly after saying that they have been raped.... whatever you have seen yourself a couple of times.

So we're supposed to wait that everything is right in every last corner of Earth before trying to fix these problems? Seriously? :roll:

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
[2] So ? Does that mean it's okay to hurl generalised offensive comments around without any good reason for doing so ?

Generalised comes from general. So when something happens in a generalised way...

Well, anyway. Don't know why I'm trying to explain. Damn. Done for now.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:50 am

Greb wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:

So we're supposed to wait that everything is right in every last corner of Earth before trying to fix these problems? Seriously? :roll:

Ladywoofwoof wrote:

Generalised comes from general. So when something happens in a generalised way...

Well, anyway. Don't know why I'm trying to explain. Damn. Done for now.

The strawman says : "Hey, leave me out of this weird-ass topic. Go home, you're probably drunk. "

[img][800:1348]http://greedyteddy.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/strawman007.jpg[/img]

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 7:12 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
The strawman says : "Hey, leave me out of this weird-ass topic. Go home, you're probably drunk. "

And more insults...

Again.