Page 13 of 18 [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

Why do girls hate shy guys?
They expect their men to protect them (sexism) 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
Society says shy guys are bad 18%  18%  [ 20 ]
Shy guys are worse at sex 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Shy guys are just boring 22%  22%  [ 24 ]
Women who reject introverts are just as superficial as men who reject fatties (duh!) 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Other 29%  29%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 109

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

FlanMaster wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I got the feeling that the male gendered majority of this board sees only the kim kardashian types as actual women.

Kardashian woman type: an insecure Caucasian female who wishes she was of African heritage, obsessed with dating wealthy athletic "African heritage" male celebrities.

Wow, are your grapes sour? :lol:

I would hardly classify Kim Kardashian "types" as insecure Caucasian females, and just because a woman prefers African-American males, doesn't necessarily mean that she wishes she was of African heritage. Would you say that a white guy who prefers to date Asian females has a wish to be Asian? I don't think so. Some people just prefer interracial relationships.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:52 am

Max000 wrote:
FlanMaster wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I got the feeling that the male gendered majority of this board sees only the kim kardashian types as actual women.

Kardashian woman type: an insecure Caucasian female who wishes she was of African heritage, obsessed with dating wealthy athletic "African heritage" male celebrities.

I would hardly classify Kim Kardashian "types" as insecure Caucasian females, and just because a woman prefers African-American males, doesn't necessarily mean that she wishes she was of African heritage. Would you say that a white guy who prefers to date Asian females has a wish to be Asian? I don't think so. Some people just prefer interracial relationships.

The Kardashians have a very public life. if it were a simple matter of preference, imo, then all the other cues would be missing. The Kardashians "need" the public notoriety. There are other cues that suggest that they prefer the "African American" culture. They were called "wannabes" when I was in school. There were the interracial daters and there were the "wannabes". I have cousins, nephews and nieces from interracial relationships. Some of the relationships are true love, and some were because of "wannabes". True relationships are fine, regardless of racial difference. Relationships resulting from being obsessed with wishing you were a different race than you were born will be disaster, imo.

Imo, the Kardashians are "wannabes. Nothing sour about it.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

FlanMaster wrote:
Max000 wrote:
I think the fact is, there are plenty of single available females, and the guys who hit on them most, are going to be the ones who get them.

Again, there are always exceptions, but statistically this thought is simply incorrect.

And you have those statistics to prove that that is incorrect? :chin:

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm

FlanMaster wrote:
Max000 wrote:
FlanMaster wrote:
Uprising wrote:

The Kardashians have a very public life. if it were a simple matter of preference, imo, then all the other cues would be missing. The Kardashians "need" the public notoriety. There are other cues that suggest that they prefer the "African American" culture. They were called "wannabes" when I was in school. There were the interracial daters and there were the "wannabes". I have cousins, nephews and nieces from interracial relationships. Some of the relationships are true love, and some were because of "wannabes". True relationships are fine, regardless of racial difference. Relationships resulting from being obsessed with wishing you were a different race than you were born will be disaster, imo.

Imo, the Kardashians are "wannabes. Nothing sour about it.

Again would you call a white male who only dates Asian females (there are lots of them), a wannabe Asian?

From my experience of talking to women, a lot of American women are attracted to African American men. Mostly physically. They could care less for African culture, except for maybe listening to some rap music. They are just attracted to black men.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

FlanMaster wrote:
Uprising wrote:

No. I don't see the Kardashian type" as a real woman, and I don't think most males on here do either. Thank God. But the simple truth of MY life is, had I not pursued becoming physically fit and capable of defending myself, I would probably still be a virgin today (as in never having experienced male to female copulation). Every woman who expressed interest in me wasn't for my intellectual capacity nor my listening skills. It was always because they were physically attracted to me. Plain and simple. "stud muffins" shy or not, attract more women than ugly, weak, wimpy men. There are exceptions. There always are. But these exceptions are not common place. As the song says "I've traveled the world and the seven seas" (and I have) "everybody's looking for something" (and wimpy ugly shy is usually NOT on that list, not nice but true)

Wimpy ugly shy men do get women, I've seen it with my own eyes, but like I said before somewhere, these aren't like the high maintenance women who get hit on by every alpha guy in the area, but they do have enough sex appeal, but maybe not enough for you.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:08 pm

Max000 wrote:
FlanMaster wrote:
Max000 wrote:
I think the fact is, there are plenty of single available females, and the guys who hit on them most, are going to be the ones who get them.

Again, there are always exceptions, but statistically this thought is simply incorrect.

And you have those statistics to prove that that is incorrect? :chin:

Psychology journals. Your local library hopefully has access to them if you are sincerely interested.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

Max000 wrote:
FlanMaster wrote:
True relationships are fine, regardless of racial difference.

Again would you call a white male who only dates Asian females (there are lots of them), a wannabe Asian?

From my experience of talking to women, a lot of American women are attracted to African American men. Mostly physically. They could care less for African culture, except for maybe listening to some rap music. They are just attracted to black men.

You have already quoted where I have already addressed your question.

Your experience is irrelevant to the "Kardashian type" women being considered real women claim made that I commented on.

If you want to go further off topic and cry racism then start a separate thread and have at it. I couldn't care less. I personally don't care who or what anyone f***s or how, as long as it is legal, consensual, and not intrusive to my life.

However if you disagree with my response to what I feel is an incorrect observation, feel free to state why you disagree with my opinion that the observation is incorrect. Otherwise you are simply arguing over nothing.

If you don't think the Kardashians are wannabes, that is your opinion, but your irrelevant challenging questions about one ethnic culture or another won't convince me of your opinion.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:56 pm

Uprising wrote:
Wimpy ugly shy men do get women, I've seen it with my own eyes, but like I said before somewhere, these aren't like the high maintenance women who get hit on by every alpha guy in the area, but they do have enough sex appeal, but maybe not enough for you.

Yes and so have I. But, the exceptions not withstanding, these women are usually within the same general criteria as the men that cause the "high maintenance" women to reject the men. In other words, the cruelty of society has caused both of these individuals to adjust their hopes (and criteria) to more realistic measures.

As far as me personally, I no longer have standards. I have a goal "to keep and repair" my marriage. My wife has been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that requires me to modify my behavior sooner and more drastically than I can on my own. She is my criteria. She is my standard. She is my goal. Why? Because she is my lifeline.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:13 pm

Max000 wrote:

the only successful "hitter-on-ers" are going to be the ones fluent in body language and other socially apt niceties that women in this culture expect as a matter of course, but that many aspies lack.

Last edited by auntblabby on 04 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

The "Cardasians" (parodying them to the race on Star Trek) are the type of women I want to avoid! They are the money grubbers; the type who will do anything (whether it is moral or not) for status, wealth and publicity. Yeah, I might be rude on saying that, but that is the opposite of what I'm looking for in a woman. Money, fame, and status comes and goes, but true love can last a lifetime, if one works on the relationship.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2013, 5:08 pm

I don't think it's a "hatred" really... I just think shy guys don't get noticed as often because they don't stand out and can be boring. As much as I know I'm going to get berated for saying this, women generally have a lot more options of who to date/become involved with, and don't necessarily gravitate to those who don't stand out.

TheZachadoodle
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2013, 6:00 pm

Sometimes being the shy guy can be cute. Also it is about approaching and putting effort in the relationship. Sure you can be nervous and blush nonstop but if you can be brave to put forth the effort then that says a lot about you than someone who isn't shy and just doses off the relationship.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm

Uprising wrote:

After a long time, I have pretty much come to the same conclusion.
I do know some posters are exceptions to this rule, but they seem to be just that, exceptions.

It seems at the end of the day anything less than that is really being overlooked and they are going for the ones who are making them the hardest.
Nothing wrong with that, but if you're going to do it, realise what the results will be like.

corsair
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

i don't think girls hate shy guys...maybe you're getting that vibe because shy guys don't really know how to express their interest? just a guess. but i like shy guys, i feel more comfortable around them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 7:12 pm

corsair wrote:
i don't think girls hate shy guys...maybe you're getting that vibe because shy guys don't really know how to express their interest? just a guess. but i like shy guys, i feel more comfortable around them.

you are one of the nice ones then :)

corsair
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2013, 10:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
corsair wrote:

you are one of the nice ones then :)

haha no, not really :P i'm just a very shy girl as well so i find outgoing guys...idk, intimidating? whenever i talk to a super friendly guy i feel embarrassed for some reason, like i have to impress them. but with shy guys i feel okay, like i don't have to pretend to be social for them, i can just be more myself.