Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 6:25 pm

The definition of irony:

Last time I posted on here, it was to plug this dating advice book. Since that time my then successful relationship has abruptly turned into the biggest nightmare ever. Don’t get me wrong, the book is great for general advice on how to attract women, and a little helpful on how to keep them but when your girlfriend turns out to be the worst person ever born, the book is no help at all. I can’t blame y’all if you thought that I was merely a salesman for the Double Your Dating franchise, preying on the lonely people as one user put it. I would’ve thought the same. Since that time things have gone to sh*t. If there is a God, he’s got a cruel sense of humor.

After a year of close friendship during which I was this girl’s only ally, and after a three week relationship durring which I lost my virginity to this girl – the next night she drops me like a stone and proceeds to act like “I just don’t see what the big deal is” for the next two months. Female scorpios are the scum of the earth. Stay the heck away from them. I was there for her when no one else was. Even when her parents weren’t, and she still treaded me like this. I’ve known many Scorpios and they are all like that to some degree.

One would think by now I’d learn to avoid them. All of the previous ones I found out afterwords that they were Scorpios. For some reason this one seemed different. Not so. I’m a Leo. The match up of these two signs is always an aesymetric relationship where one side is more into it than the other. My bro is a Scorpio. He had a relationship with a Leo girl once and that time it was the reverse of my situation, where he was the one to get burned.

I believe in astrology because things like the above I’ve noticed to be extremely consistant. Some people believe in God, I bleive in this stuff. So sue me. I see more evidence to support Astrology than I do for the existence of any deity on a daily basis. Having Aspergers, I’ve been searching for an aid for reading people because as y’all know, with AS, its very hard to understand personality types. Astrology has been a huge help actually. A tip for you guys: if the other person’s sign is at 90 degrees to your own on the zodiac chart, your relationship will be aesymetric like mine with this Scorpio b***h was. It will garunteeably (sp?) suck for either you or your partner and I wouldn’t recommend it.

In case you’re wondering, in all other matters I believe in science. I’m not a total new-age flake 

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 6:27 pm

When I damn female scorpios what i mean is they dont work for me. If you are a female scorpio and you take this personally, in fact if anyone takes anything I've said personally, don't. Also, if you're a female scorpio, dont date a leo. You'll be sorry. or he will. Or both.

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2007, 6:31 pm

Quote:
I believe in astrology because things like the above I’ve noticed to be extremely consistant.

Is it that astrology is consistent, or is it that you suck at attracting and engagign women? I see the only constant here is you, and due to the egocentric nature of AS, I would tend to believe that you are:

1) Not dating enough women
or
2) Not doing anything to improve yourself into a person people like to be around.

AS people can have the tendency to be pretty snobbish, closed and downright unplesaurable individuals to be around. They also can have a tendency to be overemotionally invested in each woman they've barely known for a month or so.

Hyperborealian
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 6:40 pm

You never really explained the definition of Irony by the way.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 6:50 pm

Actually the problem isn't really me. I only get arrogant and snobbish when people have hurt me. I've gotten that corroberated by peers so i'm in the clear.

I am still learning how to atract women. Also the problem is that a lot of women I'm around all day are not interesting to me.

I am not dating enough women. You're right on that point.

I've known this chick for over a year so emotional involvement is justified. She's just being a (fill in hte blank). People like me. THats not my problem. Its that this girl has mannaged to push my buttons by doing all this crap and then being like "well i just dont see what the big deal is." We settle things and make up and then she starts all over again and then is like "i dont see why you just can't let this go." I might add that she was never like this for the year I knew her. I wasnt even dating her durring most of that time. Just the last three weeks of it. So I had time to get to know her. One night she just changes so completely from my best friend to the biggest c*nt ever born. She's the problem. Not me. We were happy for those three weeks that we were together. Then the night after I loose my virginity to her she's out front of school kissing her ex and I confront her about it and she's like "I just cant do a relationship right now". I say: "did you tell him that?" her: "no, but i will." over the course of the next two months up to now she turns into the most selfish, self-serving c*nt I've ever met. I've spoken to dozens of people about this. People who know both of us, and they think she's in the wrong. THey also tell me to drop her and move on. That would be easy if I didnt have to see her in school all the time. Btw: a word to all you guys. As the CIA say re: spy opperations, don't sh*t where you eat; don't date people from work or school. If it goes bad you will have to live with seeing your ex all teh time and it will take longer for you to get over it. By extension, unless you guys are engaged or something, don't live with your significant other for exactly the same reason. You will be sorry when it goes bad.

One thing I've learned from all this is that talking about things that are going well is profoundly bad luck for me.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 6:51 pm

Hyperborealian wrote:
You never really explained the definition of Irony by the way.

LOL.

THe defiinition of irony is that I who posted a while ago about that amazing dating advice/talking to women book have since had the most amazingly bad experience with my love interest.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 7:34 pm

spacephrawg, I read your post with a lot of interest, in that my son (a Leo) just broke up with his girlfriend (a Scorpio), and their relationship was in many ways similar to your own. He is having a very hard time getting over this very magnetic girl.

I don't actually align myself with astrology, but for kicks I looked up descriptions of the Leo and Scorpio signs. The descriptions of the Scorpio personality were fairly accurate, and yet, the Leo description didn't seem to fit my son that well except for the fact that Leo's supposedly don't know when to let go of a romance. Yep, that describes my son!

I hope things improve for you, and yes, avoid Scorpio girls at all costs! My advice is to look for a Sagittarius girl. I'm a Sagittarius, and my husband's a Leo, and we've been very happily married for 25 years this April (and, he's probably an Aspie as well).

May a better future be awaiting you!

Kris

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 7:59 pm

schleppenheimer wrote:
spacephrawg, I read your post with a lot of interest, in that my son (a Leo) just broke up with his girlfriend (a Scorpio), and their relationship was in many ways similar to your own. He is having a very hard time getting over this very magnetic girl.

I don't actually align myself with astrology, but for kicks I looked up descriptions of the Leo and Scorpio signs. The descriptions of the Scorpio personality were fairly accurate, and yet, the Leo description didn't seem to fit my son that well except for the fact that Leo's supposedly don't know when to let go of a romance. Yep, that describes my son!

I hope things improve for you, and yes, avoid Scorpio girls at all costs! My advice is to look for a Sagittarius girl. I'm a Sagittarius, and my husband's a Leo, and we've been very happily married for 25 years this April (and, he's probably an Aspie as well).

Kris

Scorpios are unique in my experrience in that they will tear your heart out, make you pry before you get a straight answer on the subject, admit that they did it and then say "but i dont see what the big deal is." No other sign does this. Women like that should be sent to afganistan for treatment.

Tell your son he should also look for an ares or gemini as well.

Also, tell your boy not to get down on himself. What happened with me caused me to realize one thing imediatly: I had been wronged and was thus in the moral highground. None of this is his fault. There is no other constructive way to look at it. There is nothing he did wrong. THe girl is just a peice of sh*t. She is wrong and he is right. From there he can either rail at her as I have been compelled to do and I really dont recomend it because its self destructive, or he can work on moving on. But above all tell him what i just said about her being in the wrong. Explain it to him if need be. Aproach it legalistically/analytically. But make sure he gets it.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

Meanwhile I have to say that all of what I've said in this thread doesnt disqualify my thread about that dating/talking to women advice book. Its still pure gold and I still recomend it. Its just no help when you come across people who are just wrong for you.

Hyperborealian
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 8:32 pm

spacephrawg wrote:
schleppenheimer wrote:

Kris

Scorpios are unique in my experrience in that they will tear your heart out, make you pry before you get a straight answer on the subject, admit that they did it and then say "but i dont see what the big deal is." No other sign does this. Women like that should be sent to afganistan for treatment.

Tell your son he should also look for an ares or gemini as well.

Also, tell your boy not to get down on himself. What happened with me caused me to realize one thing imediatly: I had been wronged and was thus in the moral highground. None of this is his fault. There is no other constructive way to look at it. There is nothing he did wrong. THe girl is just a peice of sh*t. She is wrong and he is right. From there he can either rail at her as I have been compelled to do and I really dont recomend it because its self destructive, or he can work on moving on. But above all tell him what i just said about her being in the wrong. Explain it to him if need be. Aproach it legalistically/analytically. But make sure he gets it.

Hey Hey Hey!! ! What do you have against scorpios anyway. Maybe you just haven't considered the fact that scorpios just find some of the other constellations very boring. And we are NOT naive either, we just have a mind of our own. I love scorpio women in any case, which is ironic because I think astrology is very ambigious in any case.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 8:55 pm

When I damn female scorpios what i mean is they dont work for me. If you are a female scorpio and you take this personally, in fact if anyone takes anything I've said personally, don't. Also, if you're a female scorpio, dont date a leo. You'll be sorry. or he will. Or both.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 9:16 pm

Hyperborealian wrote:

Hey Hey Hey!! ! What do you have against scorpios anyway. Maybe you just haven't considered the fact that scorpios just find some of the other constellations very boring. And we are NOT naive either, we just have a mind of our own. I love scorpio women in any case, which is ironic because I think astrology is very ambigious in any case.

I never said naive. I said or implied that they are needlessly cruel and self-serving, and uniquely so and given recent experiences, should be sent to afganistan for "treatment". I dont know any other kind of person who does that. They'll rip your heart out, admit that they've done so and then be all like "i dont see why you're still obsesing over this". What kind of b***h does that? Scorpios, in my experience. They should all be exploded or sunk in international waters or nibbled to death by ducks.

Its like to a scorpio the world exists souly for their own entertainment. I take life seriously. I take relationships seriously as well. i have no time for people who dont.

Hyperborealian
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 9:56 pm

Do you actually believe in that fortune cookie crap? Technically, I'm a scorpio, and have dated a scorpio before

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2007, 10:35 pm

Hyperborealian wrote:
Do you actually believe in that fortune cookie crap? Technically, I'm a scorpio, and have dated a scorpio before

Well, to put it very bluntly, *some* people beleive in God. Thats probably the most batsh*t insane concept i've ever heard of other than Scientology. Meanwhile Astrology has a reasonable amount of circumstantial evidence enough to build a nonscientific beleif on. I dont see daily evidence of some invisible higher being directing the universe like it was some colossal version of Sim City do I? no. But I've found that certain personality types/signs behave a certain way with a decent amount of reliability. Also, like i said before what i'm really saying is that scorpios and leos dont mix well. Allow me my bitterness for now. My relationship issues were fairly recent.

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2007, 12:09 am

spacephrawg wrote:
Hyperborealian wrote:

Well, to put it very bluntly, *some* people beleive in God. Thats probably the most batsh*t insane concept i've ever heard of other than Scientology. Meanwhile Astrology has a reasonable amount of circumstantial evidence enough to build a nonscientific beleif on. I dont see daily evidence of some invisible higher being directing the universe like it was some colossal version of Sim City do I? no. But I've found that certain personality types/signs behave a certain way with a decent amount of reliability. Also, like i said before what i'm really saying is that scorpios and leos dont mix well. Allow me my bitterness for now. My relationship issues were fairly recent.

Actually their is more evidence for god (or pre-existing intelligence of some kind) then their is for astrology. Note I'm saying intelligence, not perfect intelligence or omniscient intelligence. Just not a particular god, nor the god of ancient holy texts. Most people use the term "god" as a euphemism for intelligent cause, though the level of intelligence and what its purpose is unknowable.

http://www.arn.org check the molecular machines section.

spacephrawg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2007, 1:28 am

Mordy wrote:
Actually their is more evidence for god (or pre-existing intelligence of some kind) then their is for astrology. Note I'm saying intelligence, not perfect intelligence or omniscient intelligence. Just not a particular god, nor the god of ancient holy texts. Most people use the term "god" as a euphemism for intelligent cause, though the level of intelligence and what its purpose is unknowable.

http://www.arn.org check the molecular machines section.

I said Scientology as in that crazy space religion that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are into.

I beleive in what i beleive in because my understanding of things is like the Schrodinger's Cat thing. In that model, the theory goes taht if you take a cat, put it in a box over night, put hte lid on there for that time, and come back teh next day, until you open the box you have to assume that the cat is both alive and dead. I take it a step furhter and believe that until you have no new information, you can't assume anything about the cat at all. So, I havnt seen anything supporting the idea of God yet but I've seen *a lot* suporting astrology but only insofar as personality types and compatibility goes. Actualy going by what I just said, my take on things is rather scientific to the extent that it is based on evidence and imperical knowledge.

As for God, I'm not agnostic, i just dont think we've been given enough info to know if there is one or not. So i put it in the "not enough info" bin and go about my day.

Meanwhile I know for a fact that scorpios consistantly dont work for me and in a very specific way: the relationship will always be aesymetric and end badly. Ah hah! Scientific method put into practice in every day life! Sort of. When new data come along re: scorpios, i will change my thinking.