Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Shau wrote:
Based on what I've read, I can't suspect someone else either. It's probably just Aspies being social ret*ds as per usual. You're reading too far into it, Boo.

Good with luck this one. A lot of people here on the forums think that finding an AS partner is some kind of silver bullet, but you know better now don't you?

Can you say the same thing about your ex? Even mentally?

First thing that crossed my mind. "She's going to Auckland. Her ex is in Auckland. They were in a relationship for a long time. Ours has only lasted 3 months."

As for as Aspies go I tend to be a lot more cunning, as I didn't exactly fit the "middle class" part of "middle class white men syndrome" very well. That is to say, I grew up in a rough, poor neighborhood and had to learn what's up a lot faster and more reliably than your typical sheltered sperger.

AussieBob
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2013, 9:54 pm

CraftyCatfish wrote:
This means it will be 8 days since the breakup when we have a conversation, so hopefully both of us will have a clear mind.

It's a good idea but I find (in my experiences) it never works. Social anxiety builds over time especially when I know I am meant to do something at a set date/time and besides I rarely manage to say what I want to.

For me, I can most clearly communicate by sending an emal / card / letter / carrier pigeon ... and then follow that up with a chat. Maybe go to the conversation with a letter covering what you want to say, have her read it - then talk?

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 10:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
Apologize.

What for?

Because men must always apologize, and you're a man. /sarcasm. For TheygoMew, men are always wrong, women are always right, and men have to worship them.

Yep on your knees! You know me so well :sunny:

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 10:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Shau wrote:
Based on what I've read, I can't suspect someone else either. It's probably just Aspies being social ret*ds as per usual. You're reading too far into it, Boo.

Good with luck this one. A lot of people here on the forums think that finding an AS partner is some kind of silver bullet, but you know better now don't you?

You've never imagined there might be a third party in her mind, did you?

You aspie guys are more likely to be naïve.

And your more likely to always think someone is cheating. Maybe she isn't?

You never have any good experiences with women because you hate them and think the worst of them which actually makes it look like projection.

Not all aspies are naïve and NT's can be clueless in that area as well when love is blind. So nice of you to pretend it's and aspie only thing.

CraftyCatfish
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Dec 2013, 9:58 am

AussieBob wrote:
CraftyCatfish wrote:
This means it will be 8 days since the breakup when we have a conversation, so hopefully both of us will have a clear mind.

It's a good idea but I find (in my experiences) it never works. Social anxiety builds over time especially when I know I am meant to do something at a set date/time and besides I rarely manage to say what I want to.

For me, I can most clearly communicate by sending an emal / card / letter / carrier pigeon ... and then follow that up with a chat. Maybe go to the conversation with a letter covering what you want to say, have her read it - then talk?

I was under the impression writing a letter is considered 'wimping out' and is seen in a negative light. However, I can see that it would ensure that A) she gets time to think over the content, unlike a conversations and B) doesn't feel any anxiety about the arranged date. Getting herself 'ready' etc... I was already thinking that during the conversation I would whip out a piece of paper with pictoral diagrams of what went wrong; I actually already drew a few pages when I was thinking it through to help me digest the issues.

Perhaps I will send a letter, and give a 'call me when you've read this'.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 10:46 am

CraftyCatfish wrote:
AussieBob wrote:
CraftyCatfish wrote:

I was under the impression writing a letter is considered 'wimping out' and is seen in a negative light. However, I can see that it would ensure that A) she gets time to think over the content, unlike a conversations and B) doesn't feel any anxiety about the arranged date. Getting herself 'ready' etc... I was already thinking that during the conversation I would whip out a piece of paper with pictoral diagrams of what went wrong; I actually already drew a few pages when I was thinking it through to help me digest the issues.

Perhaps I will send a letter, and give a 'call me when you've read this'.

This is already way too complicated. While you are at it, maybe take some time to think about what she may want out of a relationship and what it is that you bring to the relationship specifically. We all have to bring something to the table and it has to be what the other person wants, otherwise, it doesn't work out.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 11:13 am

TheygoMew wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Shau wrote:

You've never imagined there might be a third party in her mind, did you?

You aspie guys are more likely to be naïve.

And your more likely to always think someone is cheating. Maybe she isn't?

You never have any good experiences with women because you hate them and think the worst of them which actually makes it look like projection.

Not all aspies are naïve and NT's can be clueless in that area as well when love is blind. So nice of you to pretend it's and aspie only thing.

oh come on, everyone can see you are a man hater and think the worst of them.

Good try for projection.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 11:34 am

CraftyCatfish wrote:
Yes, she was looking for an exit, the reason being the stagnation of the relationship making it no longer worthwhile for her. That is enough of a reason; she was being pushed away by that and didn't need another bloke to pull her too.

Shau I've got to agree with you on that. Provided you get the communication right, I think it is possible to create a much stronger bond with another aspie than with an NT. NTs often say their NT partners 'really understand them', but with AS/AS it is the truth.

Basically I feel like this is the sort of issue which should be fixed, rather than running away from the problem. In my head I just can't accept the idea of running away from such a problem once the required solution has been identified. Now I'm just frustrated because she won't respond to my message. If she ain't said anything to me once boxing day is over I'll have to get a friend in to talk her round and convince her to talk to me. Even if we don't get back together despite the sheer force of the logic which says we should, I won't be happy until I know she understands my position and the mistake which was made.

Yes, you've mentioned lack of sex/intimacy and the one sex experience was bad for her, meaning that you have probably failed to make her secrete enough Oxycontin throughout the relationship; this hormone which is essential to build up a feeling of "bond" after sex. With that being missing, nothing would work and she would be more likely to seek someone who gives her that feeling.
Yes, humans are apes.

CraftyCatfish
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

leafplant wrote:
This is already way too complicated. While you are at it, maybe take some time to think about what she may want out of a relationship and what it is that you bring to the relationship specifically. We all have to bring something to the table and it has to be what the other person wants, otherwise, it doesn't work out.

This gets me thinking, but in what direction I'm unsure. Is this really complicated? To me it seems rather simple; relationship stagnated because we didn't communicate (in a way compatible with our aspie heads) that we wanted to move forward. It is difficult to say exactly what you bring; I've never had to think about it as we seemed to be attracted to each other from the offset. I can think of ways in which we are matched; I'm incredibly organised and always know the time whilst she doesn't really have a concept of time, and thus somewhat relies on me for these things. Is that the sort of thing you mean? The two of us are a great match; our friends and parents have all commented on how well suited we seemed.

To me it seems she wanted a man who would move it forward, and because I used more NT communication methods for that she perceived that I couldn't. If she sees that I understand the mistake and knows that I can fix it, then surely the issue is moot.

Also guys can we quit it with the ad hominem?