Probably 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Yes!! ! At the first chance! 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I would, and already have! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 39

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:05 am

I am studying the rare but interesting phenomena of 2 people marrying, divorcing, and remarrying each other.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:29 am

I voted no.

Btw,hell is traditionally hot. Which is why the saying, "Not a snowball's chance in hell" would apply in this case. :)

willa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:52 am

had to go maybe. sooo many factors to consider. was there cheating and lying involed? age? etc etc. Pretty solid no if the divorce was due to cheating. But other more amicable reasons could be overcome. In my early 30s i'm still changing and growing as are my tastes and preferences so I can absolutely see a situation where I may have married someone, grew to dislike them, divorced then years later on happen to find we've both aged/grew/changed into something more compatible or back into compatibility.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 9:30 am

I don't think you're gonna find a lot of people on this forum that have ever gotten married, lol

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 9:40 am

I'd rather be dead.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

Out of interest ..

Of the 9 who have voted so far, how many are actually divorced?

I am divorced, and I voted no.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 10:34 am

Marcia wrote:
Out of interest ..

Of the 9 who have voted so far, how many are actually divorced?

I am divorced, and I voted no.

:oops: I voted MAYBE even though I'm not married. That was the only way I could view the results. I figured voting in the middle wouldn't throw it off

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 11:06 am

I've been married and divorced, and I voted "No."

Reason:
I'm still in contact and he is now even busier in his life than the "busy" that drove us apart the first time around. He has no time for a decent marriage, so it's a definite no for me. Besides the fact that I'm no longer in love with him and got sick of every little thing about him. We were virtually the couple from "The War of the Roses" by the time all was said and done. :lol:

Not going back there!

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

Divorced and married now but if i wasnt?
Not in the coldest reaches of a frozen over hell atop a pile of snowballs.
She is a toxic person, bad mojo to be around.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm

My wife was previously married to someone she divorced. She says it was a huge mistake to remarry him for a second time... things started out better initially then things went downhill rapidly to how they were before they split up and divorced the first time. So with him she married, divorced, remarried, re-divorced.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

saxifraga wrote:

Yikes.

I always say "When hell freezes over and the devil gives snowboard lessons to flying pigs"

But yours is stronger

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

Asperger96 wrote:
saxifraga wrote:

Yikes.

I always say "When hell freezes over and the devil gives snowboard lessons to flying pigs"

But yours is stronger

Toxic indeed, married on a wednesday evening... monday morning im on the phone with my lawyer.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 2:03 pm

Marcia wrote:
hell is traditionally hot. Which is why the saying, "Not a snowball's chance in hell" would apply in this case. :)

But Hades was considered cold and dark, as the Underworld was in most ancient religions - and Hell has for some time been equated with Hades, so you can has your choice of fictional climes in the realm of lost souls. :twisted:

Asperger96 wrote:
I am studying the rare but interesting phenomena of 2 people marrying, divorcing, and remarrying each other.

I've been married and divorced three times and had as many near misses that just never became legally sanctioned.

The only one I loved deeply, passionately - eternally - was the first. On a level beyond which normal people can even imagine. I would have happily died for her. A part of me did. It would take pages to explain and nobody wants to hear all that, suffice to say we were young and our families could not resist meddling.

When it failed, I was devastated, literally in shock. For months I wandered around in a daze, as if I had barely survived a bomb blast. The pain was a physical agony that lasted for years. Parts of my psyche were damaged beyond repair. I am no longer capable of that kind of emotion. Oh, I can care about people, certainly, and very deeply - but not like that. Those emotional nerve endings are permanently dead.

Long story short, that was almost 35 years ago. Several years after that catastrophe, we met again, and over the years have crossed paths from time to time, had a brief bittersweet tryst and continued to wander. We've both remarried multiple times, had families and careers and still keep in touch. The love between us has never been extinguished and the suggestion that no one ultimately wants to end their life alone has been broached. I'm not sure how to respond to that and may have already missed my chance to respond to it.

Would I remarry her? It's the strangest feeling I can imagine. Once it was the only thing I wanted in all the world. I would have sold my soul for it. Now, after all the pain and the loss and the years of emptiness - I'm afraid of it. I don't think I have the courage to thrust my hands into that flame again.

saxifraga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm

Willard wrote:
Long story short, that was almost 35 years ago. Several years after that catastrophe, we met again, and over the years have crossed paths from time to time, had a brief bittersweet tryst and continued to wander. We've both remarried multiple times, had families and careers and still keep in touch. The love between us has never been extinguished and the suggestion that no one ultimately wants to end their life alone has been broached. I'm not sure how to respond to that and may have already missed my chance to respond to it.

Would I remarry her? It's the strangest feeling I can imagine. Once it was the only thing I wanted in all the world. I would have sold my soul for it. Now, after all the pain and the loss and the years of emptiness - I'm afraid of it. I don't think I have the courage to thrust my hands into that flame again.

I had one like that, we werent married but lived together for years. Ripped my guts out when it ended, triggered my worst meltdown ever, took me a long time to get over. Ten years after that we tried the friends with benefits thing, meh, no sparks flew. We did discuss a time or two that if we hit sixty and were still single we would marry for convenience, build a big duplex type house that shared a kitchen or den or something but that was just methinks a lot of talk. i'm happily married now anyway and as happy in life as i figure i can ever be.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm

new adventures awaits me!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

About ten mnts after I posted the SOB showed up.
F him and the horse he rode in on.