Okay so here's my situation.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

wwffan7385
Raven
Raven

11 Feb 2007, 4:31 pm

I was dating this girl for 4 months back in my senior year of high school. This was 4 years ago. Last week, she came back after filing for divorce with this other guy and she IMed me. Yesterday, we met and really had a good time together.

I am AS and she understands that. I was just wondering if this is the right move to pursue her again.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 4:32 pm

My advice is to see how things progress, and then go from there.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 5:26 pm

wwffan7385 wrote:
I was dating this girl for 4 months back in my senior year of high school. This was 4 years ago. Last week, she came back after filing for divorce with this other guy and she IMed me. Yesterday, we met and really had a good time together.

I am AS and she understands that. I was just wondering if this is the right move to pursue her again.

I'd have to say be...cautious...... It could work, but personally I'm now paranoid as hell about being "that guy" that a girl goes to after the s**t hits the fan, that they use until they're back on their feet and then they toss aside.

consilience
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2007, 8:48 pm

Yeah being a rebound guy blows.

Most girls are evil, they will try to suck out your soul and use it to make Prada bags or whatever they do with souls.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 8:51 pm

consilience wrote:

Most girls are evil, they will try to suck out your soul and use it to make Prada bags or whatever they do with souls.
They put them in a jar on their nightstand and laugh at them right before they go to bed. :lol:

I'm just kidding.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 12:01 am

Don't talk to her again until the divorce is final and completely dealt with.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 12:31 am

rpm2004 wrote:
consilience wrote:

They put them in a jar on their nightstand and laugh at them right before they go to bed. :lol:

I'm just kidding.

First we poke them. THEN we laugh at them. ;)

I kid. I kid.

If you like her, hang out with her some more and see how it goes. I wouldn't rush into anything but enjoy your time with her.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 1:01 am

No.

NO.

NO.

Rebound is bad. way bad.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 1:20 am

She sought you out; she may be interested. Just take things slowly enough so that she doesn't feel you are jumping into the physical side of things i.e. trying to take advantage of her because she's vulnerable right now (going through a divorce). In other words, go along, but let her make the moves for now.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 1:26 am

I tried to edit my post but it did not work.

I reread your post, and noticed that she has only now filed for divorce. I had thought her divorce was all but finished. So that said, do not date a married woman. She could be looking to play either you or her husband. You don't want to be named as a cause for divorce in court, and you do not want to have your heart broken if she goes back to her husband. So until her decree is final or all but final, do not go out on a date or see her in person. Keep it to PG rated computer talk.

I once dated a man who had been divorced for 2 years. He ended up going back to his ex wife who lived in another city and dated her long distance, after breaking up with me (we dated over a year). So that was about 3 or more years after their divorce and he still had a thing for her and went back to her. She dumped him after cheating on him, but that still didn't change my aspect of things.

Just be her friend, if anything, until she is good and divorced. That is my advice, if you want to take it.

Geistmann
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

I'd say be VERY careful. Don't be the re-bound guy. I've been there way too many times and have been burned just as many.