Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2014, 3:54 pm

So last night I was talking to a friend and he gave me the number of the girl I like. So without making this post a 5 page essay I'm simply asking what do I say because I really don't want to mess this up.

Just a few more details of it helps, were friends and talk quite a bit in school but not outside of it. Were both juniors in high school of that affects anything.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

When you see this girl next... Ask her for her phone number. You may already have it, but I don't think she would have given your friend permission to hand out her phone number to others.

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2014, 6:09 pm

I have a feeling that calling her when she didn't give you her number could make things very strange and potentially uncomfortable for her. Unless your friend was relaying the number at her request, I believe it is wrong for him to be giving her number out. A phone number is a personal thing; he shouldn't be sharing that without permission.

My personal position is to destroy the number: if she wants you to have it she will give it to you, herself.

loudzoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm

Deuterium wrote:
My personal position is to destroy the number

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

If one of her friends (that was a girl) gave it to you, the situation would be different (it's just one of those games that girls play), but in this case: get rid of it, and purge it from your memory, lest ye be cast into the depths of creeperland.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm

Ask your friend if she knows he gave her number to you.

Also, make sure he actually is your friend before doing so.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2014, 7:09 pm

It seems everybody agrees my friend wasn't in a position to give me the number. So I won't use it, but as the first response suggested I'll talk to her tomorrow and see if she will give it to me herself. That's probably something I should have done a while ago anyway, I just get scared and don't end up asking.