Proof that genuinely nice men get women

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 4:04 pm

Case Study 1: My co-worker and friend, Garry. He's one of the nicest people I know, he's always helping his co-workers and clients, he loves to have a chat to his friends and if you're in a sticky situation he will even stay back late to help you out. He's also the type of guy who will offer to drive me to the train station and lend me his umbrella. He's also offered to lend me his trailer when I've moved houses. What got him his lovely wife? He's a funny bloke, very cheeky and very intelligent. He's also a hard-worker and pretty thick-skinned.

Case Study 2: My other co-worker, Bob, and his wife who is serveral decades younger than him. Now, Bob ain't much to look at, and he can be very abrupt sometimes, but he's another bloke who is very polite and hard-working. He's also easy to talk to and also very amusing. He has a big interest in travelling too, which is great for interesting stories.

Case Study 3: The 2IC, Grant. Grant is a bit quieter than Bob and Garry (and he's a filthy Geelong supporter) but he has a lovely wife and child. He can always laugh at himself and is a great people-manager. He also looks out for his co-workers and will defend us to the end. Again, he's a hard-worker and very intelligent.

Case Study 4: My ex. Now, we're not together any more because oil and water don't mix, but I would NEVER had fallen for him if he wasn't the polite, sensitive boy that he is. What really hooked me is when at dance class he sat down next to me and asked me to dance. Because he showed interest in me, I wasn't so quick to write him off.

And in all of these cases the wife/me has also been hard-working and earning her own salary.

Yes, there are going to be women out there who don't want you. And yes, they're going to use the "you're too nice" excuse in an attempt to save your feelings (Would you rather "you're too nice" or "An AVO is too expensive?"). In most cases though, they're simply just not attracted to you for whatever reason. There are plenty of men out there who I SHOULD be attracted to, but I'm not. Same with blokes, there are plenty of women out there that they SHOULD be atttracted to but they aren't. These people are great on paper, nice people with good senses of humour, interesting people with ambition and goals, even good-looking people but we simply aren't attracted to them. Guess what? People are allowed to not be attracted to others. And if it seems no one is attracted to you, then maybe look at the common denominator in all of your interactions.

*sits and waits for the "Yeah, but all the worlds problems are still caused by women" crowd to arrive)

:lol:

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 4:38 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
*sits and waits for the "Yeah, but all the worlds problems are still caused by women" crowd to arrive)
I blame the women for all the world problems and beyond!! ! *Sees a group with pitchforks and torches marching towards him* Just kidding! Just kidding! 8O
*Get's tomato thrown at face* I said I was kidding! :cry:

But seriously, I don't roam around much in the L&D section so I'm not entirely sure why you had to write down that "REAL" nice guys can get girlfriends/women/whatevs but that's common sense. If nice guys weren't able to get relationships we'd be having a serious population crisis.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

Yes, we do (eventually) 8)

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 4:57 pm

Case Study 3: The 2IC, Grant. Grant is a bit quieter than Bob and Garry (and he's a filthy Geelong supporter) but he has a lovely wife and child. He can always laugh at himself and is a great people-manager. He also looks out for his co-workers and will defend us to the end. Again, he's a hard-worker and very intelligent.

Well, which AFL team do you cheer for/support/barrack come footy season?

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 5:01 pm

Douglas_MacNeill wrote:

Well, which AFL team do you cheer for/support/barrack come footy season?

I'm a pure and noble Brisbane Lion thank you 8)