Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ToShinTim
Raven
Raven

19 May 2014, 2:54 am

....are always the best. Agreed? I'm so glad.

Anyways.

I've finally met someone, and she and I are planning on meeting in a couple days. Is it a "date"? I'd like to think so, but I'm really not sure, honestly. Everyone says to just "be yourself," which I plan on doing, but which "self" should I be? That is to say, part of me wants to dress up a bit in a suit jacket, tshirt, and pants, but the other half of me is saying "just get a nice polo and jeans and you'll be golden."

Which "me" do I listen to? I have been known to randomly dress up for no reason, but is that really appropriate for this?

Help please

SquidinHostBody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2014, 3:01 am

Which will you be more comfortable in? Considering you're meeting for the first time, I'll assume this is an online liaison. Just dress comfortably, and don't overdo it. Treat it like an outing with any other friend or date.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 11:56 am

Depends on how she herself dresses. If you don't know this, then better to overdress on first date.

CynicalWaffle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2014, 12:02 pm

My favorite phrase, and one that I made up, is "she's a girl, not a goddess." Act accordingly.

ToShinTim
Raven
Raven

19 May 2014, 2:04 pm

Quote:
My favorite phrase, and one that I made up, is "she's a girl, not a goddess." Act accordingly.

What?