Sex aversion and trying to date?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

I'm 19 and experience sex aversion. Sometimes things work out fine, most of the time not. I've dated one guy before. I have a date today and I just feel hopeless about it. I don't know if things would work out or not if we end up dating, and I don't know if it's worth it to put him through me trying to figure it out. Should I continue seeing him (we know each other pretty well already from an old job, I feel like we'll see more of each other)?

He's 25, if it adds anything. Which makes me even more nervous. At least teen guys are a little more expectant of hesitance, you know? But he and I are on the same page with everything else.

And it isn't just sex... I can have issues with just kissing sometimes. Well, no kissing is alright, but as soon as there is tongue I get so uncomfortable that I'm probably really bad at making out....

I don't think I've ever been sexually abused, but physically and psychologically, absolutely.
I'm really interested in him though?

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2014, 11:53 am

I think you're going to have to explain the situation, rather than confuse him, and then que sera sera. But you might be best off looking for other people who really don't want sex much if at all. They do exist.