It depends 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Other?? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2020, 8:33 am

What do you guys think about using relationships as a distraction? I'm not saying to just be with someone for the time being...not a FWB either. I'm just saying see where the relationship takes you. Not setting a time limit and just like genuinely being there.
Kinda hard to explain- Basically being with someone you can spoil and pamper, but neither have a say in what you do when not with the other. Either of you can break it off at any time. Is it just Florida that has things like this? :?:

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 1:04 pm

HighVamp913 wrote:
What do you guys think about using relationships as a distraction? I'm not saying to just be with someone for the time being...not a FWB either. I'm just saying see where the relationship takes you. Not setting a time limit and just like genuinely being there.
Kinda hard to explain- Basically being with someone you can spoil and pamper, but neither have a say in what you do when not with the other. Either of you can break it off at any time. Is it just Florida that has things like this? :?:

Sounds fine to me as long as it's by fully-informed mutual consent, not just one person using another person who desires and expects something different.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 6:18 pm

HighVamp913 wrote:

Isn't this how friendships generally work?

If there is an interest, you stay friends.
If not, you move on.

I see no problem with what you are suggesting, as long as both parties are aware of what is happening, as Mona mentioned. :wink:

But this is coming from a guy who is clueless in relationships, so keep that in mind. :mrgreen:

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 6:32 pm

I think in modern western terms, sure, what you say sounds fairly normal
(although when it comes to being a man, at least in the UK, it is usually the man's job to do all the spoiling and pampering, making all the effort, making the first move etc. that's why there are even more single ASD people in the UK than other countries...).

In hindsight, I am not sure what to advise, as i guess it all depends on your own circumstances / psychological make up.

In a traditionalist sense, i guess the right thing to do would be to look for someone who you really have a lot of attraction to as well as have a lot in common with. Common ground being values, perhaps religion, interests etc.

In a modern sense, sure, rebound relationships can help you escape from any pain you are suffering,
but be careful that these rebound relationships don't end up damaging you as a person

I also think that people can damage the people who they use to distract them

I am not judging but just trying to provide some thought provoking debate

I know some girls sleep around, but think that doing so may end up in them self loathing them
some don't though, some girls are just party girls, just how they are, and how some always will be

i guess it really depends on what you are looking for ultimately in life

not everyone is the same
some girls aren't that interested in being serious, not that interested in playing happy families
others all they want is a happy family

so yep, depends on what you want.

i am not judging i am just saying do what you feel is right in your heart

if it feels wrong don't do it
if it doesn't feel wrong

then who am i to judge
be aware of the dangers are of sleeping around though

although if you are 17 you are young

just stay clear of hard drugs like heroin, crystal and crack
and you should be fine

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2020, 10:10 pm

I'm the one to pamper cause I'm usually the more dominant in the relationship. I'm more of a party person. Drink till I drop type thing. Pills yes, smoking yes, drinking hands down. Anything to distract.

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~