Page 4 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 1:47 am

starvingartist wrote:
tarantella64 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
OP I sympathize with you. I can not even maintain an erection in a condom to save my life. In fact the first time I had sex, the girl kept getting mad at me, because I couldn't stay hard. You CAN find a women that is willing to go on birth control, but you have to be in a serious relationship. Also you better make sure you trust that person very well. I've been in relationship where I didn't need to use condoms, but I knew they were on the pills. All of my male friends that have girlfriends don't need to use condoms. Usually when you start in a relationship, the girl expects you to use them, but once you're with them for awhile you can talk to them about birth control. So, those women ARE out there, they're just harder to find. Also honestly no woman is going to want you to use a condom to prevent her from getting an STD, if you're in a serious relationship and she trusts you, she'll know you don't have any diseases. The main concern at that point would be getting her pregnant. Maybe a vasectomy might be worth investing into, if you don't want kids.

Keep in mind that many women just won't use hormonal birth control because it's...well, it has systemic effects. Hormones are pretty potent things. Pregnancy's not something I need to worry about anymore, but pills aren't an experiment I'd try again. All the other birth-control methods beyond condoms carry real physical risks, too. An IUD means a doctor visit to have an object put into your uterus...and yeah, things do go wrong. Tube-tying's a surgery and often irreversible. So if a woman's not inclined to do these things, it's for pretty good reasons. Not saying it's a problem all the time, but yeah, there are condom lifers out there. If you're quite serious about the girl and you dislike condoms enough to have surgery to avoid them, then I agree, looking into having a vasectomy may be a good idea.

yeah i would get my tubes tied before i would go back on the pill; and if i ever find myself in a serious LTR again, i will definitely talk to my doctor about tubal ligation (there's just no way i'm dosing myself with hormones like that ever again.)

also, if in a LTR, until i saw actual test results showing a guy is clean, i would never have sex without a condom. i've known someone who had HPV and didn't tell the guy she was dating until after they were already sexually active--and this was a friend who, until i found out about that, i would have called a trustworthy person. i'm just not willing to take those kinds of risks with my health.

from what I've read there is no way to test guys for HPV its a concern which is why I am getting the vaccine, though odds are I already got one type of it since I've kissed 3 women.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 1:48 am

have you tried emailing them?

I once couldn't log in to okc and my profile was gone too. I emailed them finally(took forever to find it) after waiting a few days they got back to me. It was some error in their system. They didn't know why it happen, but restored my profile.

could be something similar on pof

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:21 am

no one mentioned the diaphragm. the safest (least side effects) method of birth control is a barrier method backed up by abortion. it says so in the package insert for every prescription of the pill.

djw2398
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2014, 7:53 am

Yeah, I emailed them, they sent me back a generic message that pretty much said they were overwhelmed and they'd get back to me as soon as they can. I don't really care anymore though, of all the people I know that have used an online dating site only one ever had a good, successful relationship out of it. I hope it stays deleted so I don't have to go back and do it myself.

Condoms aren't foolproof: a friend of mine caught herpes from a woman he picked up at a bar. They can give a false sense of safety and lead to irresponsible behavior. As far as safe sex goes, there really is no such thing. Even someone you think you can trust, who has proven they are STD free, could cheat and catch something, then spread it to you. You can't ever fully know another person, hell, I don't think I even really fully understand myself. The key is just to try to minimize the risks and be responsible about it. That is what we all do seem to agree on. The thing is there are a lot of options out there, as many have noted on here, some work for some people and some work for others, and someone that doesn't use one particular one isn't necessarily spreading around diseases to unsuspecting women and having a bunch of illegitimate children.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:10 am

starvingartist wrote:
tarantella64 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
OP I sympathize with you. I can not even maintain an erection in a condom to save my life. In fact the first time I had sex, the girl kept getting mad at me, because I couldn't stay hard. You CAN find a women that is willing to go on birth control, but you have to be in a serious relationship. Also you better make sure you trust that person very well. I've been in relationship where I didn't need to use condoms, but I knew they were on the pills. All of my male friends that have girlfriends don't need to use condoms. Usually when you start in a relationship, the girl expects you to use them, but once you're with them for awhile you can talk to them about birth control. So, those women ARE out there, they're just harder to find. Also honestly no woman is going to want you to use a condom to prevent her from getting an STD, if you're in a serious relationship and she trusts you, she'll know you don't have any diseases. The main concern at that point would be getting her pregnant. Maybe a vasectomy might be worth investing into, if you don't want kids.

Keep in mind that many women just won't use hormonal birth control because it's...well, it has systemic effects. Hormones are pretty potent things. Pregnancy's not something I need to worry about anymore, but pills aren't an experiment I'd try again. All the other birth-control methods beyond condoms carry real physical risks, too. An IUD means a doctor visit to have an object put into your uterus...and yeah, things do go wrong. Tube-tying's a surgery and often irreversible. So if a woman's not inclined to do these things, it's for pretty good reasons. Not saying it's a problem all the time, but yeah, there are condom lifers out there. If you're quite serious about the girl and you dislike condoms enough to have surgery to avoid them, then I agree, looking into having a vasectomy may be a good idea.

yeah i would get my tubes tied before i would go back on the pill; and if i ever find myself in a serious LTR again, i will definitely talk to my doctor about tubal ligation (there's just no way i'm dosing myself with hormones like that ever again.)

also, if in a LTR, until i saw actual test results showing a guy is clean, i would never have sex without a condom. i've known someone who had HPV and didn't tell the guy she was dating until after they were already sexually active--and this was a friend who, until i found out about that, i would have called a trustworthy person. i'm just not willing to take those kinds of risks with my health.

Fair enough. Getting a blood test is pretty easy and doesn't cost me anything with my insurance. Well as far as I know, my insurance just changed. Anyway the only thing is, since I had a blood test after I broke up with my psychotic ex, "high risk sexual behavior" is listed on my medical chart. Thankfully this doesn't affect my insurance though, nor do I care it's listed, as long as my insurance isn't affected.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:38 am

Hey what ever happened to the good old days, where there was no argument, just if you liked and wanted someone you just knock them over the head then take them back to the cave, dating problem solved! (just may want to ask her before clubbing her if she wants to go with or not)

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 12:20 pm

Just to clarify, when I was moderating on OKC, the ratio of male nude photos to female nude photos was about 20-25 male:1 female. It may be that that was the actual number being posted, or it may be that the female nudes were not getting reported as much. (IOW, women viewing men's profiles were more likely to report nudes than were men viewing women's profiles.)

So, yeah, either guys are waaaaaaay more likely to post photos of their junk than women are, or guys are much less likely to complain about female nude photos, or a combination of both.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

To the OP: I have no idea why you were cut off from POF unless the woman you were talking to complained about you. Based on what you have said, the moderators had no reason to ban you unless she registered a complaint.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 12:47 pm

When you brought up sex, she may have thought that was all you were after. There are some guys out there who will only be interested in a woman and take her out because they want sex but he isn't that into her. That is why you have to be careful when you bring it up or make the move. There are some women out there like that too.

As a woman it's always creepy when a guy brings up sex when we have just met. Why is he even thinking about it already? Doesn't he want to know me first and see how well we get along and how compatible we are before we go there? Is he so desperate to get laid? Does he even care about me as a person? Is he just going out with me hoping to get laid than just to be with me?

Lot of women do not like desperate men. But I still don't see it as a reason to get you banned or to report you. I would have just ignored and move on.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

^^ The OP has said that she brought it up first.....

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 12:55 pm

djw2398 wrote:
The problem was that I was in no way violating their policies. If they actually did a review of my account, they would have seen that. They have a policy against anything sexual in the first message you send, but this was like at least the 100th, and she brought the subject up first. We had been talking on pof and the phone for about two weeks.

Well I don't know then. Since she brought it up first, I don't know why she would act weird all of a sudden and freak out and get you blocked from the site.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:10 pm

djw2398 wrote:
The problem was that I was in no way violating their policies. If they actually did a review of my account, they would have seen that. They have a policy against anything sexual in the first message you send, but this was like at least the 100th, and she brought the subject up first. We had been talking on pof and the phone for about two weeks.

It's pretty clear what's going on here. POF makes its revenue by smothering the site with ads. So when a woman emails them and says "THIS GUY IS LITERALLY HITLER" it's much easier to ban one person rather than run the risk of some guy running off a lot of female users, which are far smaller in number than male users. By banning on demand, they'll lose a few pageviews as opposed to potentially losing a ton of pageviews.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

League_Girl wrote:
When you brought up sex, she may have thought that was all you were after. There are some guys out there who will only be interested in a woman and take her out because they want sex but he isn't that into her. That is why you have to be careful when you bring it up or make the move. There are some women out there like that too.

As a woman it's always creepy when a guy brings up sex when we have just met. Why is he even thinking about it already? Doesn't he want to know me first and see how well we get along and how compatible we are before we go there? Is he so desperate to get laid? Does he even care about me as a person? Is he just going out with me hoping to get laid than just to be with me?

Lot of women do not like desperate men. But I still don't see it as a reason to get you banned or to report you. I would have just ignored and move on.

sexual compatibility is as important as others kinds. I don't bring it up right away bu after a week or so of chatting it comes up either by me or them. many people do not want to wast their time with a guy/girl who will not want the same things sexual. it seems the same as bringing up other forms of interest.

rather have that then date her for 3 months have sex and then be dumped cause we have different sexual ideas.

StrangeG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2014, 6:14 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Just to clarify, when I was moderating on OKC, the ratio of male nude photos to female nude photos was about 20-25 male:1 female. It may be that that was the actual number being posted, or it may be that the female nudes were not getting reported as much. (IOW, women viewing men's profiles were more likely to report nudes than were men viewing women's profiles.)

So, yeah, either guys are waaaaaaay more likely to post photos of their junk than women are, or guys are much less likely to complain about female nude photos, or a combination of both.

Not you too. No one on this thread said women are sending more nude pics than men. What was said was that men and women seem to misbehave in different ways. The women who do cruel things on POF that I have encountered did not do so with images. I have tried to avoid listing the behaviors I have encountered to avoid sounding like I'm making broad gender based generalizations, but since that message just isn't getting through I'll be more specific.

The thread was started by someone who appears to have encountered a woman who played the victim to get him banned when he did not violate the terms of service. I have encountered women who find it funny to ask a man to buy flowers and other such gifts for their first meeting, then stand them up and send mocking text messages, or in the case of a female friend of mine who was doing this to other guys, filming them in their moment of disappointment.

To be clear, I am not saying women in general do this. I refuse to hold all members of one gender responsible for the actions of a few, but I seem to be alone in this conviction.

Quite frankly I'd much prefer to see a few unwelcomed images than spend another night driving across town, excited about meeting someone, hoping for just a little love and acceptance, waiting alone in a restaurant for 2 hours, only to get a text message calling me an undatable loser.

If you can somehow take that pain away from me, I'll gladly screen all your penis pics.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 6:54 pm

StrangeG, why do you assume I'm talking to you? Someone brought up the idea that men are more likely to post junk shots on dating sites (or more likely to get reported for doing so), and I'm citing my personal experience as a moderator on a dating site. For general information, no other reason.

I, too, think the OP got badly treated, either by the woman in question, or by POF, or both.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm

Delete all of your cookies from your browser before creating a new account. POF places persistent session IDs in cookies.

Also, I am of the impression that a paid member of POF has a lot more clout than a free member. So, it may not be an issues with what you did or the way you did it. Generally speaking, if a paid member complains about a free member, the free member gets the boot with no further discussion.

POF seems to be accumulating a lot of strange women. I don't use it anymore, but about two weeks ago I looked, after discussing it with some other guys. Almost every freak and crazy woman was still there. In a few years, it will be nothing but nuts.