When you have nothing in common with girls your age

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

trippnorris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2014, 12:33 am

I am 37 and with no kids and I have never been married. I still live at home which is a complete turn off probably to most females. I seem to have nothing in common with any decent woman my age. The ones that are decent and single seem to want to be single. Most are married and have families. Most of my friends are younger than me most in their 20s some early 20s. When it comes to girls it seems like I have more in common with women 18-24 and none older than that. I am at the age where I shouldn't want to date someone that young but it seems like that's what I am drawn to. Most girls that age are in the same position I am in. Help.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2014, 2:07 am

wow you're like the male version of me.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2014, 5:06 am

In my experience men seem to get away with dating younger women.

I'm the other way round. I have nothing in common with men my age and tend to get on better with those older than me.

My point is not everyone fits into the same mould. We get along with who we get along with regardless of age. Don't feel bad about it. People may raise their eyebrows if you date an 18 year old, but 24 doesn't seem too young really.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 7:23 pm

You live at home? How is that unattractive, most people do unless they are homeless.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 9:42 pm

He means he lives with his parents.

That's a tough one. If you drive, you may have to search in a larger city, but most women will want a guy who's independent.

Are there any disability groups near you?