We're both too shy... Or does he not like me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Meril
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2014, 9:10 pm

I like this guy and I think he likes me, but neither of us are bold enough to make a move. He sometimes looks at me and when I see he just smiles and looks kinda happy, but I don't know how long because I always look away first. Also in class when either we have to discuss something with someone else and we're done or when there is some kind of pause we talk, he smiles and seems upset when the teacher starts teaching again. He is also just really really nice to me and seems happy and nervous. Last year one of our teachers seemed to be trying to set us up, (seating us right next to echother alot and making comments about how well we worked together while kinda smilling) so maybe we look like we like eachother or make a good couple. Am I misreading signals? Do you think he likes me? He is a good friend and I don't want to make things akward. If he does like me, what do I do? We go to different schools next year and I don't want to lose this chance. Last year when I though he liked me he dated one of my friends for like a day until her parents said she couldn't date. This friend has moved. I am trying to get ahold of her to ask permission. School is really draining for me and I'll be busy o maybe it's not a good idea. He is less busy than me and handles school better as well. His parents are getting divorced but he's still happy. I don't want him to support me and then when the tables turn me have nothing left for him. What should I do? I really like him. I think.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 11:48 pm

mebbe ask him out for coffee someplace? or walk in the park together?

Czarue
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm

My advice is not to make a big deal out of opening up to him. He has already dated another girl and therefore should not be put off by the thought of going on a date with you. If you ever get a chance to talk to him in private, you should speak what's on your mind. After all, what's the worst that could happen if you do you think, and what's the best? Weight your options. "You have nothing to lose but your chains", "(s)he who dares, wins", and so on...

Even if he would turn you down, you'll feel better and more confident about yourself from having dared to do something you were afraid to.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 2:33 pm

it is HIS loss if he drops the ball. NOT yours. but if you have some interest/sympathy in/for him, then do give him multiple reasonable chances, he might swing a home run in the top of the ninth, so to speak.

Meril
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2014, 2:22 pm

Thanks!
Auntblabby:could you please explain your metaphor?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm

Meril wrote:
Thanks!
Auntblabby:could you please explain your metaphor?

give him enough patient time and he might rise to the occasion.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 2:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. When I was 17 a girl really fancied me but I was clueless and didn't notice. In retrospect she was being really obvious but it just didn't compute. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm

TallyMan wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. When I was 17 a girl really fancied me but I was clueless and didn't notice. In retrospect she was being really obvious but it just didn't compute. :lol:

I NEVER notice a daggone thing unless they come right out and tell me which is about as rare as 30 blue moons put together.

Meril
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2014, 7:54 pm

Is there any way I can find out if he likes me without making things akward if he doesn't?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:56 pm

Meril wrote:
Is there any way I can find out if he likes me without making things akward if he doesn't?

the true test is time. keep making situations that bring you and him together.