How do I get a New Year's kiss from my crush?(without poll)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Meril
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm

I am going to be at a new years party with my crush. This crush is also a good friend of mine. I am not sure if he likes me. Should I try to get a new years kiss? if so, how? Would it kill the moment if I asked him about it before hand? My family will be there, should I be embarrassed?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

I think you should be careful about trying to kiss him if he is an old friend that might not be interested in more than a friendship. I'd be much more inclined to try to "steal" a kiss from a near-stranger I had a crush on than from an old friend that I might want to continue to be friends with afterwards if the romantic interest was not mutual.

Meril
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

I'm not sure that the romantic interest isn't mutual, I was intending on using this to be when I opened up to him about my feelings. I just don't know if he likes me or not.

Meril
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm

I think I understand your post better than I did when I wrote my earlier post. I might try to see how he acts, like if he seems like he likes me I might. On the other hand even if he is interested I don't want to go too quickly and scare him away. Maybe I will flirt with him and see how it goes. How do I flirt without being awkward or too shy? Would casually bringing up the idea earlier (so if he didn't want to it wouldn't be as weird) be a good plan? I don't want it to not work out in front of everybody.

ugh, this is confusing, can I go back to being a little kid?

Anyone ever succeeded with mistletoe? XD

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm

Flirting with him seems like a good idea. Maybe also asking him some more or less innocent questions?

Meril
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm

What are some good "more or less innocent questions"? Should I pull the tradition card? Is hinting at it too much? Could I say how bummed I am that I've never had a new years kiss?

What if my brother's friends get cheeky and suggest it? It's our party, and I'm afraid that since I invited a boy I might get teased, and I don't want this to wreck my chances. That and I'm afraid if my brothers see me kiss him bad things will happen.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:41 am

I think it's better to not go for a full kiss, not during the midnight round. This will put both of you on the spot, which is the wrong way to do it, and might even turn him off of you.

You can, however, invite him to a more secluded spot to watch the fireworks in peace, and discuss there, perhaps lean in for a true kiss in private.

A first kiss around people the other person knows is usually a bad idea, unless you were already dating and/or are 100% sure he (or she) will kiss back, which you aren't, so don't try on the spot.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 6:16 pm

Yeah what above said pretty much. Try to find a moment when you have a bit of privacy and see if he looks interested then you could sort of just go for it. If he is shy about it, then you can just ask him.

Meril
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2014, 10:30 pm

So maybe using this as an excuse to kiss might not be a good idea. :( Could I get away with a kiss on the cheek? My idea was to use this to become than friends. How do I know if he likes me? How can I show my interest without being weird?

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2014, 11:06 pm

On these issues, I always advocate honesty. You'll want the conversation to be private. Start by explaining how he's a good friend and you appreciate that and that you don't want to lose that friendship. Then explain that your feelings have developed beyond friendship.
From what I've seen, this is the best approach regardless of reciprocated feelings or no. Even when the feelings are not reciprocated this approach leads to a more amicable understanding and the friendship is not lost.