Asperger's dating statistics

Page 4 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:37 am

OP, would you feel absolved if you found out that say, fewer than 50% of aspies got laid in high school?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:57 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the under 50% figure applies to ALL high school students these days. Kids tend to be more careful nowadays.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm

Really? If they're worried about VD or unwanted pregnancy, can't they just use protection? Or have their minds been polluted by all that abstinence-only sex education and the junior anti-sex league?

Funny how when I was in high school the majority of students didn't have boyfriends/girlfriends (at least not the ones I knew) and yet now every morning on the train I have to watch all the high-schoolers paired up. professorjohn I think I know how you feel. Not to mention all these commuting students travel further to go to a better school because they care about their grades whereas I walked to the nearest high school (not a very good one) because I didn't care about my grades. Makes me think I should have been like them, bought a railpass and got better grades. Anyway, that's enough regretting the past for one morning.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:15 pm

Seeing people paired up doesn't equal sex.

I know what you mean. I felt the same kind of envy/jealousy you felt. I was a short kid in high school who didn't fit in. I looked younger than I was. I didn't fit into any of the high school "cliques." I used to take the train 1 1/2 hours alone when I lived in Far Rockaway, Queens. The commute was cut down to about an hour once I moved back to Briarwood, Queens. Always alone, though.

In the 70s, people had sex when they were young much more than young people today.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm

I don't get why people compare how much they've dated, how many people they've slept with, with how many people others have dated/slept with in the first place honestly.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 2:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Seeing people paired up doesn't equal sex.

I know what you mean. I felt the same kind of envy/jealousy you felt. I was a short kid in high school who didn't fit in. I looked younger than I was. I didn't fit into any of the high school "cliques." I used to take the train 1 1/2 hours alone when I lived in Far Rockaway, Queens. The commute was cut down to about an hour once I moved back to Briarwood, Queens. Always alone, though.

In the 70s, people had sex when they were young much more than young people today.

Girls are becoming picker, with all this technology, that's why.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 6:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know what you mean. I felt the same kind of envy/jealousy you felt.
Envy over kids and their friends? Not exactly what I was getting at. More like regret at how I didn't take school very seriously, put in little effort and almost didn't graduate from high school. My envy is that nowadays I see high schoolers taking their studies very seriously. This "envy" is more like regret over my own past projecting on to the high schoolers.

I don't envy them because I never could've been like them but because I could've but chose not to. I don't regret not doing things because I couldn't have done them but because I could have. Every November they show some thing on the news about how hard the students are studying for their exams and I think "they'll be in university when they're eighteen, not thirty something. They'll get to attend classes during daylight hours, not after work like I will. If I hadn't wasted the last decade I could have done work and study one at a time.

I've heard some people say that a teenager doesn't have enough foresight to pick out their career but the truth is some do. I've met teenagers who were very mature and skilled at long-term planning and I've met 40 and 50 year olds who acted like children.
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't get why people compare how much they've dated, how many people they've slept with, with how many people others have dated/slept with in the first place honestly.
Is competition not the basis of human civilization? Doing better than someone else is the only reason why some people get out of bed in the morning. From salarymen and their 100 hour work-weeks to Olympic athletes who destroy their bodies for a hunk of metal, everything is competition. The rule of competition applies to both men and women.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Girls are becoming picker, with all this technology, that's why.
Technology isn't the problem. I blame the conservatives and their junior Anti-Sex League.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 6:48 am

Retrogamer: The past is the past.....it really is.

Regretting it now is counterproductive. You're still a young guy. You have good ideas.

Just move forward....don't slip back.

General Ulysses S. Grant took this concept to the extreme: he absolutely refused to backtrack to a previous place, even if going forward he must walk a mile, while backtracking would have cut down the distance to 100 yards.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 6:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have good ideas.
Which ones?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

Just in general. I think you've grown out of your adolescence.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just move forward....don't slip back.

General Ulysses S. Grant took this concept to the extreme: he absolutely refused to backtrack to a previous place, even if going forward he must walk a mile, while backtracking would have cut down the distance to 100 yards.

Hitler had that problem in the battle of Stalingrad. Didn't work out so good for Germany.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just in general. I think you've grown out of your adolescence.
I get it. I had my second childhood at 22 so I could have my second adolescence at 25 :)

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 3:39 pm

My first adolescence didn't go so good. Guess my second one which started around 27 or so went better. I should be hitting adulthood soon, I had better be since I am 48 now.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
I should be hitting adulthood soon
You're already living the life of an adult in just about every way I can think of.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 10:54 am

I will just be happy if I get a girlfriend before age 30. If that doesn't work out, I will try to get a girlfriend before age 40. If that doesn't work out, screw it! I'm getting a mail order bride.

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2015, 11:05 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I will just be happy if I get a girlfriend before age 30. If that doesn't work out, I will try to get a girlfriend before age 40. If that doesn't work out, screw it! I'm getting a mail order bride.

Willingness to consider a mail order bride? Really? You may as well just write "I'm an over-entitled Neanderthal of a jerk. DO NOT DATE ME" on a post it note and tape it to your forehead. Indefinitely.