Does having a Ferrari attract women?

Page 4 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 1:28 am

A lot of women think guys who drive fancy sports cars are pricks. Personally I think sports cars, unless he is a car enthusiast and there is something special to him about the particular car, are a waste of money. Trucks, on the other hand, are generally more practical and utilitarian.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 1:44 am

Chronos wrote:
A lot of women think guys who drive fancy sports cars are pricks. Personally I think sports cars, unless he is a car enthusiast and there is something special to him about the particular car, are a waste of money. Trucks, on the other hand, are generally more practical and utilitarian.
I like my crown vic too hell with the haters and naysayers who drive BMWs unlike their cars my car can handle a lot of abuse and do things a truck can do off road as well!Props to this guy as opposed to the Hummer owner too afraid to make the same track and this is in a car not a truck!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 1:48 am

Chronos wrote:

A few years ago I was living at a rent house in central Texas along with a nephew. One day I got back and there was a corvette parked in the driveway. I came really close to having it towed off. Just in case it might be a friend of my nephew's, I called one of his friends and asked him if any of my nephews friends drove a white corvette. He responded with "no, but his cousin has one".

It turned out to belong to a rather snobby cousin who I don't get along with very well. So there is one prick who drives a fancy sports car. He got rather ticked off when I told him that I almost had it towed since I didn't recognize it.

It always struck me as strange when I lived in Houston that the corvette drivers were usually among the slowest drivers on the road. It was very rare for one to pass me in my old farm truck -- it was usually me passing them.

I don't have a very high opinion of corvettes and corvette owners.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 1:52 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I like my crown vic too hell with the haters and naysayers who drive BMWs unlike their cars my car can handle a lot of abuse and do things a truck can do off road as well!

I knew one local farmer/rancher when I was growing who used a Cadillac for farm work. He'd drive it to and from the fields. When irrigating, he would keep his muddy shovel in it as well.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

Lol I do drive a 1990 civic.. but I'm gay and don't need to drive a nice car to get laid. :P Saves me plenty of money each month! :P When it dies, which could be any time since it has 463k kms and is getting a bit rough.. I might just replace it with the best car available at the moment for under $1000 again. Time will tell what I bother buying. I LIKE cars/trucks, I just can't justify spending much money on one as I have bigger/better financial goals. If someone wouldn't date me because I drive a beater then they're not someone I'd want to date in the first place. Besides, I kiteboard and can justify driving a beater because I need to be able to toss my wet/sandy gear into my car sometimes w/o worrying about the car - that's my excuse - it's a surf/beach car.. yeah, that's it. In reality I've just become ultra frugal so I can continue saving money. Eventually I'll buy something nicer/better, but not yet unless there's a smokin' deal on something I can't pass up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

i'm none of the above. i have a car only because i need it for my job.

I like vintage Vespas, so there's more than three types of people.

I used to have one of those kinds of things when I was 19. It was a couple years old and red. I was working at the strip club then and drove it about 20 miles one way to work every day. Nowdays that seems insane of me but I took that thing on the freeway. I'm terrified now thinking about the fact that I did it lol. It was kind of cook because it was small, I could even pick it up, I could bring it in the house if I wanted and put it in my room but I usually put it in the garage or on the front porch. And it would take me wherever I wanted to go. I never thought about getting hit by other cars, and that's the main thing I think of now when I think about riding it.

The problem with V8 engines is that they're gas hogs. So you're going to be paying a lot of money for gas if you drive one on a regular basis. You can get the same performance from a modern 4 cylinder engine when you have extra vales and a nitro injection system.

I like what I like and that makes me who I am. 8)

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 8:20 pm

Didn't watch the video but is he doing it in a pretty affluent neighborhood? It's like that Elliot Rogers kid, he was driving a pretty nice vehicle IIRC, except, being from a very well off part of town, that sort of power really means nothing to the women that grew up surrounded by it. People want to move up, not lateral.

Cars are just another form of power, however I'll say that most this game is a lot more subtle than simply prancing about in a sexy ride, though women from poorer neighborhoods are obviously easier wins in those bombastic displays of power.

It's the same thing with men that go to third world countries to pick up easy women, they're only easy because they see the man as an upgrade, sexy cars in affluent neighborhoods mean nothing.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 11:33 pm

I just drive fast, tough hatches & wagons. As an overeducated ski bum I need the cargo space & decent fuel economy. Ergonomics, torque & handling matter more than looks & straight line speed for me any day.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2015, 2:11 am

I personally highly dislike Ferraris, so I would have to say "no." Attraction isn't all about materialistic things, especially cars.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:38 am

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
I personally highly dislike Ferraris, so I would have to say "no." Attraction isn't all about materialistic things, especially cars.

Isn't "all", so for you it is partly is. ha!

Typical.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:40 am

Chronos wrote:

Trucks are for business - not a family car to park it under the house. Unless you are referring to those so-called-trucks 4x4 cars.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 3:38 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
eric76 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

Forgot about horse people, didn't you?

Also bicycle people?
Ok so there are more kinds yes Bicycle people, horse people moped people and boat people oh yeah plane and train people too!

How about bus people, rocket people, skateboard people, roller blade people, roller skate people and tank people?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 3:40 pm

Oh, yeah. We can't forget the pogo stick people. :wink:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

I still want an SRT8 300, handling on bends and fuel economy be damned :twisted:. All the "hot hatches" seem to be manual, and I can only drive an auto.

I remember when I saw a Ferrari parked in town, and yes, it was surrounded by a horde of bogan revheads. There's an orange McLaren driving around town at the moment too. The old guy that owns it uses it as his daily driver (which is silly racking up the km's and incurring maintenance on a car like that).

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

i'm none of the above. i have a car only because i need it for my job.

I like vintage Vespas, so there's more than three types of people.

I used to have one of those kinds of things when I was 19. It was a couple years old and red. I was working at the strip club then and drove it about 20 miles one way to work every day. Nowdays that seems insane of me but I took that thing on the freeway. I'm terrified now thinking about the fact that I did it lol. It was kind of cook because it was small, I could even pick it up, I could bring it in the house if I wanted and put it in my room but I usually put it in the garage or on the front porch. And it would take me wherever I wanted to go. I never thought about getting hit by other cars, and that's the main thing I think of now when I think about riding it.

The problem with V8 engines is that they're gas hogs. So you're going to be paying a lot of money for gas if you drive one on a regular basis. You can get the same performance from a modern 4 cylinder engine when you have extra vales and a nitro injection system.

I don't like nitro, and I don't think you could do a quarter in the low 9's with a 4 banger without it. Well, if you put $80 grand into one you might could, but that goes way past pro stock.

I prefer the old school motors. I don't like computer s**t on there and I don't like fuel injection either. I really don't see how it's possible to build a 4cyl with a carb to run that bottom end speed in the original body, without nitrous either. If it's possible to build that kind of pro stock 4 cyl, please tell me how.

I don't mind the gas if the car is what I want. Also, I have no clue how to work on anything that was built after about 1980. If I get a piece car, I want to be able to work on it myself, at home, with regular tools. Not that I'll ever get a car like that again, but you never know.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

If I ever get a car, I want it to be something like a cheap early-90s Japanese econobox that's good on fuel, preferably one I can easily fix myself. If I just need something to get me from point A to point B, why would I need anything more than that?

Now of course, if I ever move to a city, I may consider investing in a good bicycle instead. I'll save money on fuel, get some exercise, AND I won't have to go for my license. The only real obstacle is that I'll have to find one that can handle winter conditions, or at least be converted to do so.