Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm

It's really common for people in relationships who have never and would never actually cheat, to flirt with others, in person or more commonly online. I think it's fine and harmless to flirt on the internet, especially for people who have been in a relationship for a very long time. I think it kind of lifts the ego and it's just fun. What is ya'lls opinion on that? I actually enjoy flirting with a guy online who I will never meet and who knows that we will never meet and also that it's not every going to be anything like cybersex or anything like that, just fun flirting. I don't do it often, and I always make it clear that it's just fun flirting and will never, ever be anything else. Who agrees and who doesn't?

Also, what about the thing I've heard called "work wife"/"work husband"? It's not exactly flirting, but it's like there is one person at your job that you treat as a spouse or treats you as a spouse. I've had that once, but I also had a "work dad" for years when I worked at the convenience store. My boss was "dad" to me and two other people my age who worked there. My "work husband" was a vet when I worked at the vets office. He was about 5 years older than me and while we never flirted, there was "something there" I guess you could say. An attraction. No flirting or anything, just spouse like concern. I'd always get his lunch and he'd pay for mine and I'd stay on him about cholesterol and dressing neat and haircuts and he'd worry about if my car had enough oil and antifreeze and that kind of stuff. Never any flirting though. Do ya'll see that as bad or harmless? I think it's harmless unless one of the parties wants to make it more than it is.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

Nope...never had a "work wife," though I've had affairs with co-workers. One woman followed me home when I was 21.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope...never had a "work wife," though I've had affairs with co-workers. One woman followed me home when I was 21.

I never dated anybody I worked with, although I did have a huge crush on this one guy there. He just wanted to be friends though, which meant I basically hung around him like a sad puppy. He wasn't one of the two good looking alpha male jock ladies men who worked there either, he was kind of awkward and liked odd things and had very strong preferences about things, like I did. He also constantly complained that he couldn't get a girl and I practically threw myself at him, obviously, and he still wasn't interested.

I did end up meeting a lot of guys there that I dated though. I worked there from the time I got my divorce until I met my husband and left to move up North with him for a year. I still talk to quite a few people I met back then, and have some good friends from there to this day. I'm still good friends with a couple of the guys I dated back then.

I'd find the "follow me home" thing creepy though, no matter who did it, I think. Guys wouldn't, I guess, especially if the lady was nice looking.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm

I think it is fun and harmless unless one of the people has strong feelings for the other. Then it is kind of torturous. I have had relationships like that "work wife"/"work husband". I don't know about flirting when in a relationship. If the partner doesn't find out, then I guess it's cool. I don't think I would feel comfortable doing it though.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 8:36 am

I think its fun. It can be exhausting if one of you is single though, and can make for awkward moments.